[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you also think there is a lack of really good romance anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
Do you also think there is a lack of really good romance anime? A well made love story without forced drama/NTR elements?

The only title that comes close to it was Tamako love story but besides that there is nothing out there.
>>
>>134108688
Yes.
>>
>>134108688
No.
>>
What I loved about TLS was how they showed their relationship being developed. They didn't show a kiss scene or their lives as a couple but how they became a couple in a cute but reasonable way.
It was a more realistic movie and more anime needs to be made like it.
>>
>>134108901
I dont know
>>
It's easier and more effective to just focus on the characters themselves rather than the dynamic of their relationship. It's basically a doomed genre.
>>
>>134108688
Taichi ain't gonna win shit.
>>
File: 1441988670909.png (164 KB, 398x307) Image search: [Google]
1441988670909.png
164 KB, 398x307
NTR is used as a shitty ploy to make things move faster.
>>
>he doesn't know the greatest love story ever told
>>
I love toradora so much. SO much.
>>
>>134108688
>Tamako good romance
>>
>>134108688
Did you not see Akagami last season? Heartwarming as fuck.
>>
>>134108688
Go DL Kimi no todoke.
>>
>>134112247
>2 seasons and they are still not together

The maincharacters are way too retarded
>>
The problem is that it's so easy to just turn to melodrama to add conflict to try to draw readers or viewers in. So you get the love triangles or NTR bait or whatever. Or the will they, won't they that bypasses any actual character development and just keeps moving on a resetting cycle.

Horimya had a few OVAs, but by virtue of being so short, it was more slice of school life and didn't really get into much of the romance. There are some decent manga, at least. Generally they're shorter works spanning usually only a volume, maybe two or three at the most. Being a finite story, they don't necessarily need to turn to the aforementioned melodrama to perpetuate the story and draw things out potentially indefinitely.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.