[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What made Durarara lose popularity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 564x795) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 564x795
What made Durarara lose popularity?
>>
I quit watching the episode where they dumped all of the in between frames and had a frame change every 5 seconds. But it was probably that it took like five years for a season two.
>>
Mystery and novelty of the setting wore off.
>>
>>134604673
Nah, I thoroughly enjoyed the latest season and thought it was much better than the first. It's just that it took 5 years to get a new season and it wasn't legendary enough in its heyday so people eventually forgot.
>>
>It's just that it took 5 years to get a new season and it wasn't legendary enough in its heyday so people eventually forgot.
Pretty much this. It failed to capitalize at the height of its glory.
>>
>>134604495
they keep adding characters making it hard to follow
>>
Shitty fucking animation and the characters were getting too many to bother.
>>
Considering I never watched it I probably never will
EverEver
>>
>>134604495
It's boring. Adding new characters every few episodes also doesn't make durarara easier to apprehend by most people.
>>
File: 090_066_.jpg (2 MB, 2958x4013) Image search: [Google]
090_066_.jpg
2 MB, 2958x4013
They waited too long to make a new season. Not only that but the drop in quality was really noticeable. It's a shame, really, considering how heavily requested a second season was only to get this piece of shit.
>>
Why is everyone saying they waited too long to make a season as the main reason why it failed?

It failed because there was not too much Izaya. Fujoshits run this franchise not ot/a/kus.
>>
Do you think the same thing would have happened to Baccano! if it had continued?
>>
>>134610866
That is the main reason it failed you dumbass. Not even fujoshi are going to care about a series that took 5 years to get another season.
>>
i'm so glad i wasn't the only person who found s2 hard to follow with the amount of characters, i thought i just wasnt paying enough attention.
>>
>>134604495
Main plot getting lost.
Too many characters being introduced.
Terrible characters being introduced.

I decided to watch the first season again in preparation for the new one. I somehow blanked the last few episodes where Headless Rider becomes sexy assistant, and the stupid love triangle drama. Then Izaya's sisters showed up and it was just retarded. Watched the first episode of the new season, saw it was more of the same and dropped it.
>>
>>134610969
Baccano was a flop since the beginning tho.
>>
>>134604629
>But it was probably that it took like five years for a season two.
Fafner took 10 years for a season 2 and it's selling just fine.
>>
It got boring.
>>
>>134611062
Are you kidding me anon? Fujoshits can wait better than otakus. I'm pretty damn sure it's because Izaya had little screentime compared to last time, and these fat lards aren't going to care about weak Jap yakuza. Splitting cours also doesn't help one bit.
>>
>>134604495
The plot is meh, the presentation is incoherent, and the pacing is fucked.
>>
File: dick_chopper.gif (1 MB, 258x277) Image search: [Google]
dick_chopper.gif
1 MB, 258x277
IZAYA!!!!!!! -kun
>>
>>134611274
I know it's super epic to think all fujoshi are these desperate landwhales but in reality most of them are your average ot/a/ku but with shittier taste.
>>
>>134611305
I just didn't want to repeat the word fujoshits.

Don't be so affected, I have nothing against people like you.
>>
>>134611305
>your average ot/a/ku but with shittier taste.
So /a/ ?
>>
>>134611403
What did you think I meant by ot/a/ku silly?
>>
>>134611274
They waited long enough to read the LN in between and were upset that they cut off many important parts from the anime, Izaya's entire arc being one of the many casualties.
>>
>>134604495

Waited too long and the first series is done. Nobody really likes SH much at Japan as the original as the old cast ain't really shown.
>>
>>134611205
Fafner had an OVA prequel a year later, and a movie 5 years later. It also didn't scorn its fujoshi audience.
>>
>>134611176
>tho
Kill yourself, lazy fuck.
>>
You really wanna know what killed it?

The op and ed themes pale in comparison to season 1.
>>
I got to the part where you figured out ole girl was a Dulahan before I dropped it.

Needs more Yozakura Shijuusou.
>>
>>134612085
Also needs more qt headless girl being a qt.
>>
>>134612150
There can never be enough of that, ever.
>>
>>134611305
Fujos have better taste though, sports, comedy and battle series vs harem and moe is an easy win for them.
>>
Season 2 was a mistake
>>
S2 was a waste of time.

I didn't even bother with s3 until someone here mentioned that it was a huge improvement over s2 and I agree but it was already 8 episodes in when I picked it up again
>>
I watched the first season because it was really popular at the time and wanted to know what it was about. Found out it was decent but I didn't really care for it or its characters once it ended, and didn't bother picking up the second or the third season.
>>
Season 2 never went anywhere.
Nothing fucking happens.
>>
>>134612364
This
>>
>>134611205
Fafner was never that big compared to Durarara, was it?
>>
Season one aired 5 years ago. Most people who watched it don't even remember the name of the characters anymore except for maybe Celty and Izaya because they are iconic.
But instead of focusing on the old characters and their problems, they introduce like 2 as many new characters in the second season a the first 2-3 episodes.
Shit was dumb as fuck.
>>
>>134604495
It took way too fucking long for them to make a new season.

Happened to Shana and Haruhi as well, and you damn know it's gonna happen to Index
>>
>>134612085
Final OP is by FLOW, it's gonna be way better than everything else.
>>
>>134604495
5 years wait for the sequel, of course fujos weren't gonna stick around.
>>
>>134611852
Plus the comic was ticking over in the interrim.

>>134615823
It was pretty big for a mecha show. You won't see it on /a/ because it's mecha, and you won't see it on /m/ because it's not Gundam.

It really got bit for being Evangelion, but straighter and later. See also Alien 9.
>>
>>134604749
First season had this impression that it was going to be some three kingdoms plot, but turns out it didn't and the only ones left are the fujoshis. And like waifufags, they aren't loyal fans and will just move to the next hit pairing
>>
I don't remember name, new cast introduced in second season. I'm trying but after third episode, I don't care anymore. Dropped after first split cour. That runaway loli and assasin whatever.
>>
>>134604495
The answer is simple, the second season isn't good. The LN lost popularity too, so the problem is the story itself.

Anyone who thinks that S2 is as good as S1 is clearly deluded,
>>
I feel like things are finally starting to pick up now with the new Yellow Scarves VS the Dollars shit.
>>
>>134612234
>>134612150
I hope that Celty and Shinra OVA gets subbed.
>>
>>134604495
>Izaya put on a bus
>Shinra get blue balled
>Mikado the MC got blue balled
>Shizou get blue balled
>ah, but lesbians are fine.
>>
File: ship.png (646 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ship.png
646 KB, 1280x720
it needs more of this
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.