[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could anyone actually use this fuckhuge thing? I wonder if we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 13
File: 1376439523249.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1376439523249.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1600
Could anyone actually use this fuckhuge thing?
I wonder if we could figure out just how strong Guts must be
He's at least Arnie-in-his-prime tier
>>
>>134017761
A huge guy with brutal strenght could.

Still if you ask if someone can use it like Guts then nah, Guts has superhuman feats, he's not a normal human.
>>
Strength is one thing, but it doesn't suffice.
No matter how strong Guts is, he wouldn't be able to use this unless he also has inhuman weight or super-suction pads on his feet. I'm talking about a weight in the area of several metric tons.
>>
File: .png (620 KB, 548x800) Image search: [Google]
.png
620 KB, 548x800
>>134017761
Guys like 440 lbs, why you think he can't?
>>
>>134017761
someone could swing it, sure, but not use it efficiently to fight

one swing of it would send the wielder flying due to sheer momentum
>>
>>134017925
A man must be significantly heavier than the thing he swings around. Otherwise he won't swing it around so much as just do a really awkward dance with it.
>>
File: .png (2 MB, 2133x1560) Image search: [Google]
.png
2 MB, 2133x1560
>>134018056
Man, this is a fantasy manga, you forgot?
>>
File: 1448141060141[1].jpg (64 KB, 672x910) Image search: [Google]
1448141060141[1].jpg
64 KB, 672x910
dunno here's something from history
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pier_Gerlofs_Donia
>>
>>134018206
I'm not complaining. I'm answering OP's question.
>>
>>134018225
>6.6 kg
>comparable to the Dragonslayer.
Yes, that sword is much, much heavier than normal swords, but there is a world of difference between this thing and what Guts uses.
>>
>>134018282
Like I said here >>134017816

Guts is superhuman, the guy that used that sword probably can wield the dragonslayer but not really transform into Guts.

Guts it's superhuman.
>>
File: 1436794679627.jpg (118 KB, 1477x956) Image search: [Google]
1436794679627.jpg
118 KB, 1477x956
>>134019179
Like I said in >>134017832, strength alone does not suffice.
>>
File: Berserk_v16_p221.png (413 KB, 1210x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v16_p221.png
413 KB, 1210x1800
>>134018056
It should be mentioned Guts carries around a virtual armory, including his his cannon arm and cannon balls to load in it. Taking all that into account it's still probably not enough leverage to swing around a 400lb sword. (It would have been interesting if Guts' stock of cannon balls affected his leverage and he had to account for it. The fact that it's never mentioned seems to indicate either a magical reason behind his ability to wield the Dragonslayer or an oversight by Miura.)
>>
>>134020739

Not trying to split hairs here but its been said several times during the anime that the sword does exude a sort of demonic or otherworldly essence to it. Just taking the fact that its a gigantic slab of iron isnt all that should be taken into consideration. Couple this with how the fabric of reality and fantasy have been rubbing together wherever guts actually travels post branding. Hes superhuman and I would assume that the dragonslayer has only become more powerful through some unimagined way from all the lives of demons/people it has taken.
>>
>>134021106

anime, i meant manga
>>
>>134017761
>Could anyone actually use this fuckhuge thing?

Not even close
>>
>>134017761
>ITT: People don't know what big swords are used for
>>
>>134018056
Uh, maybe if you're on an ice rink. There's this thing called friction that you generate with you feet, and it helps you twist things around yourself without getting swung around by inertia. Also, even if you were on an ice rink, you could still do vertical slashes, which is probably all fuckhuge swords and poleaxes were good for anyway. Obviously something that heavy would be unwieldy to the point of uselessness for a real human, but your reasoning is dead wrong and stupid.
>>
>>134023419
Chopping horsies in half, no?
>>
>>134024546
you're about the size of an adult male right?
we'll say you're european, so take half of that away
80, 90kg? about that much right?
now picture yourself grabbing a fucking fridge and giving it a vigorous overhead swing
>>
>>134024715
The entire sport of olympic weightlifting would like you to know that you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>134017761

Nobody actually does the amount of constant and practice exercise he does, using a sword oversized for him from the beginning, so we can't know. Real-life doppelhanders were used like a combination between a sword and a spear, though, so the actual shape of the Dragonslayer has always struck me as weird.
>>
>>134024884
What the hell does Olympic weight lifiting have to do with it? Have you seen those lifters try to swing those weights like a baseball bat?

