[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Code Geass R2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
File: lelouch.jpg (191 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lelouch.jpg
191 KB, 1280x720
I really need to know,
is he dead or alive at the end?
I know im late watching this.
>>
bumb
>>
>>134042772
He's alive at the end tbqh.
>>
>>134042772
He's dead.

His head is in the bag.
>>
Hes dead senpai.
>>
>>134042772
Hes alive inside of all of our hearts
>>
File: 1447166181232.png (3 MB, 1542x1653) Image search: [Google]
1447166181232.png
3 MB, 1542x1653
>>
it's open to interpretation
>>
Post Lelouch died, /a/ cried.
>>
>>134042772
He's alive in your heart. But also driving the cart.
>>
>>134042772
Of course he's fucking dead. Don't listen to preteen headcanon.
>>
File: 12554574347834.jpg (33 KB, 413x403) Image search: [Google]
12554574347834.jpg
33 KB, 413x403
>>134044561
You mean that I was wrong all this years?
>>
Very much alive.
>>
>>134047330
No, you deluded tripfag. No matter how much you want your lelouch back and no matter how much headcanon you read from teenage DA users, he'll still be dead.
>>
>>134048135
>it's my opinion so it's the truth and everybody thinking otherwise is dumb and delusional
>>
>>134049241
There is no opinion. Lelouch is dead. If someone is deluded enough to think their headcanon even qualifies as an "opinion", then they are beyond help in the first place.
>>
>>134042772
open final, but most likely alive. Oh, come on, who am I fooling, he's certainly alive, 100%.

And he'll bang CC everyday for eternity.
>>
>>134049402
>>134049241
>>134047105
samefag
>>
File: ok.png (6 KB, 1106x126) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
6 KB, 1106x126
>>134049463
>>
File: 1448658756855.png (7 KB, 1106x126) Image search: [Google]
1448658756855.png
7 KB, 1106x126
>>134049518
Oh wow, I can do that too.
>>
File: f19.jpg (22 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
f19.jpg
22 KB, 277x296
>>134049721
>>>/trash/
>>
Dead. Fucking dead. Definitively dead. No he is not driving the cart. I can't believe we're still having this argument 7 years later.
>>
File: llll.png (322 KB, 396x348) Image search: [Google]
llll.png
322 KB, 396x348
Why does anyone care whether he's dead or alive? It won't matter unless they make a sequel, which would be shit anyway.
>>
File: N9MkX.jpg (217 KB, 975x1378) Image search: [Google]
N9MkX.jpg
217 KB, 975x1378
>>134042772
>not this shit again
he is dead it was alraedy confirmed
>>
>>134049841
Then who is driving the cart?
>>
>>134050008
Me.
>>
>>134050062
And who are you?
>>
>>134050087
LL
>>
>>134050087
An autistic weeaboo nigger.
>>
It was confirmed a long time ago he is dead.
>>
>>134042772
Alive
He drives the fucking curt and she is talking to him
>>
Lelouch is dead. R.R., as in "R2", however, is not.
>>
>>134050127
>weaboo
go back to /v/ shitty crossboarder
>>
File: 1.jpg (119 KB, 650x889) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
119 KB, 650x889
>-----Still, isn't it possible that defeating the wise ruler Schneizel, the person who was supposed to have brought order to the world, might lead to some [viewers] interpreting it as a Bad End?

>Okouchi: That's true. There are probably a lot of people who think of it as a Bad End, a tragedy, considering the protagonist's, Lelouch's end as well. However, Lelouch says in the first episode: "Only those prepared to be shot are allowed to pull the trigger themselves." If you were to think of that as his pride, then I think his getting shot (killed) in the end was a logical end.

Straight from the writer's mouth.

Nigga is DEAD AS FUCK. I've seen every kind of mental gymnastics trying to get around this, but when the creators themselves say that a character is dead, that character is dead.
>>
>>134050336
>He actually believes in authorial intent.
The 19th century called, they want their literary theory back, dweeb.
>>
File: 1.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>134050315
nty fampai i like it very much here tbq honest with you mi familia
>>
>>134050336
Man if only fatalpulse did femdom works
>>
1. First of all it is necessary to explain how the "code" is obtained by using Charles Vi Britannia, Lelouch's dad, and C.C. as an example. Charles' geass had already evolved into the advanced version, i.e. where it shows up on both his eyes, by the time the viewer get to know him. In addition, C.C. did also evolve her eyes before she received the code. In both cases Charles and C.C. killed their predecessors by using the power of their advanced versions of geass. C.C.'s predecessor also states this condition herself.
There is also another condition set before the code activates - one has to die. In the scene where C.C.'s predecessor tricks C.C., C.C. is wounded around her chest area with blood fussing out. Furthermore, Charles' code activates at the moment Lelouch orders him to die.
As in these two cases, Lelouch receives the code in a similar way, thus obtaining true immortality. When Charles grabbed onto his throat he was technically killed by Lelouch - he dissipated in this case - thereby passing on the code from parent to child. It also gives a lot sense that Lelouch receives the geass from Charles who is his father, and thus is the successor of both his ability, the code, and the throne.
However, it's important to point out that he didn't activate the code until the last episode where the last condition, involving the bearer's dead, was fulfilled at the moment Suzaku killed him. This realization alone is a very strong argument in that Lelouch is actually alive and immortal at that. There is further evidence supporting this point.
One should remark that C.C. also have the mark of the code on her forehead, while Charles has it on his hand. So Lelouch most likely has it on another part of his body.
>>
2. Many critics points out that the creators of "Code Geass" declared that Lelouch Vi Britannia is no more. Now, it is true he actually did technically die, however, he is yet alive. Why is that? Well, the title of the second season is "R2". The reason is allegedly that the Japanese pronunciation of Lelouch would correspond to R in English of what I've read. In other words R2 is the same as R.R., similar to V.V. and C.C., and is derived from the name Lelouch, which goes with R as its initial.

