[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Subete ga F ni Naru
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Maybe they should stop using a garbage antivirus.
>>
>>134128801
Or they should have fucking used UNIX in the first place instead of their own autismMAGIC OS.

>inb4 autismMAGIC OS is a fork of UNIX
>>
>>134128801
Things weren't the same back in 1996.
>>
>not using Norton
>>
File: Richard-Stallman.jpg (145 KB, 1154x768) Image search: [Google]
Richard-Stallman.jpg
145 KB, 1154x768
>>134128801
>using anti-virus programs
>>
>>134128885
autismMAGIC OS is just freeBSD in a dress, tho

I got your back anon
>>
they should use macbooks or something. apples dont get viruses
>>
To begin with, anti-virus software doesn't even work by observing the behaviour of a program and raising alarms when it's not behaving properly. How would you even define its "proper" behaviour?
>>
>>134129231
If it prompts you to install gentoo it's pretty much working well.
>>
>>134129231
protecting the user from most common viruses
>inb4 animu stuxnet
>>
File: virusfree.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
virusfree.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>
>>134129583
What?
>>
>>134129011

This. Viruses only work in the first place if you're stupid enough to use a graphic user interface based proprietary operating system that treats you like you're retarded and constantly runs programs on its own that you had no involvement in approving or initiating.
>>
>>134129231
Yes it does, and has done since about 1997.

Signature checking is something they do as well as, not instead of.

This is why AVG blocks half my visual studio directory.
>>
>>134129583
You're saying it didn't stop those being installed?
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 316x342) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 316x342
>>134129011
Like that's any better.

You should use a real operating system, like iOS.
>>
>animu
>compeeootars

it's like i'm back in the 90's,
but with broadband
>>
>>134129025
Do you mean OpenBSD?
>>
>>134129834
At best they detect behaviour you don't expect any userspace process to do, like modifying system files, but there's no way of telling whether that behaviour is "proper" (not to mention that it would detect trojans as well). Of course, any OS with a security model that isn't completely retarded can already prevent an process from accessing resources it hasn't been given permission for.
>>
If their OS is really so great, what's the point of installing a worse, less secure OS that is less compatible with the facility machinery just to identify a possible bug? Have none of these brilliant scientists and programmes heard of snapshots and virtualization?
>>
>>134133854
The level of virtualization you're talking about didn't really become feasible until 10-15 years ago. The book was written in the mid-nineties.
>>
>>134129011
Magata hakase, GNU desu.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.