[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this urobutcher worst work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13
File: 32277-aldnoahzeroheader.jpg (75 KB, 620x336) Image search: [Google]
32277-aldnoahzeroheader.jpg
75 KB, 620x336
Is this urobutcher worst work?
>>
>>134010808
Didn't he quit midway?
>>
Season 1 had a great ending, it should've never continued.
>>
>>134010808
He only wrote the first 3 episodes, you might as well say Psycho-Pass 2 was his worst work.
>>
Kek just started this up yesterday. What am I in for?
>>
>>134011959
A shitty ending
>>
Aldnoah isn't by Gen

>>134011959
A trash S1
A trash S2 with at least some good action
>>
>>134011959
Positives:
Cool sound track and interesting robots
Negatives:
it shits itself after episode 3 and the ending comes out of no where and doesn't make any sense
>>
>>134011959
eggs
>>
At least Magbaredge was pretty sexy.
>>
Too bad the second season was pretty shitty. His mechanical eye was the most retarded thing the series pulled.
>>
File: BRAVO UROBUCHI.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
BRAVO UROBUCHI.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
Expelled from Paradise is pretty terrible.
>>
>>134010808
Fuck you, I liked it.

>inb4 all that shit taste
>>
File: 1405255288329.png (76 KB, 840x1290) Image search: [Google]
1405255288329.png
76 KB, 840x1290
Butcher did work on the premise though and I think it's pretty silly.

It could have been fun if Vers and Earth have been separated for hundreds of years (hypergate found on Earth, they settle down in abandoned city on Mars and learn to use alien technology and cut off the connection?)
Or maybe not Mars being used but a more far away planet, but hey, it's the god of war.

I wish they developed Inaho more and killed some characters on Earth side. Rayet was extremely annoying. Yuki-nee a mega cute.
>>
File: cranky angela.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
cranky angela.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>134012386
Your opinion is terrible.
>>
>>134012440
>implying your not the one with the shit taste.
>>
>>134012386
>Now I know how Adam and Eve felt when they were expelled from paradise.

Fucking really?
>>
In my headcanon, Asseylum takes Inaho as her consort and Slaine with the fake princess is sent to some remote asteroid.
>>
>>134012716
>shipperfags
>>
>>134012386
Fuck you
>>
>>134012716
In my headcanon Slaine and Lemons pulled the plug on the comatose Asshime's life support. And then everyone in the solar system committed collective suicide.
>>
>>134011959
Suicide if you keep watching it.
>>
File: 7d1db8b7dbda3e35ae1a3ab9ce6fcb58.jpg (514 KB, 1000x1187) Image search: [Google]
7d1db8b7dbda3e35ae1a3ab9ce6fcb58.jpg
514 KB, 1000x1187
>>134013132
Well, your headcanon is shit.
>>
>>134013611
>bumping shit threads
End yourself

>>134013653
>asseylumfag
Just why?
>>
>>134010808
The episodes he wrote were pretty good.
>>
>>134013677
>Just why?
What other princes knows her way around grenade launchers and steps fearlesly in front of superpowered mech?
>>
>>134010826

It was pretty funny in that it just seemed so try hard edgy like they couldn't think of how to do an interesting cliffhanger so they just went with the most obvious and stupid fake main character death pretty much ever. Its stupid too because like what am I supposed to care if this guy died or not? He had zero personality or character beyond autistic kid that fights the bad guys and is better at everything than everyone else just because. I don't understand how you have that level of advertising and publicity and then demonstrate little or no planning come show time. Its a shit way to make original anime and was kind of Aniplexs last chance to get me to take them seriously again and show they dont just rely on big names and marketing to stay on top and even I didn't think it was going to be that bad and flat out confirm it instead. Anime is pretty much fucked with them running most of the shows now but considering people just seem happy watching and praising names rather than good storytelling and interesting characters its kind of hard to care either way. Have fun with edgelord Kiznaiver and the exact same shit happening again while people go on about "muh trigger " folks.
>>
>>134011959
You should kill yourself, newfag.
>>
>>134013876
I thought it was a fitting end to a shit show with shit characters.
Inaho died like a bitch, princess killed, Slaine left with literally nothing.
No idea why they decided to change it all.
>>
>>134010808
He only worked on the first episode.
>>
>>134013677
>Just why?
Because there will always be people who are new to anime, especially mecha.
>>
>>134010808
I'd put it as his third worst after Fate/Zero and Psycho Pass
>>
>>134010808
It's his greatest work
>>
Madoka is his worst work.