The answer is no by the way because it never happened in the Olympics.

It's not rocket science. If you can generate enough power to swing something heavier than you like a hurricane then you'll end up swinging yourself.

Feel free to argue that Guts have hooked shoes that nails him to the floor.
>>
>>134021200
Yeah, its a demon sucking sword and it was like one line. We don't see him in his early days of using the Dragonslayer, but we know he was using something similar during the flashback.
The mangaka said before that he regretted making the sword so big but honestly its just become too cliche at this point.
>>
>>134017761
Could you imagine the amount of gore that would come with someone even being able to use that thing half as effectively as Guts? It would be like getting run over by a speeding truck with every swing.
>>
>>134025114
He doesn't even TRT
He doesn't even lift
My canon is that he just believes he can lift it so he can, since in the Berserk world thoughts create gods and such.
>>
>>134023419
Cooking, obviously. Guts should start his own roadside barbecue.
>>
File: tripext_luxiaojun.jpg (37 KB, 565x480) Image search: [Google]
tripext_luxiaojun.jpg
37 KB, 565x480
>>134025114
You are crazy stupid. You won't end up "swinging yourself" any more than a baseball player does when they swing for the fences unless you fail to generate enough friction with your feet. This is why oly lifters are able to bring a barbell that is much heavier than themselves backwards instead of getting pulled forwards.
>>
>>134021106
Schierke makes a note that Guts' astral form is likely interacting with the real world as well, which would explain his superhuman feats. he was already super strong, but there are other notable people like Grunbeld and Gascone(?) who displayed tremendous feats of strength whilst still human and while they might not be able to use it like current Guts they definitely could use it to some degree. Guts doesn't get Dragonslayer until after the eclipse too, which is when his astral form starts to interact with the world.

As for real people, no fucking way, that sword would be like 200-250kg. Even the bigger swords of the days were well under 10kg and there were fuck hard to use. Try getting a wooden pole as long as guts sword, attaching a 10kg weight to one end, then try hold it out horizontally with one hand. No try it with a slab of iron heavier than what most people can dead lift.
>>
>>134019275
fucking creo flashback
>>
>>134025733
I suppose you could pivot your weight and have it fall on top of the enemy, but he wields it with one hand and a metal arm
>>
>>134017761
What? The Crypt Blacksword?
>>
>>134025967
Like I said, he was already immensely powerful. The band of the hawk sword he used was already bigger than pretty much any sword ever used by real people. But now he likely has his astral form interacting with the world, so he essentially has his own spirit lifting the sword too, given Guts spirit and will are considered indomitable that would give him an incredible amount of strength.

The way leverage and balance works is irrelevant at that point. The sword also exists on the astral plane, so it's magic in that way too.
>>
>>134024697
>big wall of pikeman marching at your army
>pull out your greatswords and start slapping the shit out of their polearms
>>
>>134025452
>You won't end up "swinging yourself" any more than a baseball player does when they swing for the fences unless you fail to generate enough friction with your feet

A baseball bat doesn't weigh 400 pounds.

>This is why oly lifters are able to bring a barbell that is much heavier than themselves backwards instead of getting pulled forwards.

They're exerting force downward through their feet to the ground, not laterally. This has almost nothing to do with friction and everything to do with momentum.
>>
>>134028325
>They're exerting force downward through their feet to the ground, not laterally. This has almost nothing to do with friction and everything to do with momentum.
I love how confident you sound in your bullshit. The barbell does not travel straight up but follows more of an S curve. Friction is a huge part of the game when you're swinging something 2.5 times your body weight above your head, emphasis on SWINGING.

