[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ping Pong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
I know /a/ considers Ping Pong to be pretentious and undeserving of the artsy bullshit praise it got while it aired- but I'm re-watching it now and can't stop smiling.

If you're used to Yuasa's ugly/smooth/weird animation style, it's just so much fun. the music, the frame cuts, the characters. Super enjoyable.
>>
You should introduce me to this /a/ guy.
>>
>>134565933
he's a rampant shitposter in 3x3 threads
>>
OOOH YEAAAAAH
>>
Yeah, it's awesome. Hopefully we get news on Yuasa's new film next year.
>>
It was the undisputed AOTY, go check the polls or something
>>
>>134565869
Some people on /a/ hate it, but I thought it was great.
>>
>>134566332
it aired the same season as Uchouten Kazoku. That was a damn fine season for anime
>>
File: Ping Pong- Alive.png (711 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ping Pong- Alive.png
711 KB, 1280x720
The tune and the slow mo didn't get me to cry
But when everyone started cheering and the lyrics kicked in, I started tearing up with pure joy.
>>
File: 44193558_p16.jpg (159 KB, 597x1200) Image search: [Google]
44193558_p16.jpg
159 KB, 597x1200
it was a good time
>>
>>134566532
Wasn't that 2013?
Still a good year.
>>
>>134566532
No, it didnt. And both are overrated hipster SHIT anyway.
>>
>>134565869
It's great and anyone who thinks it's bad has shit taste
>>
File: 43456778_p15.jpg (48 KB, 450x683) Image search: [Google]
43456778_p15.jpg
48 KB, 450x683
>>134566599
I'm sure it did, though, I remember having both to look forward to?
>>134566581
that seems right
>>
Ping Pong is great. Fuck /a/ and its shit taste.
>>
>>134566532
Uchouten Kazoku was definitely not that great. Ping pong was better because it had an actually decently written for once but was kind of half-baked towards the end. Excellent OST though.
>>
>>134565869
/a/ here. I loved it. Don't listen to impostors claiming to be me.
>>
>>134566711
Uchouten was summer 2013, while Ping Pong was spring 2014.
>>
>>134566747
come on anon, Uchouten Kazoku had great writing, it was just a little family story with great art and music. Not on the level of Ping Pong, but definitely a good anime.
>>
>>134566848
for real? my memory is messed up
>>
>>134565869
i think the ping pong animation style would go with the art style in takemitsu zamurai really well
>>
>>134566919
that's a match made in fucking heaven anon. I'd like to see experimental shorts with Yuasa animating, using like, thick calligraphy lines.
good manga taste
>>
>>134566891
Yep, you can trust me anon. I'm the real /a/ and everybody else's taste is shit.
>>
>pretentious
they literally play ping pong every episode and just talk like friends. it's probably the best portrayal of high school. Smile is a great protag. no school club girl rescues him, and whatever else. its just guys being dudes.
>>
It was aoty imo
>>
>>134567635
Pretentious is a word you use to describe anything slightly different looking or something to which people attribute intelligence. Don't think about it too much.
>>
half of /a/ thinks it is aoty/anime of the 2010s so far
they're not wrong, but people don't like to agree on things
>>
I actually wish Yuasa didn't do the adaptation. Maybe then I would have had lower hopes for it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.