His best work is Madoka.
>>
>>134012154
>Cool sound track and interesting robots
Well that's a load of shit
>>
>>134013748
Ange? And maybe Aida? That's just from this year, too.
>>
File: Djjmj7O.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Djjmj7O.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
>>134013748
>>
>>134011959
The entire series is actually the director's gay fantasy of self inserting in unemotional gay character with a proxy crush on cute blond antagonist who couldn't give a shit about him but the ending forces him to rely on him completely.

Princess marries a literal who at the end and gives her blessing to robot to pursue his crush on her best friend.
>>
The PTSD guy in Season 1 had some pretty cool plot, and I thought Slaine was the best character all along. Slaine's escapades were the only thing holding Season 2 up, whilst Inaho was being a little cyborg bitch. Both of 'em got kucked in the end so I guess it's lose/lose.

But yeah, most of the rest of the series was shit. It especially made no sense how much Earth had caught up in Season 2. In Season 1 they were the underdogs fighting the odds, but in Season 2 it never really felt as one-sided, which was sort of supposed to be part of the appeal (or so I thought)
>>
>>134013132
Best head canon.

Lemrina x Slaine was OTP and Ass was shit.
>>
>>134017795

Slaine didn't love Asselyum romantically. He only wanted her acknowledgement as some kind of white knight devoted religious protector. Inaho got half kucked because he ended up being uber gay for Slaine.
>>
>>134010808
The show was shit but the sluthime/Slaine NTR doujins it produced are great
>>
>>134012716
Aoki should have hired you, my friend.
>>
>>134017870
And to stick his dick in her pussy. As all obsessive "white knights" keks do.
It was pretty hilarious when Klancain ntr'd him on live broadcast and the whole solar system laughed. The show took itself too seriously for how dumb it was.
>>
>>134017870
Yeah, I didn't really care who ended up with the princess in all fairness - she seemed more like a 'prize' they were fighting over than someone either of them could properly be with

Still pissed at Slaine's ending though. I don't know how the show should've ended, but with morality tales about someone's descent into villainy it's always pretty satisfying for them to achieve their goals, but get their come-uppance in the end (death, usually). If I were in charge, the series would have been longer. We'd see far more of the Vers homeworld and royal family, Slaine would get far closer to achieving his end goal, and either Slaine or (preferably) both Slaine and Inaho would get killed off in the ending, since in all honesty neither of them wanted peace - the entirety of the war in season 2 effectively boiled down to those two slapping their dicks at each other out of egotism
>>
>>134018401
No, he didn't feel anything romantic or sexual about her. It's one of those pure devotion relationships.

The one he might actually feel something romantic for was Lemons, so she got sadly kucked by the gay ending.

Looks like Ass' feelings for Slaine were more romantic than his, if you want to believe how unrequited Inaho's feelings were. Aoki laughed because the poor guy not only lost her to Klancain in marriage but her heart went to Slaine, so her last conversation to him (more a recording) was her plea to save the one she actually loved. This was supposed to be Asseylum's 'sacrifice' for the sake of people.
>>
>>134018409
Inaho did want peace. That's one of the reasons he sought out Asseylum, because Slaine was using her to perpetuate lies and war.
>>
>>134011959
MC and the terran scum faggot both get c ucked by some price out of nowhere
>>
>>134018504
It's up for interpretation but I and most viewers just saw a big clusterfuck of NTR. This is how it's seen pretty much everywhere, in japan and the west. No idea where you got Lemrina attraction from. Every episode she was either bitter or ignored and it all ended with a "welp I'm sorry, bye."
Asseylum didn't feel anything romantic for Slaine and Aoki only commented on Inaho's feelings. He never claimed Asseylum had romantic feelings for anyone. In fact official material clarifies she's a character without them right before the leads got ntr'd. All we know is that Inaho/Asseylum WAS the intended pairing in some early ideas for the first half before she is taken by Slaine, nothing else.
>>
>>134018554
>Inaho did want peace
Really? did inaho ever honestly want anything, other than Asseylum's pussy and a fist fight with Slaine? I can't remember because it's been a while, but those are the only two things (and eggs) he ever had slight emotions about, if my memory isn't failing me. Him wanting 'peace' was probably just because his higher-ups told him to want peace, and he's an autistic manrobot
>>
I want to squeeze Lemon's lemons.
>>
>>134010808
more entertaining than IBO currently is
>>
>>134019426
He did. He wanted to use her for negotiations in S1, and once that was out of the question decided to use her in battle in ep 12. In S2 he freed her from Slaine so she could do her peace declaration and was happy when she did so. He also was in love and that motivated him as well. He's smart enough to know he would not have a chance with a literal empress. That is one battle he would not be able to win. At least he didn't get her shot and marry her while she was unconscious.
>>
>>134019003
Toward the end, Aoki described them as really husband/wife in dynamics. Episode 24.5 continues building this having Slaine concerned over Lemrina's happiness and confiding with Harklight about this, and how he only thought about them as the heart he lost.

