[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often do you watch a series that has 100+ episodes? How do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: 14429872389761.jpg (28 KB, 413x422) Image search: [Google]
14429872389761.jpg
28 KB, 413x422
How often do you watch a series that has 100+ episodes?
How do you divide up longer series so that you don't get burned out?
>>
Should I watch Hunter X Hunter?
>>
For when I watched LotGH, limit yourself to at least 2 eps a day, but no more than 4.
I would also recommend watching another lighter anime alongside it. You'll finish whatever you're watching in no time.
>>
>>134022856
Not very often, but I really enjoyed Shugo Chara.
>>
>>134022856
The two series I've seen that had 100+ episodes are Hunter x Hunter (2011) and Hajime no Ippo (counting all seasons).

Both were interesting enough for me to watch 10-ish episodes a day until I finished them.
>>
>>134022856
Only one way

M A R A T H O N

waku up, watch, fall asleep
wake up watch fall asleep
wake up, work, eat, watch, fall asleep
wake up, eat work watch fall asleep
repeat
>>
>>134022905
you should at least give it a shot to see if you like it

>>134022856
a lot of shonen type shows (looking at you hxh) really lend themselves to binge watching, structurally
you'll probably find yourself spending an afternoon watching the show nonstop without noticing
otherwise just take it easy and watch it whenever, take breaks between arcs, who cares it's you who's watching
>>
>>134022856
I usually wait till I get a lot of free time and then just marathon it. I'm watching Logh at the moment but I'm taking a break during the halfway point because I was getting bored watching it.
>>
Being 10 helped.
>>
I have watched none except YYH and Naruto

And I watched about 120 series
>>
>>134023227
nigga when I was 10 I could watch the same episode 100 times without getting bored, you don't even know
>>
>>134022905
why not? it's great and easy to marathon.
>>
I rarely watch thing that arent 100+ episodes because I can't get emotionally attached to things that aren't 100+ and when i can't get emotionally attached to an anime then it just becomes a chore to watch it. I prefer watching series that go on for many years instead of a single seasons which sucks because most things that go on for 100+ are shonen shits.
>>
The longest series I've ever finished is Cardcaptor Sakura, I generally only watch shorter stuff. A lot of anime is a chore to watch, and if it's more than two cours I'll be unlikely to be able to finish it.

I do, however, have plans to watch Logh and HxH, eventually, or at least start, possibly.
>>
>>134022856
Depends on the series mostly. I was able to finish HxH and YYH in a week but it took me ~6 months to finish LoGH. If a series is long, I usually will try to read it if there's a source.
>>
How many episodes I can watch in a row depends on the series. Some animus tire me out after the second episode, but I managed to marathon Zetsuen no Tempest in one day. I couldn't stop watching.
>>
If it's really fucking good, then marathon.
If it's enjoyable or really long, watch it in batches for 50 episodes or so, watch something else in between.
>>
>>134023567
>because I can't get emotionally attached to things that aren't 100+
I find I only need about 20 episodes for that, sometimes less if it's really good.
>>
>>134023020
I wish I didn't have a job.
>>
I recently watched Gintama, all 300 episodes of it, and it took me like two months, perhaps three, I didn't notice. And I was never burned out by it.
Case in point: Only if the anime is actually entertaining enough to keep me interested, otherwise fuck no.
>>
>>134023020
This is how I've been going at it recently.
>>
>>134022918
I watched LoGH at about 12 episodes a minimum a day. Kind of wished I had gone a lot slower now but I was enjoying it so much at the time.
>>
I watched all 200 episodes of Yugioh on youtube when I was in grade 8 years before I got into anime. I still don't know how I managed to do it.
>>
>>134022856
If its really long I'll just watch multiple episodes at once.
>>
>>134025269
a god amongst mere mortals
>>
I don't do that anymore.
If the series has more than 28 episodes then it's a no.
>>
>>134022856
Marathon if shit is good. The only series I have watched so far above 100 eps is saint seiya and hxh
>>
I watched Gintama over the summer.

