[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Anime that looked harmless but ended up being insultingly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 11179880_ori.jpg (201 KB, 800x1169) Image search: [Google]
11179880_ori.jpg
201 KB, 800x1169
ITT: Anime that looked harmless but ended up being insultingly bad or stupid
>>
>>134579165
Elaborate.
>>
>>134579197
>>
>>134579165
Found the retard.
>>
>>134579402
Elaborate.
>>
>tfw no upside down hugs with your waifu
>>
>>134579197
Not him but it was disapointing. It felt like a dumbed-down version of Time of Eve. The plot was the classic "two differents people overcome their difference" but the characters were really forgetable.
>>
>>134580659
Haven't watched time of eve so... explain further
>>
>>134580738
It's by the same guy.
It's kind of the same basic plot, because in time of eve you have human being racist toward sentient robot. The japanese mc end up being friend with a bunch of them, you learn about several interesting characters and it end with the implication that robots are becoming more and more accepted.

Meanwhile, in Patema, you have a great adventure instead of a slice of life story. There's also a clear reason why there's racism (the bad guy who represent the governement). That's fine in itself but then every characters are stereotypes. So you have the anime of a creator who have the same theme as an old one but dumber.
>>
>>134579165
If you think Patema was insultingly bad, you've never actually watched anything insultingly bad.
>>
>>134579165
It wasn't bad, it was just meh in a good way

Left me mor "It was fun" than "It was a waste of time"
>>
Patema a cute, though.
>>
>>134579165
It's not very original in terms of characters and story arc, but it's definitely not bad. It's still pretty well executed and the premise is quite unique. At least, I haven't seen it done before.
>>
>>134579165
Black rock shooter.
The manga was interesting enough but instead it was Sucker Punch with retarded lesbians.
I'm not someone that drops series compulsively, but that's one I really gave up on.
>>
>>134583443
For me BRS was unintentional comedy of the year
>>
I actually really liked it and well enough to buy it, one of a few things I actually own. Maybe it's just my fetish of watching people get sucked into space but it's a hell of a ride and the twist was good and unexpected.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.