[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did people hate Guilty Crown? I thought it was good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: GuiltyCrown.jpg (108 KB, 536x550) Image search: [Google]
GuiltyCrown.jpg
108 KB, 536x550
Why did people hate Guilty Crown? I thought it was good.
>>
>>134122267
It was supposed to be dumb cool fun.
It was dumb cool fun.
People watched it and complained it was dumb cool fun.

People hate it because they are retarded. Like when they watch harem show and complain it's harem. Pointless. If the show's premise and target doesn't aim at your interests don't bother,
>>
Hated the ending, doesnt mean I didnt like the show overall. I honestly loved it. The art and music were godlike and plot was really good till around 18 ish when it went downhill.
>>
>>134122572
It was pure dogshit
>>
>>134122267
I honestly have no idea. It wasn't great granted, but it was still a good deal better than a lot of other anime, but for some reason GC got memed as "The Worst anime EVER". Was it hyped up to be the next Gundam or Code geass before it aired or something?
>>
Better than Valvrave and Cross Ange at least.
>>
File: 3475346534653.jpg (45 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
3475346534653.jpg
45 KB, 640x360
>>134122267
But it was good !
>>
I really, really liked GC and I do know it was a train wreck. I guess it got the shit treatment because people used to compare it to CG at the beginning. The threads were fun desu
>>
>>134122930
There wasn't that much hype before it aired, but for some reason the shitposting was insane right after the first episode.
>>
I watched GC as a total newfag. I thought it was nice with insane production values but the story became incredibly weird and extremely predictable after the timeskip. I hated how the show tried to redeem so hard the piece of shit "rival son" who survived in the end at the cost of several lives, and the very ending was disgusting. Shoe should have been buried with his waifu.
>>
The only thing I really hated about it was the ending.

Shu didn't deserve this.
>>
>>134122267
That going blind shit was fucking dumb. I did enjoy the rest of the show, though. Shu going full Fuhrer is glorious to watch.
>>
>>134123514
This,the ending and the second half in general was too dark for a fun shonen
>>
>>134124476
Gai edgy missile was fucking great(fuck the students).
>>
>>134122267
Shitty version of CG at best
>>
>>134124577
Yeah that was pretty fun.
Now that I think about it when was the last time we got a school massacre, Valverave?
>>
I hear about it being shit on /a/ all the time but my friend told me it was good last night.
Same for Clannad afterstory.
>>
>>134122267
I like the OST.
Everything else was fucking awful.
Also, my soul is a fridge.
>>
>>134124841
Yeah, and when the little shits are assholes, it's allways great when it happens.

I also loved how the grandpa tried to take care of his prostitute of a grandchild near the end. I usually don't buy the nippon damachi stuf, but when it's executed like that, I can actually find it great.
>>
>>134122267
It's perspective, plenty of people have a wealth of animu experience, this show pulls and hashes all those elements together.

At the time, the newfags loved it and ate all the shit up, others just didn't want to leave Shoe's holocaustic ride when that episode hit, others were sold on Episode 1, then burned in like episode 3 or something when the kekkau deus ex laser weapon happened.
If you are new to anime, you could be forgiven for entry level, but it sucks ass and does a disservice to the stuff it ripped off.
It's a shame cause costume design, and a few of the character designs are great.
>>
>Soda got cured by Shoe and still didn't forgive him
>whore survived
>Shoe ended blind and alone, probably never fucked the cripple
FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>>134124961
this.
If you liked Guilty Crown there's a high chance you've watched it before you became an /a/non. Aside from Sawano's contribution to GC, everything was shit.
>>
>>134124961
My soul is a sticky keyboard.
>>
>>134125167
too late!! you watched till the end like i did
and like me you found out how much you hated the end!
>>
>>134122572
>the show is meant to bad
>>
>blind
>crippled
>waifu is dead
>can't even watch all those MADs/AMVs he liked making of her music
For what purpose.

Goddammit, we wanted a HF end, not a Fate end. But at least we got Last Episode end.
>>
The traitorous whore lived. If she didn't go on to make JAV with her miserable life the ending had no justice
>>
>>134124961
>>134125335
I watched it as anon. It looked great, sounded great, had cool setpieces, a great setting, and cool concept.
The plot was mediocre, but
>plotfags

Ayase was best gril
>>
>>134122267
>Why did people hate Guilty Crown?
Because the writing is bad.
>I thought it was good
You thought wrong.
>>
>>134123514
>Shu didn't deserve this
Shu deserved it all.
>>
>>134122572
>It was supposed to be dumb cool fun.
Hah! It's by Production IG bitch, they took their work too serious and the show was supposed to rival Code Geass
And the plot and direction was so bad it became a parody
Music was great though, and animation but by no means was it a good show
It was fun to watch it with friends and /a/nons so you can talk about how stupid it was in the end
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.