[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1307
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: djt.png (198 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
djt.png
198 KB, 1000x750
Cornucopia of Resources / Guide (read Guide before asking questions):
http://bitlasers.com/djt

Previous Thread:
>>133939802
>>
File: DJTの勇者.png (1 MB, 1281x1080) Image search: [Google]
DJTの勇者.png
1 MB, 1281x1080
なるべく諦めない!
なせば大抵なんとかなる!

Persistence is the key to success. You CAN learn Japanese!
>>
File: make your mother proud.png (248 KB, 564x564) Image search: [Google]
make your mother proud.png
248 KB, 564x564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
>>
>tfw on the verge of giving up
Why does Japanese have to be so hard?
>>
File: 白黒.jpg (567 KB, 1326x978) Image search: [Google]
白黒.jpg
567 KB, 1326x978
>>
File: 1344024317723.jpg (47 KB, 719x720) Image search: [Google]
1344024317723.jpg
47 KB, 719x720
>>133965286
Maybe you're just weak?
>>
Reminder that you need 20-35k words to be an average Japanese speaker. More if you want to be educated

Enjoy your 20 words a day!
>>
>>133965286
It's not just Japanese. It's all languages. They're really fucking boring to learn. Grinding out stupid grammar rules and vocab for thousands of hours
>>
File: 50621235_p0.png (927 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
50621235_p0.png
927 KB, 800x640
I want to be like this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJf1IXAupmY
I'd be okay if I didn't know obscure kanji most Japanese don't know (at least right now), I just love his dedication and love for the language.

I actually got out my ink and fountain pen and carefully practiced my writing that way. I woke up today thinking about the kanji and could remember how to write it and what the words mean. It took a little longer but spending some extra time with memorizing will help in the long run.
>>
>learning a dying language for the purpose of watching your moeshit cartoons
>>
>>133965423
I dunno. I was fine for the first 2 months when all I had on my plate was Anki, but now that I've moved beyond that and onto reading and found that even when I know the grammar and vocabulary being used I often can't make any sense of anything, it's really disheartening.

I feel like a fag for citing a manga character, but there's a part in One-Punch Man where Sonic is thinking about Saitama and says something like "I just can't imagine myself winning against him". I'm really starting to feel that way about Japanese. I just can't picture myself being fluent at this language.
>>
>>133965554
>when I know the grammar and vocabulary being used I often can't make any sense of anything, it's really disheartening.

All the fucking time

Enrages me so much
>>
>>133965481
>More if you want to be educated

No, bullshit.

Japanese education is better than ours. The average Japanese adult isn't comparable to average American adult (and hell, the average NE, MW or West Coast American adult isn't even comparable to the average Southern or Plains adult).

A Japanese high school diploma is an American associates degree, and their graduation rate is virtually 100%. They've also got one of the highest college graduation rates.

So, the level of the average Japanese adult isn't as uneducated as you imply.
>>
>行き
How do I know if it's yuki or iki?
>>
>>133965547
>not learning a language despite proven scientific evidence it actually makes you smarter

You must train your mind as well as your body.
>>
>>133965619
you let jesus take the wheel
>>
File: 1452213682708.jpg (134 KB, 1142x758) Image search: [Google]
1452213682708.jpg
134 KB, 1142x758
>>133965604
>Japanese education is better than ours.
>A Japanese high school diploma is an American associates degree,
>>
>>133965554
>even when I know the grammar and vocabulary being used I often can't make any sense of anything
You obviously don't know the grammar or vocab if that is happening
>>
>>133965640
No. Learning a language doesn't make you smarter.

Smarter people just generally learn languages.

You're not going to become more intelligent because you memorized a bunch of words and grammar rules
>>
>>133965640
is this really your argument? why don't you dedicate your time to getting a phd instead of learning a "smarter" language?

oh wait it's because of the moeshit backlog you have
>>
File: imouto.jpg (195 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
imouto.jpg
195 KB, 1600x1200
>>133965619
文脈によるけど、ゆき、と読む方が日本語っぽいかなあとおもうよ。おにいちゃん
>>
>>133965547
Just imagine if the language actually "died". You'd be an archaeologist of sorts, excavating what you call "moeshit cartoons", the zenith of Japanese culture. It's a career.
>>
>>133965682
>getting a phd
Ah, normies. Money loses all intrinsic value in a world with more quality entertainment than you could ever consume, all for free.
>>
>>133965722
You type like a 13 year old
>>
>>133965681
>No. Learning a language doesn't make you smarter.

Yes, it does.

>Smarter people just generally learn languages.
Perhaps, but that's not the cause.

Intelligence is elastic. This is scientific fact. It's not hardcoded by genetics- or at least, it's hardcoded to a range, not a value. You can literally make yourself smarter.

>>133965682
>is this really your argument? why don't you dedicate your time to getting a phd

That would be an even bigger waste of time.

>instead of learning a "smarter" language?

The language isn't smarter. Learning the language makes you smarter, like training for a marathon makes you stronger. Your reading comprehension needs work for someone who talks down to others.
>>
Hey! I've been checking the materials on OP's link recently. Lots of interesting stuff!
To those who have been though most/all o f it already: Do they have anything on particle usage? When to use が, で, に etc. still confuses the hell out of me
>>
>>133965481
A lot of those are bound to be derived from other words, so in reality you don't have to go through any real effort to learn them.
>>
>>133965788
>>Intelligence is elastic. This is scientific fact.
Correlation does not imply causation. Smarter people read more books, that doesn't mean that reading books makes you smart.

