[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1449595865684.gif (2 MB, 330x530) Image search: [Google]
1449595865684.gif
2 MB, 330x530
What went wrong?
>>
File: d98auzy.png (1 MB, 633x1075) Image search: [Google]
d98auzy.png
1 MB, 633x1075
Dragon Ball should have ended at "Z"
>>
>>134523925

You mean Battle of Gods.

It was the perfect nostalgia movie. DB doesnt have more merit than that.
>>
>>134523585
I don't think that's how angles work...
>>
File: 235_4.png (442 KB, 626x517) Image search: [Google]
235_4.png
442 KB, 626x517
>>134523585
>What went wrong?

Power level fags being mad is "going wrong"? It sounds like everything was just fine. Too bad Super likely will remove that scene, since they want to pander to power level fags (that's the only reason the whole universal shockwave thing exists).
>>
>>134524323
>comparing yajirobe/vegeta with scrub/god
>>
Dear god it seems that english speakers are as stupid as people in my country.
1) Whis explains that Goku is too relaxed.
2) He shows by hitting him that being too relaxed, your body is just a "normal" body (sayians ar not made of metal or something)
3) It's the first time in a really, really long time that Dragon ball actually pays attention to the fights outside of just throwing random fireballs and people being invincible.
What do you want? To have those characters breaking planets and not feel any punch they take? It's not interestnig. It's not fun unless you're a 12 year old weaboo that wants godlike power level.
I'm drunk so I'm too lazy to write more in a language I suck at, but honestly Super and the 2 last movies are probably the parts that are the most inventive and coherent since a long time in the saga.
>>
>>134524163
Dragon Ball Super has done a good job in remaking the F movie imo.
>>
>>134524506
PS : for point 3) I meant to add that that it's actually refreshing to see they care about the drama and fight with characters not being invincible. Powerlevels were the cancer of Dragon Ball. The more powerful the characters are, the more the shonen industry generaly forgets what makes a good fight.
>>
>>134524506
Goku took bullets in the forehead as a kid and he couldn't see them jor expect bullets as he never saw a gun before.
Also he was thrown through rocks and didn't take aignificant damage even though he was hungry.
>>
>>134524506
Dude it is legitimate to expect godlike powers they ARE gods
>>
>>134524736
>Goku took bullets in the forehead as a kid
That was the comedy part of DB. At this point Tori wasn't in the same mood or trying to construct the same kind of coherent universe I think.

>>134524823
No, they are not really gods. But yes they're close. Anyway, that doesn't takes back the fact that saiyans body are not invincible.
Ok let's take a real example. It's a bit of a strecth but, see shaolin monks? They do things that "normal people" could never do. Stronger, can take blows with metal weapons/bats, whatever.
Well, they can do those kind of things normal humans can do, but they have to concentrate. If they don't, they're just chillin and you take em by surprise and hit them, what do you think happens?
That's the same with Goku's body, for me.
>>
Dragon Ball should have ended at the pilaf arc
>>
>>134523925
It should have ended at the Cell saga, with the Buu saga being a noncanon, but still released side work. GT was always a mistake.
>>
>>134524506
Here's another example of Super Saiyans being vulnerable when relaxed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TM7XMr1WNI
>>
>>134525481
Those dubs and music
Poor America
Anyways coold point and kinda funny scene, but iirc it's not canon (not in the manga/not written by Tori)
>>
File: 1449589374809.png (1 MB, 676x1372) Image search: [Google]
1449589374809.png
1 MB, 676x1372
>>134524323
>Too bad Super likely will remove that scene

Not really. What will you do when they don't?
>>
I can believe the laser being powerful given how advanced Frieza Army tech might be.
>They regenerated Frieza from a bunch of chopped up chunks.
>They can travel across the galaxy in a matter of months.

The latter is more impressive than it sounds. Space is big.

But really it's more about the plot point that anyone can be vulnerable to cheap shots if they're too relaxed.
>>
>>134527736
If they had "powerful" lasers they wouldn't be in trouble without 580'000 pl freeza
>>
>>134528059
Could be that it's a special one, given that the commander of the whole army has it.
>>
>>134528059
Freeza got cut in half by a laser disk m8
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.