[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UQ holder Thread i guess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: UQ_HOLDER!.jpg (197 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
UQ_HOLDER!.jpg
197 KB, 1024x768
I swore to never again read an Akamatsu Ken manga again after Negima shit end.

but im curious... its true UQ holder explain negima end ?

if yes what chapers do it?

what happened ?
>>
NEGIMA. WHY.
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE. GREATEST MANGA EVER
HXH will win if it ever finishes but till then...

But to answer your question, /a/ keeps mentioning it answering SOME questions. If it DOES fix the end, then I'll read it. I've read till chapter 16 and it was looking good (as in, it started weird but right when there were no chapters left it became good) but nothing amazing yet.
>>
To be fair, Negima's end wasn't entirely Akamatsu's fault
>>
>>134472516
This. More than one of the manga news sites I followed for Negima spoilers were mentioning lots of shit from the editors. Ken better fix it though.
>>
UQ holder does not explain the Negima ending at all, as there are several events and characters that contradict stuff in UQ holder and there's no real way to bill it at as a true sequel.
>>
>i guess

Stop, just fucking STOP
>>
>>134472348
No, you do not 'guess' at all. You came on here with full intention of making a UQ holder thread, there was absolutely no guesswork or uncertainty involved.
>>
>>134472574
Yeah, Kodansha tried to pull some shitter moves that would have resulted in Akamatsu losing the cooyright for his own works or at least share them with Kodansha, so to spite the he took a massive dump on Negima before cancelling it altogether.
>>
>>134472728
well i dont give a fuck for UQ.

just want to know anything related to negima.

for me its more like negima thread inseide UQ holder.
>>
>>134472740
I feel his pain... but he's already rich and hot as fuck as wife. He should have finished the story right.
>>
Not yet.

UQ Holder is pretty meh so far, there hasn't really been a big arc yet and the last 6 weeks now have been harem stuff when we were teased with actual plot progression.
>>
>It wasn't the author's fault

Fuck off he could have ended it when Asuna woke up and found out everyone pretty much died and then move on with her life in the future.

That would have been better than the clusterfuck he made .
>>
>>134472791
It is related to Negima a lot.
It stars Negi's grandson, also Eva is one of the main cast.
Also class rep, Chachamaru, Mana appeared too
>>
>>134473024
No fucking way. The anime ending was HORRIBLE and that's why I picked up the manga. The second i thought the manga was going that way, i fucking panicked.
>>
>>134472847
It was a matter of principles, the changes to Kodansha's policies and the jap copyright law would have fucked over pretty much all manga artists, and by using Negima as a leverage he managed to make Kodansha back off.

Truly the hero we deserve
>>
>>134473158
Only good thing about the anime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGnX5_vZlOo
>>
>>134473213
What exactly did he do and what effect did it have?
>>
>>134473158
What, there's an anime? And if so, if they went with that ending then it's clearly superior to the manga then.
>>
No, UQ Holder does not explain Negima's ending. Don't even bother reading it. You won't like it.
>>
>>134473370
Manga only had 2 bloody arcs you dolt, what are you expecting
>>
>>134473342
There's 2 anime, a live action, and few OADs or whatever (these take a few chapters from the books and animate them. Done by KyoAni). Eh, none of them are very good.

First anime basically: follows the manga for a while but kinda goofs up the Kyoto Arc and makes it not at all intense. Then it quickly takes bits and pieces of the Festival (but I mean scraps really) and tries to end it with Asuna dying.
>>
Am I right in assuming that people who finished reading Negima just can't like Touta and the big part of it is how Ken handled Eva's retcon?
>>
File: chamo.jpg (16 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
chamo.jpg
16 KB, 640x480
Negima thread? Negima thread

First for the best magical pet
>>
>>134473426
>and tries to end it with Asuna dying.

So in what way is that similar to the ending i proposed then if Asuna herself almost died?
>>
>>134473555
>There are girls for whom we'll never see their pactios
WHY
>>
>>134473301
Kodansha was trying to adopt the murrican comic industry where the series and characters are property of the publisher and artists/writers were treated as employees of the company, thye were also lobbying hard on the Parliament to change the copyright law so tha publisher could charge royalties or even sue doujin artists even without the permission of the original author.

Akamatsu prety much went "oh yeah bitch?" and canceled Negima, the double whammy of losing their biggest cashcow at the time and the massive shitstorm that it generated was enough to make Kodansha change their minds.
>>
>>134473024
The actual ending is complete garbage. Pretty much no one will disagree with that.
However, the fact that Akamatsu had to end it where he did is completely understandable and justified. That's generally what people mean when they say it wasn't his fault.
>>
File: 20150925154436890.jpg (221 KB, 800x1201) Image search: [Google]
20150925154436890.jpg
221 KB, 800x1201
>>134472791
duh
>>
Any chance for Asuna to appear?
>>
It feels weird to visit these threads with only reading UQ Holder and with never have touched Negima
>>
Here's what I don't understand. Mages are discriminated against in Chao's time, which is fine and I can understand why she'd go full mad scientist but then why the fuck is she busting out Ouriana Phlogosis which is a King-tier spell against Negi?
Negi didn't know any spells of that level at that point. That's a bit like dropping a nuke to kill a rat.