His devotion to Asseylum was always first, but his love to Lemrina and his friendship with Harklight were just as strong, once it all became a memory.

I wouldn't say Asseylum didn't feel anything romantic for Slaine when Aoki was gleeful about how she ignored Inaho's pain and feelings to favor Slaine in their last exchange. She simply chose to love her people over her heart and she is called Lemrina's foil about their decision.

When it came to marry Klaincain, Inaho didn't even enter in her thoughts, she thinks about Slaine and what he's doing.

Asseylum/Inaho wasn't 'intended' as pairing besides a early ditched scenario where Slaine didn't give a shit about her in general. A scenario where Slaine and Asseylum didn't meet as a children. In the scenario of the show: Slaine became Asseylum's reason to seek friendship with Earth in the end scenario. Listen to Harmonious and it's fairly clear a song toward Slaine with the 'fragments of rain' which is now a special epilogue episode that is dedicated to Slaine.

Everything, in the end, ended up build up around Slaine. Even if he was supposely dedicated to Asseylum, he betrayed her to try to mimic Saazbaum, while Asseylum kept his core to her heart and guided her. Inaho had a massive hard on for him (parodied in spin off).

They just dropped the ball badly in how to execute this shit.
>>
>>134019003
Aoki wanted to cause rage on purpose about the romantic subplots, and get a gay ending and a literally who ending from nowhere.

You'll think a nice UNDERSTANDING ending with Asseylum on Earth as Seylum with Inaho, while Lemrina (as Asseylum) rules Mars with Slaine after the mecha friendship battle would have made most fans content. But he tried to be 'creative' and the result made everyone look awful.
>>
File: 1429477016521.gif (341 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1429477016521.gif
341 KB, 480x270
>>134011959
Fluffy hair and sweet torture
>>
New manga volumes.
>>
File: 81w5k1-4EvL.jpg (475 KB, 1514x2153) Image search: [Google]
81w5k1-4EvL.jpg
475 KB, 1514x2153
>>134022092
Slaine looking like a CHAR.
>>
>>134010883

he didn't write psycho-pass s2
>>
>>134021680
I'll take Aoki's works with a grain of salt, because ignoring your "wife" to stare at a girl in a tube is not what I expect of a husband/wife dynamic. Like Asseylum's "sacrifice", he seems to not know what he's really presenting.

And I've never heard of that interview so you'll have to provide proof. Lemrina felt like an after thought towards the end of the show and Harklight was even worse. He was barely more than furniture.

>I wouldn't say Asseylum didn't feel anything romantic for Slaine

Without a real citation in the show or otherwise that's pretty baseless conjuncture when we have official material stating she felt nothing romantic for the guys. It may just be a magazine, but it's backed up by her character in the show being basically asexual. Or earthsexual. She's the only one singled out in such a way. And she didn't think about either of them when marrying Klancain. The most we got was her shock at Count Book mentioning Inaho and her disappointment in Slaine but neither of those scenes were about the wedding.

>Asseylum/Inaho wasn't 'intended' as pairing besides a early ditched scenario

That's what I said. However this was still the only pairing ever put down for the mcs that was reciprocated. Beyond that, there's no other mc pairing where the two have mutual feelings of romantic love in the show or ditched scenarios. Slaine had no involvement in it, obviously. He's too busy shooting people.

>>134021915
Aoki has a whole lot of visions and delusions about what he showed in this anime and it seems no one talked any sense into him while doing it.
>>
>>134022305
that's the point, he didn't write 95% of A/Z either. He wrote the first three episodes of Season 1 and then left them to their own train crash. The rest of S1 and the entirety of S2 was not his doing, same as with PP s2
>>
>>134022513
>He wrote the first three episodes of Season 1 and then left them to their own train crash.

Jesus, no wonder the pacing was so good and then delved into monster of the week right off the bat.

Still an amazing series though. And Slaine was the best character of show.
>>
You know it's shit but you love for the shit it became
>every mecha ever

>>134010808
It's not urobutcher
>>
>>134010808
Yes.
>>
File: kikokugai.jpg (57 KB, 797x596) Image search: [Google]
kikokugai.jpg
57 KB, 797x596
Is this urobutcher best work?
>>
>>134015922
>psycho pass worse than aldnoah 0/10
get your taste in check mate
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.