And even though it's a manga, I'm working on Detective Conan right now.
>>
Aside from shounenshit back when I didn't really understand anime years ago, the longest thing i have ever watched was Uchuu Kyoudai and it was a fucking chore, especially after about halfway when the show started to get pretty dull and the pace slowed down.
Now just seeing a show have 50 episodes fills me with angst.
>>
>>134023267
I was the opposite. I was so indecisive on what I wanted to watch.
>>
I avoid series with more than 26 episodes per season or with more than 3 seasons in total.
I do that because I very rarely drop an anime, even if it's shit my autism doesn't allow me to drop it.
>>
>>134025853
I don't mind picking up shows with 4+ seasons because I won't feel bad just stopping at 1 or 2 if I'm not feeling the show, compared to dropping the entire series if its 50+ episodes.
>>
File: 1448250452432.png (421 KB, 2072x1559) Image search: [Google]
1448250452432.png
421 KB, 2072x1559
>>134025918
The last show I dropped I think was the original Naruto, around episode 90 or something. To this day I still feel bad about it.
>>
>>134025853
I can't drop 1 cour shows because it's always just a couple more hours from the end, but I can drop 2 cour or longer because the end is much farther away.
>>
>>134025668
Space Bros was enjoyable weekly to me, I can't imagine anyone watching more than 1 episode a day let alone marathon it. Then again, there are people who legitimately marathon longer, slower anime like One Piece.
>>
>>134025668
>about halfway when the show started to get pretty dull and the pace slowed down
>the pace slowed down
Shit dude, I just passed 40 and it's already been crawling at a snail's pace for a long time, are you telling me it gets even slower? I mean I'll still probably finish it because I'm enjoying it, but man 99 episodes already feels like an unnecessary amount to me.
>>
>>134026536
>just past 40
You're near the best part and you're posting on /a/, come on
>>
Longer series are faster
>>
I've never watched an anime more than 30 episodes A.M.A.
>>
>>134026964
you're are missing out
>>
Someday I want to start marathoning Sazae-san
>>
>>134022856
I want to watch LOGH!
>110 episodes
Welp, back to my seasonal anime.
>>
>>134023020
>wake up watch eat work watch fall asleep
FTFY
>>
File: 1442724043956.jpg (25 KB, 411x419) Image search: [Google]
1442724043956.jpg
25 KB, 411x419
>"just give it till episode 200 bro. you cant skip anything between 1-199 but it gets good after"
>>
>>134023227
>>134023267
Oh man, fucking this. There is no way I could watch +400 episodes of Pokemon through now, but back then I barely felt burned out even during the Johto filer saga.
Besides that Ranma, Urusei Yatsura, Dragonball & Z, and probably a couple others that I'm forgetting, barely ever felt tired.

Now that I think about it, I haven't watched a long series, besides Cardcaptor Sakura, in years now. I got about 35 episodes into Space Brothers, but haven't touched it in a while. And I recently got around that mark with Aikatsu as well, but I'm still consistently watching it.

If a show is interesting enough, a lot of episodes won't feel tiring, and you'll end up wishing there were more.
>>
Does having watched all of Gundam and Aikatsu count? I've watched plenty of ~50 episode series, but now that I think about it, Gintama is probably the only one that's 100+, Space Brothers doesn't quite fit the bill.
>>
The only thing stopping me from downloading CCS is that 100gb is a lot to download. Why would I need all the dubs and and subs? Just give me jap audio and english subs instead of bloating it up
>>
>>134022856
i watched all of DB and DBZ consistently so basically nothing seems too long to tackle eventually for me, even something like LOGH seems moderate by comparison
>>
It took a year to watch LOGH because I had some time off inbetween from watching it.

I finished HxH in 5 or so months. I would watch two or three episodes a day.
>>
>>134027853
It is just jap audio and english subs. I don't even know why you think it has english dubs on it. I don't even think the whole show is dubbed in english.
>>
>>134027853
Can't you just download it piece by piece? I only do like 13 episode increments or arcs.
>>
The only shows i've watched above 27 or so is FMA and FMA:B, long running shows are just a chore. Why watch one long 100+ episode show when I could watch a bunch of well acclaimed 12-13 episode shows?
>>
The only long running series I enjoyed was Gintama, Wan piss, Ranma and Detective Conan
>>
>>134027496
I recently realized I watched almost a hundred episodes of Naruto filler after Part I proper ended when I was twelve or so. I'd rather kill myself than try that now.
>>
>>134027956
I can't take this attitude toward anime, but I have it for manga. I got into it through long-runners, so it just seems natural to expect to follow anything I pick up for five years or more.
>>
I have problems with watching anything that's not airing nowadays.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.