[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
History lesson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: wolfsmund-1-ki-oon.jpg (85 KB, 433x600) Image search: [Google]
wolfsmund-1-ki-oon.jpg
85 KB, 433x600
ITT: Mangas or animes taking place in a realistic period of History.
Fantasy may apply if it stays light and doesn't afflict the world too much, an obvious exemple is Berserk.

I've started pic related and it's pretty good, the swiss independance is a quite original setting. The characters are convincing, even when they don't appear for long, and the violence is well done too.
>>
>mangas
>>
>www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?page=1&category=Historical+References
>>
A little less blatant wording and you could've had your little rec thread. I would've probably helped too. Too bad, please lurk more before posting.
>>
>>134549274
I'm a relatively new fag so I may not know what is exactly wrong with a recommandation thread. I've seen nothing about it in the rules, and most of the time people on /a/ know a lot more shit about obscure works.
>>
>>134547620
>animes
>mangs
>>
>>134547900
>>134549576
Oh come on, I'm not a native english speaker. I won't do it again, I got it.
>>
>>134549771
Neither I am.
I still don't do it.
>>
>>134549829
And I congratulate you for sharing this amazing piece of knowledge with us my friend
>>
>>134547620
>ESL newfag tries to make rec thread
Kill yourself.
>>
>>134547620
Do yourself a favour and read a fucking book. In English. Thanks.
>>
>anon tries to discuss manga
>/a/ blows up
Sasuga
OP your post is fine
>>
>>134547620
Go back to your German boards.
>>
>>134549771
Neither of those are English words.
>>
>>134550416
That's my point. Depending on the language that uses foreign words like manga, the adaptation in the new language may differ, but oh well. I just wanted goodwilling souls to exchange experiences about good works, I guess I can go fuck myself
>>
If you haven't read Vinland Saga before then get on it ASAP. Historie is pretty good as well, though I have to admit that I dropped it after seeing what the author did with Hephaestion's character.
>>
Wolfsmund was a little too edgy for me, but I quite liked the idea and the art is alright.
>>
I strongly recommend Shoukoku No Altair.
>>
>>134553804
So Vinland Saga is this worth. It was already on my list but I will definitely start it ASAP

>>134553834
Yeah, Wolfsmund has its lot of edgyness and gore, but it really made the atmosphere and hatred for the antagonist.

>>134553942
Nice I never heard of it before, it looks interesting
>>
>>134547620
lurk moar
>>
what was the name of that on samurai series someone posted on here earlier, i think it was by one on the people who worked on Wolfsmund

can anyone help me out? i forget the name
>>
>>134554456
>i think it was by one on the people who worked on Wolfsmund
Then find it yourself, you useless piece of shit.
>>
>>134554456
It's gaikou kakkaku, anon.
>>
>>134554585

Thanks, i was trying to find this.
>>
>>134547620
seeing that one guy get a pole rammed up his ass really warmed my heart. I liked that series OP
>>
>>134547620
Vagabond
>>
Does Wolfsmund have an ongoing plot outside of the guy at the gate being a jackass? I thought it was weird that it's still going after he got that pole rammed up his anus.
>>
>>134553942
Altair is really underrated, it has excellent art and the story is good.
>>
I recently started that one that takes place in the Hittite Empire
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.