[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best version of Gunbuster to buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: index.jpg (125 KB, 661x910) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
125 KB, 661x910
Series on DVD
Gunbuster "The Movie" on Bluray
Gunbuster vs Diebuster Aim for the Top

Wish the main series would get a Bluray release
>>
>buying anime
>>
>>134484107
Degenerates, everyone.
>>
>>134483945
>buy
>>
>>134484107
>>134484217
Heathens
>>
diebuster sucked more than the ace wo nerae moments
>>
>>134485399
No.
>>
File: 8ff63f4576.png (7 KB, 696x149) Image search: [Google]
8ff63f4576.png
7 KB, 696x149
>>134483945
>Wish the main series would get a Bluray release
You're in luck.
>>
>>134487073
>Buy
>>
>>134483945
series on BD. why do you even need to fucking ask
>>
>>134489432
There isn't a US Bluray.
>>
>>134489942
if you're a buy fag, get the japanese version. it has english subtitles. otherwise just torrent a bd rip like everyone else
>>
>>134490602
$400+ for a six episode ova. Lol no
>>
>>134491053
WHAT ARE YOU POOR OR SOMETHING? DON'T YOU WANT TO SUPPORT THE INDUSTRY?? HURR HURR BUY ANIMU OR ELSE HURR
>>
>>134491053
>I want the best version
>but I won't buy it or torrent
>>
Is Diebuster worth watching?

Seems like a Z -> ZZ kind of thing.
>>
>>134491765
exactly this. Japanese versions are the BEST, with the most amount of profit going straight to the original creator - not some shady localization company hoarding the profit. You fucking buyfags who only buy north american releases are disgusting hypocrites. Worse than pirates.
>>
>>134491813
nope, diebuster is shit. the tie at the end linking to gunbuster is all everyone who likes this steaming pile gushes over, completely overlooking how terrible diebuster is. the link was forced as fuck too. there's not one damn thing worthwhile about diebuster, it shames the legacy gunbuster left behind
>>
>>134491813
So a great sequel to a decent show? Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>134491817
They shouldn't charge 2-10x what it goes for over here then. What's wrong with buying NA releases? Localization companies buy the rights and then sell them to us. Nothing shady about that. If anything the nips are getting fucked hard. Japanese companies wouldn't need to charge as much if they'd mint/print/press more copies. There's a demand but they don't make with the supply.
>>
>>134492049
They can sell it for 10x because elevens are willing to pay for it. In America someone would get laughed at for trying it, but we live in a culture where downloading and streaming is encouraged because people don't see the point in paying for more than 10$ a month on media. It's a completely different culture in Japan.
>>
>>134492049
you're not support the original creators. you're only support shitty english voice actors. you may as well just pirate the shit anyways if you aren't putting rice into the mouths of the animators who drew that shit for you
>>
>>134492049
they have to sell it for that much. they work on small margins. if anime sold in the millions of units like hollywood block busters ala iron man or avengers, then sure they can afford to drop the price but when you're only selling 10,000 units on a first run, it's a GOOD day. you say you want to support creators, but then you also say you want to pay up. What is it then? stop being a hypocrite.
>>
>>134492312
>*don't want to pay up
>>
>>134491813
If you haven't been spoiled on Diebuster it's well worth a watch. Just be prepared for a very different show.

And fuck that Zeta is awful.
>>
>>134491817
>not some shady localization company hoarding the profit
At this point Gainax seems more shady.
>>
>>134492440
so you call the creator shady? why even bother insisting on this farce of buying stuff to support the industry when you CLEARLY don't give a shit about the creators in the first place.
>>
>>134492204
>>134492264
>>134492312
When you charge as much/more than a PS4 for a 6 episode OVA you're doing something wrong. When charge just as much for a 4 episode disc of a 26 episode series as a AAA game you're doing something wrong. The Japanese game companies can mint hundreds of thousands of discs. So why can't anime industries do the same? Increase the availability, increase the consumer base, increase profit.
>>
>>134492568
PRICE
ELASTICITY
>>
>>134492568
are you seriously this fucking stupid? jesus christ. just admit it you don't understand how the world works and your buyfag attitude is just to make yourself feel better when in reality you aren't and have no genuine interest in supporting the industry. fucking hypocrite
>>
>>134492698
Idk where this "feel better" bullshit came from. I just like owning my anime. Doesn't make me high and mighty holier than thou
>>
>>134492831
Bang on I see. YES it is just self gratification. Your trying to feel better/superior by your gesture of "supporting the industry". Now when it gets pointed out your actually not, you get all bent out of shape. Hilarious!! Real fans buy their shit from Japan. Guess you're not a real fan.
>>
>>134483945
>Series on DVD
Sure, why not.

>Gunbuster "The Movie" on Bluray
Never buy abridged movies of anything. They're just shortened recaps. It's six episodes anyway.

>Gunbuster vs Diebuster Aim for the Top
Why not both? They're two distinct series.

>Wish the main series would get a Bluray release
Is there a point? It'll just be a glorified upscale since it wasn't originally produced for 1080p. It'll be like the Disney "digital remasters" that just blurred the original. Same goes for TV 1080p releases from shit that wasn't made in 1080p.

>>134491813
Of course it is. There are plenty of pretentious idiots who think Diebuster isn't comparable to Gunbuster but you should ignore them. They're the kind of idiots who spend 5 minutes watching Groovin Magic and some Nono scenes once and think it's automatically inferior. The same kind of people who think Episode 4 of TTGL was a mistake.

Once you get over the initial shock of Nono going Topless at the end of the first episode, you will be able to tell that there's actually more to the series than what people characterise as purely mindless fanservice.

>>134492049
>What's wrong with buying NA releases?
My personal gripe is that NA releases have the problem of over-compression. If a Japanese disc has 1-2 episodes on it, an American disc would have 9. If you're the type who gives a shit about quality, you can't overlook details like that. That shit flies for live action material because most people can't tell the difference / don't care but not animated stuff, especially for modern day computer generated stuff. You can argue that the Japanese are just jewing you for money with the 1-2 episode thing but that's a given from Japan's dying anime industry and doesn't really change the quality argument.
>>
>>134493057
>>Gunbuster vs Diebuster Aim for the Top
>Why not both? They're two distinct series

I believe that's a movie encompassing both series but I'm not sure.
>>
>>134492899
>>
>>134493057
>Is there a point? It'll just be a glorified upscale since it wasn't originally produced for 1080p. It'll be like the Disney "digital remasters" that just blurred the original. Same goes for TV 1080p releases from shit that wasn't made in 1080p.

it's remastered from film. it looks fucking glorious
>>
>>134483945
Just dropping by to tell you that Gunbuster is shit
>>
>>134493057
Cell produced shows can scale very well.
>>
>>134493148
Oh, that might be it. I forgot it existed.

>>134493187
>>134493207
Hmm, didn't think of that. I only have the DVD release so I guess I'll go hunt down the BD release later and do a comparison.
>>
>>134491862
Exactly my thoughts.
>>
Diebuster was better.
>>
As a roaming lurker who has just now watched Gunbuster and the first episode of Diebuster, I have mixed reactions. Gunbuster was decent at times, but has not aged so well. Diebuster seems to do many things better, though both shows are seeped in tits everywhere for practically no reason. Was this just Gainax being Gainax?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.