>A baseball bat doesn't weigh 400 pounds.
What is your point, shit-for-brains? The heavier the implement, the greater the friction you can produce as you overcome the rotational inertia of whatever it is you're swinging. A pitcher actively uses his feet as a base, as will anyone else trying to swing something around their body with great force. Friction is proportional to the normal force, so the heavier the tool, the more friction you can apply to the ground with your feet. I don't know what sort of wacky misunderstanding of Newton's 3rd law is going on in your head, but you are clearly confused.
>>
>>134025452
Go on then, prove your point by showing us all a video segment of person swinging a weight heavier than him/her like a baseball bat.

Heck I'll be generous, give us a text report from a journalist source of someone, somewhere, swinging a weight heavier than him/herself like a baseball bat.

Or alternatively, you can even give an anecdotal account of how you have seen or heard of such an occurrence and explain how you believe that was possible. I'll personally accept that for my own entertainment.
>>
File: moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (28 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
28 KB, 300x240
>>134029033
>Go on then, prove your point by showing us all a video segment of person swinging a weight heavier than him/her like a baseball bat.
Do you have Down's? No one has the shoulder strength to do that. And the length of the implement is just as crucial as the weight. You're overcoming rotational inertia of the tool and your arms using friction from your feet on the ground to produce torque. The scenario of swinging yourself around the tool more than swinging it around you will happen more readily with something really long but relatively light since it'll have more rotational inertia, but you still won't be able to produce any more friction. With something shortish but heavy as hell, you can produce way more friction with your feet. You flunked physics, right? Idiot.
>>
The actual sword weighs around 90 lbs. Even I could raise and hold it. Swing it around without throwing out my back? Hell no, even strongmen will have serious issues using it due to how bulky it is. Even a simple downward swing will prove to be ridiculously difficult.
It is an extremely unbalanced sword and it cannot be used realistically.
>He's at least Arnie-in-his-prime tier
Arnold was never over the "average" in strength in those circles. He's admired for his muscle insertions and for popularizing bodybuilding, not his strength.
>>
>>134029322
All I'm seeing is a photo of four men moving a goal post, which I don't need your input to know it's possible.

It's okay I'm patient, you can take your time finding that video or text segment alleging the notion of a person swinging a mass of his weight or more.
>>
>>134029553
You moved the goalposts of the argument, hence the picture, you retard. You clearly don't have any grasp of even the concept of rotational inertia, and I don't know how to explain this is words a moron will understand. No unaided adult is strong enough to swing something their own weight like a bat. But if they were, that would be that and they'd swing the damn thing. The heavier the implement, the easier it is to produce the friction that creates the torque to swing it around. You wouldn't swing yourself around something your own body weight any more than a batter swings himself around the bat. This isn't a hockey game, you blithering idiot. Maybe this will work:

Man + Heavy sword = Double heavy
Double heavy = Double friction
Double friction = Stay put

You can probably find some footage of gorillas throwing each other if you really need proof of simple physics, but I'm not saying anything contentious, you're just incredibly stupid.
>>
>>134028908
>>134029908
The problem you retard is that the center of gravity moves away from his feet. No friction can help that. He will simply be lifted off his feet.

You can do an experiment. No fridge business. That's way over the top. Take a fucking 20 liter bucket. Fill it to the top and then swing it around you as fast as you can.
Also, try to stay in one place. Then try to imagine what would happen if that wasn't just 20 kg but the actual Dragonslayer with isn't just heavier but also longer.
>>
>>134029908
I refuse to believe someone can be this legit stupid.
You truly are great at trolling niggas anon
>>
>>134029908
It's okay I'm patient, you can take your time finding that video or text segment alleging the notion of a person swinging a mass of his weight or more.

