[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Toriyama taking such a massive dump on Gohan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Goku_Vegeta_talk_Gohan.gif (26 KB, 391x320) Image search: [Google]
Goku_Vegeta_talk_Gohan.gif
26 KB, 391x320
I know Gohan's no fighter at heart but at least show him with some credibility.

Originally, I thought the whole "Gohan is a nerdy loser" thing was concoded by Toei but it turns out it's mainly Toriyama-sensei's writing.... which is strange because I didn't think the Battle of Gods movie handled him too badly (he actually got to touch Beerus) unlike the Super anime's version where Beerus didn't even view him as worth playing with. But then Resurrection F came and he looked rather derpy.

Finally, there's the scene where Vegeta suggests to bring Gohan to the Universe 6 Tournament and Goku's like "Pfft, fuck Gohan! He's a nerd... he can't even find his gi!".

Let me reiterate, I'm not one of those self-inserting Gohan fans who want SSJ2 "badassery" but I think Gohan should treated with way more respect than given by the man.
>>
he's senile give him a break
last thing he wrote was a jojo clone with a big titted maiden with a hyppo shadow
>>
>>134589215
>Taking a dump

You mean writing him consistently?

Gohan is the same as he's always been. I get the feeling that the majority of the Gohan "fanbase" simply saw the Cell fight or the Mystic Gohan bit and decided that was gohan, nothing else.
>>
Toriyama is angry with the modern industry for not being able to create another international hit like DBZ and pretty much depending on its old glories.

Goku = Toriyama's self-insert. He used to trust on the next generation but they fail them so now he's back in action
Gohan = Kishimoto, Kubo, etc
>>
>>134589685
Fucking this.
>>
>>134589685
>>134589856
Horseshit. Gohan already went through the "not keeping up with training will cost me at some point" shit through the fucking Buu Saga..
Let's not even go into how he's much weaker than ater a few years than when he didn't train at all for about 7 years earlier.

They're just giving him the GT treatement, even worse so, but DBZ fans will defend anything the new show tosses out.
>>
>>134589973
>Every time he gets a power up he stops training
>BAAAWWW, HOW COME HE STOPPED TRAINING TORIYAMA YOU RUINED MUH GOHUN
>>
To introduce Universe 6's Gohan instead.
>>
>>134590044
>DBZ
>Gohan stops fighting for like 5-7 years after Cell, focusing on school
>still can go SSJ2
>Still powerful enough to get the attention of the Kaioshin and fight off Dabura

>DB Super
>Gohan has stopped fighting for like 2 years
>Can barely go SSJ
>Can't even find his fucking uniform

>herpa derpa gohanfags complain too much.

Shit, I'm pretty sure that DBZ established that he kept his fighting clothes under his bead
>>
>>134590658
>DBZ
>Gohan doesn't give a shit
>He's weaker than before
>DBS
>Gohan doesn't give a shit
>He's weaker than before

Seems consistent.
>>
File: db06.jpg (28 KB, 386x400) Image search: [Google]
db06.jpg
28 KB, 386x400
>>134589215
>>134589215
>Let me reiterate, I'm not one of those self-inserting Gohan fans who want SSJ2 "badassery"
I don't know why we keep pushing this meme that if anyone wants to see Gohan do something other than be pathetic, then they want him to take over the show and be Extra Mad Gohan Super Strongest Warrior Who Has No Mercy

One of Gohan's coolest incarnations is one where he loses his goddamn arm, and is shortly killed afterwards. No fanfare, no final come back, Trunks finds his corpse in a muddy puddle.
But there was a little meaning in his useless struggle, and it helped push Trunks into becoming stronger. That's all that mattered. The mantle was passed, that's all Gohan needed to do.

Gohan's already come into his own at the end of Dragonball Z, and here we are with the ultimate runback, because they don't know what else to do with a Saiyan that isn't a child, because that would ruin the Goku/Vegeta Best Buddies!/Ultimate Rivals! dynamic they've got going on now. Well, because having Gohan be even half as strong as he was at the end of DBZ would throw out every threat that doesn't call for Goku and Vegeta's immediate attention.

And I'm not saying that I want Gohan to get a SSJG power up (especially since I don't like it), but this is literally what everyone was complaining about GT for doing to him and several other characters, but I guess since Vegeta is off the jobber's bus, and Toriyama is helping, everything is okay and shouldn't be criticized at all.

For fuck's sake, people are calling him a Mary Sue now. What the shit's up with that?
To be honest, I'd rather he just not be around if they're going to do him like this. I'd rather see him studying other planets/doing Saiyaman shit on other planets with Videl, like a big spoof of GT or something, that's be great.
>>
>>134590742
>Gohan has become severely weaker in a shorter amount of time and unable to access his full power than the previous era of peace where he didn't train at all, and could still transform to his highest level, although much weaker than before
>Seems consistent!
Oh! You've really convinced me.
>>
Toriyama is only vaguely involved with Super. He's only designing characters and broadly describing plots.
>>
File: Future Gohan.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Future Gohan.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>134589973
>Horseshit

All Gohan's power ups that mattered were rarely ever because he trained. It helped but they were always potentials that were drawn out by others and mainly because he emotionally forced into it.

Gohan vs Raditz
Gohan vs Nappa
Gohan vs Vegeta
Gohan vs Recoome
Gohan vs Frieza
Gohan vs Cell Jr
Gohan vs Cell

After this he basically became very weak during the Buu saga

Gohan vs Dabura
Gohan vs Fat Buu

He made a comeback against Buu with the whole Mystic power up shit but even then he did nothing with it.

Gohan has never been a reliable fighter just an emotional one. I understand people having hopes for him back then when DBZ was still going but now that skepticism holds no grounds.

Krillin, Picollo, Gohan, Goten, and Trunks will never be at the level of importance like that of Goku and Vegeta outside of fanfics.

Give it a rest it's better for your sanity. Since the only way that will ever happen is if current Gohan was forced to become like Future Gohan.
>>
>>134590658
It's been over six years since Buu.
>>
>>134589215

Gohan is only allowed to be a badass if there's any buildup to it like during his Cell and Buu moments otherwise he consistently jobs with the rest of them.
>>
What if, in a later arc, Gohan decides to train for 4 months?
>>
>>134589215
SHOO SHOO GOHANFAG
>>
>>134592531
But I Don't like goku
>>
>>134592531
Oh that comment you made was like, amazing dude. Can I be your friend? Im dead fucking serious here.
>>
>>134590995
>Goten, and Trunks will never be at the level of importance like that of Goku and Vegeta outside of fanfics
These two actually made me sad, because they did enjoy fighting.
>>
>>134593041
>reddit
>>
File: 1447871527454.jpg (70 KB, 560x423) Image search: [Google]
1447871527454.jpg
70 KB, 560x423
>U6 Gohan will be Venom Gohan
>Doesn't give a shit about anything, pretty much the main rival to our Goku
>Lives for combat and fighting, but is also incredibly intelligence and sophisticated.
>>
>>134593611

Why didn't they include Goten in the space adventures in GT? With Goku and Trunks being asexual as usual, they could have had Goten chasing after alien skirts.
>>
>>134589215
Because you're trying to find sense on a gag/shonen manga-anime written by a senile fart.

Also something something pleb as fuck.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.