Also it's a shame we'll never get to see grown-up Chao since she may have actually become a credible mage in her time.
>>
>>134472348
>UQ holder explain negima end ?

This is Touta's story, not Negi's, so we're only getting the one in bits in pieces in the context of the other. Remember, we didn't get the tale of Nagi and Arika in full until like chapter 260 of Negima. This one is still fun in the meantime, just like Negima was still fun before and after Rakan's History Lesson.

Also keep in mind that Akamatsu wrote an escape hatch into his placeholder Negima ending - the alternate timeline thing - which means UQH isn't necessarily in either of the two shown in Negima. It's in whatever variant he's chosen to write now.
>>
>>134472348
Touta didn't even get a proper fight to show the extent of his abilities yet. There'll be more stuff at the tournament arc most likely, which will start in a few weeks.
>>
>>134474604
Just ignore the vocal nostalgiafags.
>>
>>134474668
>Mages are discriminated against in Chao's time
Where did it say that?
>>
>>134474857
>which will start in a few weeks.
People said the same a few weeks ago
>>
>>134473745
So are you saying it was impossible for him to end it before the time he actually ended it?
>>
>>134473068
Let me make something clear here:

using same characters only for catch people attention dont mean that its related to the original.
I just want to know relevant information about negima.
not the new daily life of those characters that just happen to be the same for negiam but could be any new one and wouldn't make difference.
>>
>>134475408

sounds like you have a dick up your ass
>>
We will never find out who the Gravekeeper is.
Or the mystery behind Al and Zect.
>>
>>134472348
UQ is bad and should feel bad, none of the nostalgia Negima has and all the bad parts.
>>
>>134473697
What a guy. Akamatsu is our dark knight.
>>
>>134472847
>>134473213

His pride as an author got him that far and his creation would no longer be his. Power to him

Ken has been a pretty key figure in the manga scene.
Creation of j-comi is proof of that as well giving people to access to out of print books and doujinshi.

All of love hina is on there for free.
>>
Occasional reminder that everything before the magic world arc in negima was mostly trash besides certain parts of the festival arc.
>>
>>134475231
No, I'm saying that he had a valid reason for ending the series when he did.
>>
>>134475494
Don't hurt me like this. Where is fuckign Arika goddamn it

Also... fuck Ken: "Hey negi, thanks for saving me" sidebubble from Nagi. NOTHING ELSE. AAAAAAA
>>
>>134475747
Not true. Kyoto was a turning point and Festival was godtier. Most people hated Magic World (not me) when it first came out because it felt so long (but most love it now). And a true fan loves ALL of it. Honestly, those little chapters of just characterization and bullshit are pretty funny.
it's just hard to convince people to give it a shot. Luckily, i'm 9/9 of convincing people and they all love it now
>>
File: 1449445377926.jpg (122 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
1449445377926.jpg
122 KB, 610x610
>>134476091
>I should just like all the arcs even if they are shit just because I'm a true fan
>>
>>134476258
They aren't shit. They are good
>>
>>134472348
Stop typing like a 12-year-old from MAL.
>>
>>134475747
School Festival > Magic World in terms of pacing.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the Magic World because we finally learned about the stupid war itself, but character development was shafted because of it.
>>
>>134477235
I swear, I'm goign to reread Negima for a 20th time. it's too damn good. So funny too.

if only the girls were older so my normie friends didn't call me a pedo
>>
>>134477406
>15 years old
>pedo
>>
>>134477598
They don't know what hebephile is.

Aren't they younger than 15 though?
>>
>>134475145
It's why Chao is trying to force magic out into the open. Once it became common place, people would no longer be prejudiced against mages.
>>
It's kind of a shame UQ is tied to Negima. Taking place in the same world is fine, but UQ's premise is actually pretty interesting and the Negima ties just seem to hold it back.
>>
>>134477642
They start as 13-14, but they are all 15 by the time of the Magic World arc
>>
>>134477785
There's no prejudice against mages if no one knows they exist.
It's also not the point, she tried to avoid a war. Making magic known was just a tool for that goal.
>>
>>134474857
>which will start in a few weeks
Said anons 3 months ago
>>
>>134477876
Damn, I'd fuck them if I was 2D.
>>
>>134475408
You should probably fuck off and not read it.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.