I'm sure you can find one and put me to shame
>>
>all these idiots arguing over the canon explanations for guts wielding the sword
it's just a big fucking sword that miura thought was cool

also the astral/spiritual stuff makes no goddamn sense
it only got imbued with it after killing tons and tons of astral beings
>>
>>134030910
>also the astral/spiritual stuff makes no goddamn sense

Only because you didn't pay attention. It is explicitely stated that Guts and Casca exist on the interstice between the physical and Astral realms. This is why they could enter Flora's mansion uninvited. In the Astral realm, recognition equals reality. Recognizing something as real makes it real, this is how the trolls, Hydras, etc all came into existence. This is how the Idea of Evil came to be.
Guts and those around him believe he can do it, therefore he can do it.
>>
>>134030969
i meant it doesn't make sense in justifying guts wielding the sword, as the sword was not imbued with it when guts first got it. this is in response to posters who said dragonslayer is some sort of a special weapon
>>
>>134030734
I'll do you one better: watch an olympic hammer throw or shot put. If we're assuming the person is strong enough to hold something that heavy like a baseball bat, we should also assume they have the leg and core strength to keep themselves stable. By your logic, almost every piece of industrial machinery is physics-defying magic.

>>134030870
Yeah, you sure showed me with that strawman of yours. I'll get that video right after you drink bleach.

You two flunkies should watch this video and mull over all the things you slept through in physics class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN1G0gcHD8s

You legit fucking retards are trying so hard to run with absolutely fascinating asspull logic.
>>
Unless that shit is hollow that sword is well over 100 kgs

only olympic lifters can handle this much weight in and explosive motion.
>>
>>134031127
>I'll do you one better: watch an olympic hammer throw or shot put.

A hammer or Shot put is not even half as heavy as the person throwing it..
>>
>>134031127
>. If we're assuming the person is strong enough to hold something that heavy like a baseball bat
We're assuming he can lift it. Holding it away from the body is something that you assume to be possible because of magical friction.
>we should also assume they have the leg and core strength to keep themselves stable
He can be stable all he wants. He could be as stiff as if he were made of solid steel. So long as he isn't also as heavy as that steel it won't help him.
>almost every piece of industrial machinery is physics-defying magic.
No, because usually you don't carry that machinery with the center of balance away from your feet. Please explain this.
How is friction going to help you put the center of balance back under your feet?
>>
>>134031127
>that video
You do realize that doesn't help you?
The barbell is always close to him.
>>
>>134031204
You have two feet.
>>
>>134031127
>watch an olympic hammer throw
>7.257 kg
I want you to swing 20 kg. This is less than half of what I'm asking for. Now do it or shut up.
>>
File: 1437982121003.png (516 KB, 1488x1692) Image search: [Google]
1437982121003.png
516 KB, 1488x1692
>>134031233
That doesn't help you when you want to point the sword at the enemy.
You see this picture? The center of gravity is not underneath the feet.
Why?
Because the sword isn't in a vertical position.

So unless you're planning on not using the sword to fight, then yes, you can use the sword.
>>
>>134031229
The center of mass of the barbell is in the middle, unlike with a sword, where it's closer to the hilt than the tip.

>>134031266
Idiot, this is incredibly easy. I do this every day when putting 45lb plates on a barbell, and I actually just went outside and did it just to see how fast I could move the plate. You need far less torque to move a 45lb plate at a decent swing than to throw a hammer like a bullet.
>>
>>134031349
>The center of mass of the barbell is in the middle,
The center of the mass is never going very far away from him.

>unlike with a sword, where it's closer to the hilt than the tip.
Or it would be, if it was a normal sword and not the Dragonslayer.

>Idiot, this is incredibly easy
You're bluffing or too stupid to understand the task.
>>
>>134031333
Who said anything about pointing? Think about braveheart or some other hollywood movie with longswords or claymores. What do they do? They hold it close and vertical, swing, then bring it close and vertical again. How about you idiots go outside and swing something heavy around. It's not impossible, and if you were actually strong enough to lift something that heavy as if it were a baseball bat, you could sure as hell swing it around.
>>
>>134031421
>They hold it close and vertical, swing, then bring it close and vertical again.
So you're discussing something very different from the rest of the thread. Good to know.
We're discussing Guts and his use of the Dragonslayer.
Also "swing it around" does not imply a simple downward motion.
>>
>>134031405
Try it yourself, dumbass.
>>
>>134031483
Oh, I have. That's why I know what happens.
>>
>>134031460
I didn't say anything about a simple downward motion.

>We're discussing
No, asshole. I've been arguing a point since these two posts:

>>134018056
>>134024546

Your stupid input isn't clarifying anything.