3. Another evidence involves the name of the entire serialization "Code Geass". Why do you think it was called this? It is highly possible that the title is a combination of the abilities "code" and "geass". This hints that Lelouch in the end has both abilities. C.C. and Charles Vi Britannia didn't have both since they killed their predecessors and therefore losing their geasses. Lelouch didn't kill his predecessor C.C. but his father, thus obtaining the code while maintaining the geass afterwards.

4. If one pays close attention to the time after Charles dies, one can notice that Lelouch becomes more bold in his strategies, i.e. he shows up before his enemies more than before. That means he actually knows of his forthcoming immortality and he probably wouldn't have acted so bold if he didn't have this. He is a strategist that values his life when planning. An example of this is when he meets up with Nina face to face - she practically used to be a ticking bomb.
>>
5. Another example of him knowing his own immortality is at the moment Suzaku stabs him. He shows confidence and doesn't seem like he is about to die at the least, it's actually like he's laughing inside himself for him being able to deceive everyone. Thus he is sure of his own position of being immortal.
Moreover, there isn't any kinds of flashbacks showing his time with Nunnally or his friends when he is stabbed by Suzaku, which is commonly seen when a main protagonist dies. Instead we hear words filled with confidence about destroying and creating worlds.

6. Another important point to make is that Lelouch has been close to the embodiment of cheats, lies, control, and manipulation - all in order to make a better world. This is also why he is one of the greatest characters of all animes. So why wouldn't he lie about his own death? Of course he would. That is why everybody, even the creators of "Code Geass", are acknowledging his dead. They want everybody to be fooled by Lelouch, of course, and it seems to be working just fine. Try to set yourself in the place of the creators. Would you really admit Lelouch was alive?
Lelouch is a pro and would never die, especially when Nunnally lives. He even fooled Suzaku by telling that he is influenced by the geass called "people's dreams" in order to make Suzaku also accept that Geass, therefore accepting his own inability to die at will. At the same time he assures a guardian for his sister Nunnally. He's truly an evil genius.

7. This and the following point involves C.C. Lelouch promised to make C.C. happy as she didn't manage to die. To maintain this promise he has to live. Before Lelouch dies she is begging, probably about him actually having the code. Afterwards in the carriage scene she is wearing a smile.
>>
8. On the carriage C.C. states that the power of the king, i.e. geass, brings together people. This is told to Lelouch while she tilts he her own head upwards, indicating she is talking with the driver, allegedly Lelouch. Said statement bears the meaning that the world population have been brought together, however, it also includes individuals - of course also C.C. While she is smiling, she is together with Lelouch.

9. Now to further prove that the driver is Lelouch. The driver is wearing an identical collar to the collar Lelouch had before he was technically killed.

10. Another evidence that the driver is Lelouch is the paper crane atop the carrier, behind C.C. C.C. wouldn't bring such a thing and it most certainly is a symbol of Nunnally's and Lelouch's relationship. It is even a pink paper crane, a paper crane which was given by Nunnally to Lelouch in one of the early episodes.

11. The last evidence collected is that Mr. Orange is very loyal to Lelouch. He would never stand back and let Suzaku kill Lelouch that easily. Rather, he was merely standing and even smiled and pressed him onwards when Suzaku jumped on him. Thus he must have been knowledgeable to the faith of Lelouch.

Conclusion:
The creators of "Code Geass" left a whole bunch of evidence in order for people to actually reach the understanding that Lelouch is alive. This analysis is quite objective, i.e. it is built on elements in the anime. It is just like analyzing different literature, documentaries and other texts in society. It's all about putting oneself in the position of for instance the director, analyzing the personalities of the characters in the anime, and looking for evidence here and there. Thus you will reach this point.
>>
>>134050463
>>134050495
>>134050532
>>134050566
>>134044561
/thread.
>>
All hail Lelouch!
>>
>>134050779
>>134050566
>>134050532
>>134050495
>>134050463
>>/r/anime
>>/MAL/
>>/fanfiction/
>>
faggots who think lelouch is alive are probably controlled by his geass
>>
>>134050960
no lulu is alive i saw him in akito ep 3 were sazaku and lulu were still alive after he "died" so stfu u just want to ruin it for every1 else well we know the truth so stop anytime OK?
>>
>>134051082
eh no thats julius
>>
>>134051198
woww no julius and lulu are the same person julius is just lulu controlled by the emporer to 4get everything that happened but its rly him if u dont believe me look at code geass wiki its all on their
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.