[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best girl or best girl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Izana_Shinatose.jpg (70 KB, 350x565) Image search: [Google]
Izana_Shinatose.jpg
70 KB, 350x565
best girl or best girl?
>>
show sucked but izana is waifu tier
>>
>>133979235
That's not penis-chan.
>>
>>133979235
Who cares
Nihei sure as hell doesn't
>>
File: nihei of sidonia.png (1 MB, 1040x2090) Image search: [Google]
nihei of sidonia.png
1 MB, 1040x2090
>>133979235
>>
>>133979235
Best boy
>>
File: best.png (2 MB, 2090x3000) Image search: [Google]
best.png
2 MB, 2090x3000
>>133979235
That's not Tsumugi.
>>
>>133980337
Such a disappointing character. Personality of a fucking moeblob.
>>
>>133979235
>>133980337
You guys have got it all wrong.

>look through the spin-off raws
>cover prominently features Hoshijiro
>cover for the 4koma thing features her
>isn't actually in any of the stories aside from a tiny flashback panel for a shitty 4koma joke
Fuck this shit.
>>
>>133979435

why didn't they do blame instead?
>>
>>133980924
>Barely a character in the series, died several years ago
>Surprised when she isn't featured much in content made at the end of the manga's run
>>
>>133979235
Nah, that's be Yuhata. OH WAIT.
>>
>>133982143
>Barely a character
She and her clones were a central part of the story until they were unceremoniously stuffed away and forgotten.

But I guess you're right in a way, at least. Still makes me sad though.
>>
>>133982385
As a character, Hoshijiro didn't make it to 10 chapters. Just about everybody else bar maybe Tsunbot was more heavily featured. Hoshijiro was important, but not particularly so while alive.
>>
some of the boys in this show were girls.
some of the girls were boys.
that's what makes it fun!
>>
File: WEG_Sidonia.png (454 KB, 1008x403) Image search: [Google]
WEG_Sidonia.png
454 KB, 1008x403
>>133982797
When I say Hoshijiro I often include the clones, since they both and least to some small degree could regain her memories and personality (and probably could've regained everything if Nihei hadn't just written her out).

I guess I'm just butthurt because I expected something a little like the story of Orpheus getting his wife back from the underworld. Though with how heavily she was featured throughout the first half of the story, and with hints of the same ideas showing up again every now and then, I could be forgiven for being surprised when her presence was almost completely forgotten when BeniJiro was stashed away.
>>
>>133983121

the first season was like a collection of tropes, but had a kind of interesting dynamic on the whole harem thing because MC's favorite concubine gets whacked. from there on it seems nike nihei didn't actually know where he wanted to go with it so it inevitably turned into generic shounen haremfaggotry.

it could have been so much more but ended up being a cashgrab
>>
>>133983121
So in the middle who is the guy with the lyre dragging the other person along?
>>
>>133983350
I'm not sure if you're just fucking with me. But in case you're not, that's Orpheus with his wife.
>>
>>133983405
Thanks.
>>
I'm in the middle of season 2 and why the fuck there is no more Hoshijiro, i don't fucking care about that trans boy and that monster

Fuck, guess I'll go continue reading blame or re-read Muv Luv
>>
>>133983505
That's probably one of my biggest problems as a Hoshijirofag: The anime puts quite a lot more focus on her, for instance having her be the first to meet and talk with Nagate. That's great as a fan of the anime of course. But I guess Nihei's intention never was to make her stand out that much, since he forgets her halfway through.

So, as a Hoshijirofag there's little worth in reading the manga, especially when you at the same time expect it to make use of all the hints and setups it makes throughout.

I'd suggest you just hope that Polygon makes a third season with an anime original ending.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.