>>134031514
And what happened? I can swing that much weight around without keeling over or moving my feet. Not exactly a feat of strength.
>>
>>134031554
>I didn't say anything about a simple downward motion.
>>They hold it close and vertical, swing, then bring it close and vertical again.
Okay.

>And what happened?
I had to lean back to avoid the center of gravity leaving my feet.

>Not exactly a feat of strength.
Then you don't understand what "as fast as you can" means. Or you're inherently a very very slow person.
>>
>>134018225
Oh fuck, thank you so much for posting this
I read about him some years back and I've been wanting to look him up again for reference, but I couldn't remember his name

You just scratched an itch that's lasted half a decade
>>
>>134031624
Like a baseball bat, nimrod. Follow the discussion. Bat is vertical, followed by horizontal swing, and a return to vertical during recovery.

> had to lean back to avoid the center of gravity leaving my feet.
Okay, same as a hammer throw. You only need to lean back a few degrees unless you are kinesthetically incompetent. Your heels are the fulcrum and your feet are the lever. As you're swinging, you're contracting your calves and A) keeping yourself from toppling over B) producing force inward towards your own center of mass, as circular motion is characterized by acceleration directed towards the axis of rotation. It is the exact same process if the sword rivals your own weight, you just need superhuman strength. Thanks for contributing fuck all but ignorance and stupidity.
>>
Nigga that aint a sword that's a fucking metal dining room table with a grip
>>
>>134031839
>followed by horizontal swing,
Then you're back at >>134031333 pointing your weapon at somebody with the added difficulty that the sword also has a directional vector going away from you.
Sorry, you just lost the ground from under your feet unless you let go of the sword.

>You only need to lean back a few degrees
And now imagine that what you're swinging around isn't 7kg like your stupid hammer but actually heavier than you.
You always rotate around the center of gravity. That's how rotations work.
>>
I guess you could use it if you were stupid strong and used some trancifical force while swinging it around. You'd probably risk dislocating your arm or damaging your rotator cuff if you didn't despite how strong you were.
>>
>Then you're back at >>134031333 pointing your weapon at somebody with the added difficulty that the sword also has a directional vector going away from you.
The sword is accelerating towards your own center of mass. Holy shit, you are bad at physics. Tie some weights to the end of a baseball bat and try it for yourself; you just have to swing and bring the bat back in and up.

>You always rotate around the center of gravity. That's how rotations work.
Holy Guts, you are so confused. Do you have a phone that vibrates? Do you know how that vibration works? By spinning a tiny weight on an axis that doesn't go through its center of mass. Oooooooo, magic. Jesus, you are dumb.
>>
>>134032076
>By spinning a tiny weight on an axis that doesn't go through its center of mass.
>>134032076
>By spinning a tiny weight on an axis that doesn't go through its center of mass.
It's affixed in its place. Are you saying you're going to nail your feet to the ground to swing the Dragonslayer?
>The sword is accelerating towards your own center of mass.
Only after accelerating away. You're looking at half the equation and saying that because this looks good the whole thing must be.
>>
>>134017761
The fact that Guts can use tat huge sword isn't even the most impressive thing. The motherfucker can move at supersonic speed while using it can cut through concrete pillars like butter and can survive getting smashed through buildings.
>>
>>134027977
Except that's wrong, charging into a pike square head on with anything except another pike square is tactically suicide. The greatswordsmen would be at the corners INSIDE of a pike square, fulfilling the same role as halberdiers. Pikes can't into corners and you need people with other weapons to cover those spots.

And stop listening to Lindy, he's a dumbass. In the same video where he tells everyone all that wrong shit, he also tells everyone that "nobody really knows how greatswords were wielded" as if we didn't have multiple fucking contemporary manuals from fencers like diGrassi and Marozzo.

