[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Schrödinger's Panties
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Hello I'm having a discussion with a non anime fan,he is stating that in this case "Schrödinger's Panties" can't be a real thing basicly because its in anime and things like this needs to be based on real confirmed facts, for the people not knowing what Schrödinger's Panties is
As with "Schrödinger's cat thought experiment", the "Schrödinger's panties thought experiment", being a parody, states that as long as the bottom of the heroine is not observed, the statements that the heroine is and isn't wearing panties are both true and valid. Under physical terms, both situation are in a state of superposition. The reality only settles after observation.
What do you guys think?
Anime picture: Denki-gai no Honya-san
>>
What in the name of fuck are you talking about?
>>
Trying to replace random things with anime girls doesn't make them suddenly anime related, fuck off back to /b/
>>
>>134596417
I think your friend is dumb and one of those people who argues for the sake of arguing
>>
>>134596550
He just doesn't like anime :/ that"s the problem
>>
>>134596417
Fucking weebs, man.
>>
>>134597148
You are in the anime board,i think you will find them here a lot...
>>
>>134596417
>anime
>real confirmed facts
>real
>anime
>confirmed
>a n i m e
>facts
>A N I M E
it's like you want to genocide the catgirls
>>
>>134596417
Short version, your friend's an idiot. Just because a principle or thought experiment pertains to a work of fiction doesn't mean it is entirely worthless.
>>
>>134597634
Thank You,basicly the same what i said
>>134597489
Have i broken something inside you? if so my apologies
>>
>>134596417
The purpose of the thought experiment was to try and understand how quantum mechanics works. The experiment used a geiger counter that would go off if it sensed radiation from the nearby material. Because of how unpredictable quantum mechanics works, the radioactive particle could decay and not decay at the same time, and by looking at the box (i.e. perceiving the particle), you would be collapsing the wave function.

Obviously something like that can't work in real life, large objects like cats are not constricted to quantum mechanics, and so Schrodinger reasoned that the Copenhagen Interpretation was flawed.

Schrodinger used the thought experiment to prove that it was impossible, or at the very least flawed. He wasn't agreeing with it.
>>
>>134599918
That is quite interesting i did not know that about the experiment...
>>
>>134600100
what's your age, 12?
>>
>>134600142
Actually i'm 21 but hey its the internet so i can be anything you want :) or anyone ^^
>>
>>134599918
>Because of how unpredictable quantum mechanics works, the radioactive particle could decay and not decay at the same time
I never got how this is a thing.
>>134600142
Everyone assumes Schrodinger theorized that two outcomes at once is possible, ignoring the point of the experiment is that this is ridiculous.
>>
I'm a raging faggot
>>
>>134600510
clever even tough i didn't say that :P
>>
>>134600466
>I never got how this is a thing

They couldn't come up with a better explanation of what they're observing. Maybe with time science can find a better model to explain it, but for now the current model works adequately, even if, as Schrodinger pointed out, it's illogical.
>>
>>134600466
It has to do with how we define subatomic particles to work. In our world things exist at a point, but in quantum physics everything is just a possibility space. This possibility space can be defines as a wave (hence, collapsing the wavefunction is getting a possibility out of this possibility space). Take the double slit experiment as an example.

Rudamentary physics would show that the electrons would show a pattern that matches the slit, however this doesn't happen. Instead what happens is we get a level of intensity that matches as if water was pushing waves through the slit. This is because the particles don't move like we do, but rather are unpredictable and rely entirely on chance on where they end up.

Essentially what is brought up in schrodinger's experiment is known as superposition. Just like real waves, wavefunctions can be summed up together and they are a valid state, meaning two states occuring at the same time is also a valid state.
>>
Are we still talking about Schrödinger's Panties ?
>>
File: schrodingersfuta.jpg (299 KB, 1280x1372) Image search: [Google]
schrodingersfuta.jpg
299 KB, 1280x1372
>>
>>134601581
Thank you, :') made me so happy
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.