[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Darker Than Black S2 is bad meme It's not in the s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Yin_ Kirsi.jpg (92 KB, 900x667) Image search: [Google]
Yin_ Kirsi.jpg
92 KB, 900x667
>Darker Than Black S2 is bad meme

It's not in the same tier as S1, I will concede this. But it IS good. The problem is you all went in with false expectations. You wanted, basically, an extension of S1-- a continuation of "Chinese Electric Batman and his Cute Doll Waifu", but instead you got blindsided by a completely new story, "Chinese Alcoholic Bum and his Red Russian Loli". As someone who recently watched it knowing beforehand that it's nothing like the first season, I found it extremely enjoyable. I think that if you can learn to look at it as its own thing, with S1 only being considered to establish context, like a spinoff, you will agree.

Also the OVAs are God-tier. If their roles had been switched, with everything that happened between Hei and Yin being titled as the second season, and Suou's story being the OVA, DTB would be regarded as a complete masterpiece.

PS. The OP is the catchiest fucking thing to come out of anime.
http://youtu.be/LePow0pZ3dQ
>>
>>134049324
>Chinese Alcoholic Bum and his Red Russian Loli
This was by far the best thing in S2, it bothers me that there won't be anything like that so soon.
>>
So pretty much "blah blah I liked it and even though it is shit to everyone else, give it a second chance" faggotry?

No I am good. Watching it and giving it a 7/10 at best is where I currently stand on season 2. A mediocre continuation of an otherwise fantastic first season.
>>
>>134049324
The ending was the dumbest, most convoluted thing I have ever seen, and it will never be explained because s3 never
>>
>>134049567
I'm saying you should try to think of it as its own story, separate from season 1.
>>
>>134049324
I agree, DTB2 is good even if it's not DTB1-good. Most complaints about it are nonsense. The only problem with it is the what the fuck ending on Hei/Yin's side of the story that necessitates a third season to continue it.
>>
>>134049734

I can't do that. Seeing the beloved MC become a shitty alcoholic is not my cup of tea. It felt lame as all hell.
>>
>>134049908
It was natural given what happened with Yin.
>>
I will never forgive them for the ending. The rest of the season was a retarded step down from season 1, but it was still sort of excusable up until the end.
>>
>>134049324
>Darker Than Black S2 is bad meme
How can something be bad if it doesn't exist?
>>
File: 1387418849368.jpg (43 KB, 299x722) Image search: [Google]
1387418849368.jpg
43 KB, 299x722
>Here's our new main character, a girl who isn't a real person and is also a magical girl who makes a gun come out of her necklace unlike every other power in the show up until now
>That British slut is dead now, fuck you
>Mao got better haha!
>WHOA, Suou wasn't real or whatever but now she's dead but she is alive on Earth-2
>Killing Yin
>The NEW Syndicate!
>Random shit never to be followed up on
Fuck season 2. Fuck it so much.
>>
Finally someone besides me says it. It wasn't nearly as good as season 1, but it wasn't utter shit like everyone says, and I think that the OVAs are in the same league as St

I will admit that the ending was bullshit though, that was the only real problem I had with it
>>
>>134050383

No you are just delusional. It is on the same level as SAO season 1 second half. That is how much of a clusterfuck it was. God awful and a far cry of what was a solid season 1. Why they went in this direction is beyond me.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.