Also, a sword like the Dragonslayer would be more comparable to a bearing sword, not a greatsword in the first place.
>>
>>134032076
>accelerating towards your own center of mass
I sure hope you mean moving, not accelerating.
When something accelerates towards you it's inertia is pulling the other way.
>>
I dont know whats worse, the fact that you're both arguing over whether or not you'll get lifted off the ground if you swing a 400 pound sword or you really believe in that fucking looney tune physics lmao
>>
>>134018225
People often misrepresent the over-sized Paratschwert ceremonial swords common in the Holy Roman Empire as something a human being would have ever conceivably used in battle, rather than just regalia of municipal authority that was brought out on special occasions.

The reason why Piers had one is because captured it in either Asperen or one of the ports he raided.
>>
>>134032153
>Only after accelerating away.
Did you actually go outside and test this, because it doesn't sound like you did. You start swinging the bat as you lower it from vertical to horizontal. you very quickly learn how to strike a balance so that you're neither toppling over from the weight nor falling backwards as you press down with your toes to accelerate the bat towards yourself.

>Are you saying you're going to nail your feet to the ground to swing the Dragonslayer?
Once again, there's this thing called friction. Do you think a baseball player is rotating through his overall center of mass when he swings the bat? It might be closer than when he tries the dragonslayer, but he's still using friction to generate torque and rotate around an axis that doesn't go through the center of mass of himself and the bat together.

>>134032312
I sure hope you shut the fuck up, since you don't even know basic physics. Circular motion, look it up and shut up.
>>
>>134032447
>Did you actually go outside and test this,
I tested it as much as you tested the 20kg water bucket.

But since the rest of your post is just nonsense and more insults I'll stop replying now.
>>
>>134032480
I tested a 20kg plate instead while we were having this discussion, you stupid, lazy moron.
>>
DUDE DARK FANTASY MANGA
DUDE

LITERALLY ONE STEP FROM SLAYERS SERIES
>>
>>134033064
Slayers is much darker than Berserk.
>>
Perhaps Hafþór Björnsson from Iceland can lift and swing it.
>>
>>134031127
Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6QSu1EolCI
Now consider that the Dragonslayer is even bigger and heavier.
>>
>>134034367
Thanks, that told me absolutely nothing I don't already know but in ten times more words than were necessary. The guy in the video doesn't factor in the weight of the sword into his calculations for friction, though he does for the "centrifugal force" (not a real force, by the way). He also chooses a radius that makes no sense for the discussion regarding a sword that is the same weight as the wielder and chooses a velocity that is better suited for Zorro. Totally irrelevant to a discussion of "can it be done at all without toppling over?". It's amazing how shitty people's intuitive sense of physics are, let alone their ability to do actual calculations. Can't do the calculations yourself? Time to find a youtube video of someone else who can't do the calculations himself. Bravo.
>>
>>134031852
Underrated post
>>
You certainly could drop it from some rampart on the head of some poor serf.
Still technically a sword kill.
>>
File: 1333266884530.jpg (469 KB, 1332x2048) Image search: [Google]
1333266884530.jpg
469 KB, 1332x2048
>>134017761
Even someone strong enough would be better off using a lighter sword. Historically, two-handed swords weren't nearly as massive.
>>
>>134018225
>>134032333
>>134031740
It's actually not Pier's sword. They just attributed it to him due to the sword being so big but it's actually a ceremonial bearing sword, used in processions, e.g. by the ceremonial guards of Bishops. Another copy of the very same sword is kept in Scotland as far as I know.
>>
>>134017761

>bodybuilders
>strong
>>
>>134017816
>feats

Oh boy. Here we go again.

It's feats fetish guy.
>>
>>134025114
I like to imagine that someone clean and jerks the dragonslayer and just drops it on an enemies head.
>>
What if in the future dragonslayer breaks and it's reforged into 2 swords?
>>
in short: yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BIfrA6CIIk

There's a woman wielding a massive sword

There's no reason a strongman or olympian couldn't wield that

not effectively, fuck no, nobody could, but it still looks cool, which is the whole point, and if your question was about wielding it effectively then you're retarded
>>
>>134039595
Dual wielding black swordsman?
>>
He's a big guy
>>
>>134040412
I like how she stop right after the ''cut'' and immediately does a back swig....
>>
>>134017761
I'm still curious how much that must weight. But yeah, if we look at >>134040412 Guts must be stupidly strong, to not only swing that thing, but also keep his balance while changing its momentum. Especially if we take into account, how he does that on a regular basis with no end in sight.
>>
>>134041971
I doubt he'd be able to. The woman in the video didn't swing it like Guts does and she was still moved by the sword. I also doubt that sword weights as much as the dragonslayer.
>>
>comparing a fictional character with a real human bean
>>
>>134042335
It's not that big deal to handle that sword irl.
>>
>>134032447
>Circular motion,
Has an outward vector (or rather a vector tangent to its radius which is effectively pointing outward). Look it up.

