[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scandinavian bros, how accurate is this manga?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image_gallery (2).jpg (87 KB, 250x382) Image search: [Google]
image_gallery (2).jpg
87 KB, 250x382
Scandinavian bros, how accurate is this manga?
>>
>>134396536
I don't fucking know, it's not like I was alive back then to tell.
>>
How the hell should I know, do I look like a fucking historian to you?
>>
>>134396569
>>134396574
They won't answer you op.

They recognize their heritage as problematic and racist and they are not allowed to comment on anything even remotely nationalistic about their ancestors or their present lives.

sverige
ja
>>
>>134396623
A lot of people in my area are old racist farmers and hunters who don't give a fuck so you're wrong.
>>
I think it was accurate until Thorfinn left the farm. Then its kinda like the transition between Golden Age and Black Swordsman in Berserk
>>
Ask Hox. An email would probably be easier than chancing /a/.
>>
It uses historical names and events, but it's not like it's trying to be a history manga.
>>
>>>/his/
>>
>>134396623
Not all of us are swedebögs, faggot
>>
I'm just happy they mentioned my town Hjørungavåg. Or hjorungavagr or whatever they called it.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 980x735
Sure thing Bjørn
>>
>>134396536
Is this better or worse than Northlanders?
>>
>>134396536
considering what of it? the weapons? the warfare? the clothing? be more specific
>>
>>134397501
Oslo sure is disgusting.
>>
File: horse_punch_no_jitsu.jpg (104 KB, 470x633) Image search: [Google]
horse_punch_no_jitsu.jpg
104 KB, 470x633
>>134396536
A guy who dual wields bearded axes and has arms as thick as treetrunks uppercuts a horse.

Seems fairly realistic.
>>
>>134396574
>look like a fucking historian
>Live in a country that have a high quality of education
>pretend to not know about your ancestors
You live in a too high quality welfare country to tell lies anon
>>
>>134397011
Nope, this is a japanese comic book, not a graduation history book, so I'm in the correct place
>>
File: 4573567.png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
4573567.png
3 MB, 1920x1200
>>134397750
also warriors munchin´ psychedelic shrooms to get in rage mode. heard that works, but seriously, who could do anymore than spacing out when on shrooms?
>>
>>134396623
But yes or no ?
>>
>>134396536
no, no arabs and where are the mosques? What kind of revisionist bullshit is this?
>>
>>134397575
In historical political context
And all natural blond white girl is same the cute as they are in the manga :3 ?
>>
Dudes, I just only to know if the plot of this chinese comic book are just bullshit or not. Is too hard to answer?
>>
>>134398267
Read yourself and compare with real info faggot. Now fuck off.
>>
How would Jamal know?
>>
>>134396536
It isn't that accurate. It uses actual events and people, but reinterprets most stuff to tell a good story.

>>134397906
I fought a cop once while on shrooms, wasn't really like my fighting abilities were enhanced though. In fact I would say that having no clue what was going on really hindered my abilities to fight back and I was taken down with minimal effort. I imagine if you were some farmer who had never fought before getting fucked up before the battle and then having another guy hype you up would make it easier to get you to actually fight though.

>>134398267
It's bullshit, but not really offensively inaccurate though
>>
Hox I'll suck your dick if you translate some stuff for me
>>
>>134398353
Thanks anon. I was almost thinking that my theory that all of the northern people are a just souless intelligent humans who can't answer a simple question.
>>
Be honest, you don't like this new pacifistic Thorfinn.
>>
Meanwhile in Russia

https://vimeo.com/146217353
>>
>>134398965
It seems kind of cheap that he went from being willing to kill anyone who got in his way to suddenly (I know there was a time skip, but we didn't really see his character develop at all) not having any urge to do so. There would be some tension if there were moments where he might take the easy route and kill someone, but instead we always know that he won't kill the other "deep+conflicted" character they place him at odds with and will win through force of will.

Maybe later on when they start going through Rus they might meet some people who they have no option but to fight like Pechengs, or some other Steppe group.
>>
>>134398965
i never liked thorfinn to begin with. it was everyone else in the cast that kept me Interested in vinland saga. askeladd, his buddy bjorn, moenut, and Thorkell. they're all gone now and while the whole character development shit is something that had to happen I wish the cast that replaced them all was a bit more interesting.

shaggy, Yui Hirasawa, 5 foot tall puck from berserk and baby don't come anywhere near to what they've replaced. In fact shaggy in particular annoys me to the point where I hope he eats a fucking arrow to the throat whenever a new chapter pops up.
>>
>>134399600
This, honestly
I'm really just reading to see something like what >>134399422 mentioned happen
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.