[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't be the only one who thinks that this is mediocre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: mob-psycho-100-4643853.jpg (186 KB, 1200x875) Image search: [Google]
mob-psycho-100-4643853.jpg
186 KB, 1200x875
I can't be the only one who thinks that this is mediocre as fuck, right? It started out decent, but now it's just some power of friendship nurutu tier shit. Anyone who thinks this is better than OPM is hilarious.
>>
Everything with Reigen is great, current arc stinks though.
>>
>>134544740
You're the only one.
>>
>>134544782
It's not that bad.
>>
>>134544740
>power of friendship
what? learning to be a proper functioning social human being =/= "muh faggoty power of friendship", despite what neckbeards would have you believe.

Most fights go the wanpan route anyways, with the cast getting kicked around before Mob shows up to to teach the enemy of the week that being The Best That Ever Was isn't all there is to life.
Powerlevels are much closer though, since even though fights are more or less the same "foregone conclusion" as OMP Mob is close enough to some of his opponents that he at least has to TRY before going 100% or ???%. Also side characters get a few fights here and there without being utterly overshadowed in strength, which is nice.

TLDR, sorry having a cast and character development flusters your booties
>>
>>134544817
It's certainly the worst arc in the series so far. Everything about Serizawa and the boss have been done countless times, and ONE doesn't really add anything new to it. Reigen saves everything as usual, but the amount of development some characters get is disappointing, like the bosses son. That's ONEs problem, creating too large of a cast either spreads out development too thin or just has some characters be completely irrelevant, like in OPMs S class.
>>
>>134545018
You can't even argue the Serizawa fight wasn't power-of-friendship as fuck
>>
>>134545059
Using a similar plot point of other works does not make this one bad, you sound extrenely biased because some of you probably had way too high expectations. See the current arc for what it is and it really has elements of everything shounen mangas are famous for, and i really can't hate it.
>>
File: 1449246439033.jpg (871 KB, 1213x1920) Image search: [Google]
1449246439033.jpg
871 KB, 1213x1920
>>134544740
It started off decent, and similar to Opm, then after the arc where reigen rescues mob from the scar group, it started to decrease in entertainment value and slowly become the very manga's that the industry has already become over saturated with.

Overall it's a less interesting world then the One punch man universe, I don't think this week by week release is enough time for ONE put in good material in Mob

With Opm, he can take off long breaks till he finds something interesting to put write/draw, with mob it's seems like he's trying to force it.
>>
>>134545125
The power of friendship is only bad if it's used as an asspull powerup or talk no jutsu to solve an unsolvable issue, which wasn't the case with serizawa.
>>
>>134545223
ONE wrote OPM for himself.
He wrote Mob for not himself.
>>
>>134545223
How does King not have a girlfriend? I mean,he's handsome,rich, and famous.
>>
>>134545479
he doesn't want a 3d pleb fagget.
>>
>>134545141
For me I don't find the current arc to be underwhelming because it has plot elements that have been done many times before in other battle manga but its the fact these plot elements are uninteresting ones

Many ability users (espers) form an organization in order to take over the world with their power. Bonus points if:
>they also form a large army of underlings
>they a found a method to create more like themselves
thus losing the feeling that only a few people within the world can have this ability.

Having the protagonists instead fight an evil cult or a legion of spirits and demons would be more befitting of the manga's supernatural tone. The latter will probably be derivative of the OPM's Monster Association but I love ONE's outlandish and goofy monsters so I wouldn't mind.
>>
Feels like ONE wants to end MP100 soon.
>>
>>134549182
yeah the omake of last chapter feel like he's gonna end it soon
>>
File: 1448333682478.png (158 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1448333682478.png
158 KB, 500x375
>>134545223
is Fubuki asking me to buy a ticket?
>>
>>134545479
He's kinda like Saitama, even with his reputation he doesnt give a shit and goes through life normally.
>>
>>134549482
>He's kinda like Saitama
How can you compare the strongest man on earth with someone who has cheated all his way to A-Class?
>>
File: (hard).png (33 KB, 140x170) Image search: [Google]
(hard).png
33 KB, 140x170
>>134545223
>Child Emperor
>>
>>134544740
The nice thing about Mob is seeing him grow as a person slowly over time. The latest arc seems to be rushing this. Also suddenly the cast increased quite much. It would be better with a small cast, based Reigen, Dimple, Body improvement club, Teru,
I like it though
>>
>>134544740
Lately things have been getting too big.
OPM wont have that problem due to its nature itself.
Two different things, each quite as good.
>>
>>134545223
>We still have tickets, you wanna buy one?
Yes please
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.