>>134032447
>to accelerate the bat towards yourself.
That acceleration comes with an equal vector in the opposite direction. The sword is heavier than you, therefore, you are moving faster towards the sword than the sword is moving towards you.
You want to do this maneuver to keep your balance. Unfortunately this maneuver destroys your balance.
You have no idea what you are talking about, but you keep talking anyway.
>>
>>134040412
That sword is nothing compared to the Dragonslayer.
>>
>>134034977
You know, I've been thinking about you and your "friction" and I think I finally understand what your stupidity was about.
You don't understand the concept of center of gravity.
You think we're discussing whether or not Guts is going to slide over the grass.
Holy shit, you're stupid.

When the center of gravity is no longer under Guts feet, friction won't matter at all. You know how wheels have treads? Nobody wants wheels that have no friction. The point of wheels is not to slide, it's to roll.
And just like a wheel, Guts is going to topple over and follow his sword. You are a fucking retard.
>>
>>134034977
http://adaptivemap.ma.psu.edu/websites/friction/slipping_vs_tipping/slippingvstipping.html
Read up, shit brain. The second the centroid of the sword is off center, friction goes out the window.
>>
>>134017761
Using such a big sword is for faggots with small cocks. we know guts has a small cock so it fits him.
>>
>>134038030
Don't get him wrong, he may be just a bodybuilder, not a strongman, but Arnold was still strong (he was alleged to be the only person on the T2 set who could actually carry the mingun by himself),
>>
The thing I always liked about Berserk was that it was about a man who trained with big swords and became strong enough to use the big swords. He's shown to be a fairly regular man without any superhuman abilities. He could defeat monsters and demi-gods with his skill alone.

Then he got the Berserker armour and shit turned into DBZ.
>>
>>134020739
>oversight by Miura
Or maybe he just doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>134037925
Orly thanks man I had no idea

>>
>>134050723
Oh he does. He stated in an interview that he regrets giving Guts that huge sword.
>>
>>134050749
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>134050801
I give you >>134025188.
>>
>>134031098
The assumption is that Guts' ability to wield the Dragonslayer has less to do with any magical properties of the sword itself and more to do with the brand making him a living, walking portal to the interstice. This would explain how he was able to lift it before killing a single a single apostle with it.
>>
>>134050841
You do know what the word citation means dont you?
>>
>>134051188
>citation (saɪˈteɪʃən)
>n
>1. the quoting of a book or author in support of a fact
>2. a passage or source cited for this purpose
I don't see the problem.
>>
>>134051509
You quoted an anon not Miura you fucking absolute halfwit
Giving citation means posting the quote in question
>>
>>134051685
How do you know that anon isn't Miura?
>>
>>134051812
How do I know YOU are not Miura?
WHO am I?
>>
>>134052261
Ito-san please.
This isn't a mindfuck thread.
>>
File: vsf037.jpg (791 KB, 1131x1300) Image search: [Google]
vsf037.jpg
791 KB, 1131x1300
>>134017761
Well, he is.
>>
>>134052415
At any rate, an amazing biceps.
>>
>>134017761

You could hardly find a person who can lift it (400-500 pounds/200-220kg)
Olympic world records in weightlifting are about that range.
I think you should be at least captain america tier to wield it like Guts.
>>
>>134052415
Is that PC-tan fanart?
>>
>>134053204
Captain America is the least interesting Avenger to me, but his movies are the only recent ones that I don't find absolutely horrible.
What's wrong with this world?
>>
>>134053264

Yeah winter soldier was a legitimately good action movie.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.