[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What your honest opinion on Toriyama?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: B050uHOIcAEp1jD.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
B050uHOIcAEp1jD.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
What your honest opinion on Toriyama?
>>
>>134600412
I like his earlier and post DBZ works the most. I don't really like Z.
>>
>>134600412
his dragon warrior designs are cool
>>
>>134600412
What is your honest opinion on Garret Hunter aka Froot Snax?
>>
File: sandland_c01.jpg (97 KB, 474x650) Image search: [Google]
sandland_c01.jpg
97 KB, 474x650
>>134600412
i love all his work but dragon ball z got way too popular

a lot of people here haven't watched or read the original dragon ball

And i think im one of the few people that read some of his one shots like sandland and kajika

I think toriyama is way better at writing and drawing fantasy adventure stuff

Also i really like his sense of humour
>>
File: 1426391162084.gif (491 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1426391162084.gif
491 KB, 500x375
>>134600412
I really liked dragon ball when it was the adventures of kid goku guest starring bulma's titties. I always thought Toriyama was underrated in how well he panels his manga.
>>
Sucks at human characters
Pretty good with monster designs
>>
he's okay, but fans became retarded, gluing themselves to what essentially isn't his work anymore
fans keep breeding cancer, leading to z and later, dq using the same shit, crap like nanatsu, a 70s art style zombified horrendously, etc
rumiko is similar, she should have been let go in the 90s but people are too stupid
>>
Fantastic cartoonist with a great sense of humour. Still one of my favourites.
>>
>>134601344
He's my irl husbando.
>>
>>134601930
You can say a lot of things about Toriyama. But his drawings are really outstanding. Also his battle scenes are really well composed and you can follow the actions panel by panel.
>>
>>134600412
Excellent fantasy illustrator

Okay shonen mangaka
>>
If you get a ton of tattoos and then become a weeb, no one will bat an eye.
>>
>>134603453
I'd bat my eye at Garrett if you catch my meaning.
>>
>>134600412
His latest dragon ball story is shit.
>>
- VERY overrated.
- Should have finished DBZ after Cell or when Vegeta "killed" fat Buu by sacrificing himself.
- Focus on other projects and continue work on Dragon Quest.
- Stop churning out the same bullshit over and over just because it sells.
- Best thing he ever did was Dragonball.

That about sums it up
>>
>>134600412

He sucks at remembering his own story. Dragonball is the main thing he's popular for and he can't even spend the 2 minutes it takes to refresh on a character before he starts writing about them again.
>>
My favorite Toriyama designs are from Dragon Quest. I love those monsters
>>
>>134604648
Oi Guv!
>>
>>134604672
Be Lucky!
>>
>>134604678
Cor-Blimey!
>>
>>134600412
I'll never forgive him for ruining Gohan in Buu arc
>>
>>134604721
Gohan was a cucķ anyway
>>
>>134600412
He's never been good but milking of Dragon Ball has been abysmal.
>>
>>134601564

>I liked it when it was

So you're in the vast minority of non-Asians who got introduced to the series not with DBZ?
>>
>>134605251
Calm down there fedora-kun
90% of murricans started off with DBZ, and a lot dont even know what the fuck DB is.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.