[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
immersive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
>2016
>not watching anime with VR goggles
>>
I just got a nexus 6 from amazon the other day for $200, amazing deal. 1440p makes a huge difference. I can literally see the lines that make up their faces, oh and the subs are actually readable now.
>>
>>134113435
>>134113882
What app do you use? I want to pick up the ViewMaster headset
>>
which headset do you use? about to upgrade
>>
>>134113998
Using "side by side video player", for long form media, I wouldn't get the viewmaster as doesn't have straps/ padding
>>
>>134114099
So what headset do you recommend? I have a shitty russian cardboard knockoff and want to upgrade.
>>
>>134113998
Side by side video player
And I use some cheap headset I got on eBay for like <$15. It's not compatible with the nexus 6, meaning it doesn't fit, but it works for anime because I lie in bed so it doesn't need to fit. I might buy Viewbox VR though because it looks comfy. The plastic ones hurt my nose.
>>
>>134113435
I think you've got the wrong year there buddy, 2016 is 2 months down.
>>
>>134114128
i have a "destek" one I got for 40, its uncomfortable though/ low quality. thinking about getting either the Merge, which is on sale til monday or the Freefly
>>
File: IMG_292451.jpg (640 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_292451.jpg
640 KB, 2000x1500
>>134113435
I try to use my non-vr goggles rarely. I dislike setting it up to wear it. Because this anime goggle is 720p. I only watch stuff that are 720p or less. I might be interested in the Rift or Vive that are coming out. If only Sony did not kill the HMZ line for that disgusting Project Morpheus. I'll upgrade to a OLED tv when I'm financially able to.
>>
>>134114262
Yikes, I was hoping for something at max $30. I would only spend more on a dedicated set like Morpheus. Are the $100 options like the Merge that much better than the standard stuff?
>>
File: 1431451518327.jpg (66 KB, 500x654) Image search: [Google]
1431451518327.jpg
66 KB, 500x654
>>134114179
FUCK YOU
>>
>>134114317
What's so bad about Morpheus/PSVR?
>>
>>134114370
the ones i mentioned are both available on their websites for 80, I don't have experience with them, but from researching the specs on a lot, it seems anything quality is >50
>>
>>134114500
Thanks, I think the top specs to look for are lens clarity and comfort, so I might pick up a quality set if I can't find anything cheaper that has the same internals.
>>
So, I've been meaning to get into this a bit, will it work well with google cardboard and an S3?
Also, another important thing to note, but my phone has a hairline crack, barely even noticeable when using it but will it just ruin everything?
>>
>>134114498
Because they're just joining the Rift and Vive in a VR race. Project Morpheus will probably fail.
>>
>>134114550
I would also look for smooth lenses on each side, the ones I have use that ridged lined plastic, which is virtually impossible to clean
>>
>>134114659
I can't imagine that happening. All 3 headsets will sell, Morpheus will probably sell the most out of the 3 since a lot more people have a PS4 than an Oculus ready computer.
>>
>>134114605
>but my phone has a hairline crack, barely even noticeable when using it but will it just ruin everything?
If it's not on the edge of the screen then YES, a decent sized dust particle will annoy the shit out of me.
S3 is 720, and s4 is 1080 which I'm using and is about at my standard of adequate.
>>
>>134114659
But they're the ones with Summer Lesson.
And it's pretty much a console device, no way it can lose.

I feel like vive will be the loser in this all, because frankly, I know of very little marketing or publicity for it at all.
>>
>>134114605
though u might wanna through down the 10 for cardboard just to experiment
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.