[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is basically the work that laid the fundament for all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 20716.jpg (46 KB, 225x308) Image search: [Google]
20716.jpg
46 KB, 225x308
So this is basically the work that laid the fundament for all fantasy anime and JRPGs in existence, right?
>>
>tfw non of the manga is translated
>>
Did you mean to post an image of DnD? Because that's the basis of everything, particularly Lodoss which was originally presented as a DnD session.
Other important things to mention are Ultima and Wizardry, also heavily based on DnD.
>>
How would that even work when it came out after Dragon Quest?

>>134515578
This.
>>
>>134515578

So by extension, Lord of the Rings?
>>
Lodoss War owns. I wish there was more stuff like it.
>>
>10 min intro every ep
>>
>>134515578
Wizardry is much more important than D&D or Ultima in the context of Japanese RPG stuff because it was the biggest influence on Dragon Quest which really kicked off the fantasy boom of the 90s in Japanese entertainment media
>>
>>134516496
Dragon Quest is practically nothing like Wiz. Ultima is a lot closer.
>>
>>134516379
Yes, 指輪物語 also had its influence, for instance Gim is named after Gimli, but DnD is kind of a singularity that ties everything together.
>>
>>134516389

>they remake it
>it flops

I dunno if I want this.
>>
>>134517776
You don't. Look what happened with Slayers.
>>
>>134517776
There was a short Lodoss series last year, it didn't get a lot of attention from what I remember.
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=10518
>>
>>134517910

>chibis

I'm conflicted.
>>
Lodoss is what every DnD nerd wants their game to be

Slayers is how their DnD game actually ends up
>>
>>134516470
That was the best part though, the rest was stillframes and an increasingly bad story.
>>
>>134518157
If you read the replays you'll realize that Lodoss is a lot like how DnD is.
>>
File: D_Record_001.jpg (589 KB, 730x1013) Image search: [Google]
D_Record_001.jpg
589 KB, 730x1013
Hoe does this make you feel?
>>
>>134517776
Have you watched teh series?

is terrible, everything is completely underdeveloped but more importantly, the MC is presented as some sort of chosen one but doesn't win a single battle or contribute with anything
>>
>>134518420
>Nigger goblins bitting Deedlit's ears
NOOOO! Not her ears, you stinky little niggers, everything but her ears!
>>
File: wizardry.jpg (44 KB, 324x493) Image search: [Google]
wizardry.jpg
44 KB, 324x493
>>134516496
>fantasy boom of the 90s
you mean the 80s
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.