Intelligence is hardcoded, because it's just a measure of how quickly you can understand and apply new concepts. Nobody has an IQ that deviates more than a point or two upward after they mature.
>>
>>133965815
Refer to any of the grammar guides in the doc
>>
>>133965547
You're browsing /a/ on 4chan.org so you really have no backbone to make someone feel bad about learning japanese.
(Maybe you're just bitter because you tried/wanted to try learning it but couldn't?)
>>
>>133965866
No. They're all different word families. Go, going, to go, will go, went etc all count as the same word.
>>
>>133965881
>Correlation does not imply causation. Smarter people read more books, that doesn't mean that reading books makes you smart.

Correct. But just because correlation doesn't imply causation doesn't mean there isn't causation.

>Intelligence is hardcoded, because it's just a measure of how quickly you can understand and apply new concepts.

That doesn't mean it's hardcoded. Is your ability to understand new concepts the same at 4am as it as at 6pm? No, of course, it's obviously not static.

>Nobody has an IQ that deviates more than a point or two upward after they mature.

IQ scores are not an accurate measurement of intelligence, but even so, that's incorrect.
>>
>>133965922
>all count as the same word.
Nah, they don't. Each one is counted as a separate word in these.
>>
>>133965955
No. Vocab studies are always word families. Go read up on them
>>
>>133965554
If you know the grammar and the vocabulary then there's really no reason why you shouldn't be able to read something. Maybe post something you've had difficulty with and I or someone else could explain it to you?
>>
>>133965955
>>133966003
The particular study in question counts Quick and Quickly as the same but Give and Gave as different.
>>
>>133965947
>Is your ability to understand new concepts the same at 4am as it as at 6pm? No, of course, it's obviously not static.
It is static. A computer that underclocks its CPU during off-peak times still has a CPU capable of performing at its max clock speed.

Kick in some adrenaline and you'll be just as good as understanding at 4am as any other time of day.

>Correct. But just because correlation doesn't imply causation doesn't mean there isn't causation.
Practically everyone can learn a new language. All it takes is a time investment. Can everyone understand quantum mechanics, or string theory? Can everyone learn to think in 4 spacial dimensions?

Anyone can read a book, too, but not everyone will understand it. Languages aren't any measure of smartness.
>>
I took that test and got 25,000 words.

I am a native speaker with a vocabulary that I guarantee is much, much larger than the average schmuck.
>>
>>133966187
Link for the test?
>>
>>133966181
>A computer that underclocks its CPU during off-peak times still has a CPU capable of performing at its max clock speed.

>human brains are analogous to a computer

You're dumb

>Practically everyone can learn a new language. All it takes is a time investment.

So? How does that mean anything?

>Can everyone understand quantum mechanics, or string theory? Can everyone learn to think in 4 spacial dimensions?

I said everyone can become smarter. That doesn't mean everyone is starting at the same point or will end at the same point. But you CAN become more intelligent that you were previously.

Again, this is scientifically accepted. Your brain literally rewires itself as it learns.
>>
If I can become smarter, can I also become dumber by sitting on my ass all day for years?
>>
>>133966324
Of course I can certainly attest to that
>>
File: studying1.jpg (532 KB, 784x1000) Image search: [Google]
studying1.jpg
532 KB, 784x1000
I get why normies give up, by why do YOU guys ever give up? Saw some posts about it last thread, and I just don't get it. Ensuring success is really as simple as doing anki reps. Why would you ever make a conscious decision to not do anki reps and thereby fail? Just consciously choose to do anki reps and you'll make it. Obviously, man cannot learn Japanese on reps alone, but at least by keeping up with anki you don't set yourself back and can maintain an active accumulation of knowledge.
>>
>this one retard baiting
news flash asshole: the lowest of the nips are way worse than niggers

absolute scum

and learning a language doesnt make you smarter at all lmao, you are able to learn more languages because your are smart
>>
>>133966408
Depression.
>>
If desu is a contraction of de aru, then when you say 'I'm not a cat', why isn't it ore wa dewa inai?
>>
>>133966442
Have you considered not being depressed?
>>
>>133966408
Social anxiety.
>>
>>133966251
I'm guessing this one:
http://testyourvocab.com/
>>
>>133966482
I get like 20,000 and I guarantee my vocab is larger than average as well. Although part of that is attributed to the fact that I know tons of vocab related to science/math/technology/etc but not so much random pretentious literature vocab.
>>
>>133966264
>Your brain literally rewires itself as it learns.
To a point. The number of maintainable connections, synapse speed, and plasticity vary wildly, and that's what creates differences in intelligence.

Plasticity could be considered the most important for learning new things. Learning lots of stuff doesn't improve it, it just slowly degrades over your life. There's no real way to increase your plasticity, although the jury is still out on whether it's possible to reacquire plasticity.

You can act smarter than you actually are by learning lots of meaningless facts, but you aren't actually getting any smarter. Given the same novel problem, someone demonstrably smarter than you will reach a solution faster in the vast majority of cases.

All of this is fairly meaningless when talking about language, when even the stupidest person around can learn a second language, albeit at a slower rate.
>>
>>133966455
Yes.

I also considered and followed through on getting treatment, but it isn't working yet.
>>
>>133966442
>>133966462
I mean, but those don't really remove accountability, it's still just a conscious choice to do reps... It's not like "be happy" or whatever that's not exactly possible to do when depressed, it's just shifting through flash cards.
>>

This fucker has given me more trouble than anything else in RTK
>>
>>133966603
I feel awkward doing my reps.
>>
File: zenzen.jpg (47 KB, 633x471) Image search: [Google]
zenzen.jpg
47 KB, 633x471
>>
>>133966655
Should have learned through vocab
>>
>>133966482
ESL
26,600 words
>>
>>133966591
Have you tried exercising, sticking to a strict sleep schedule and eating properly?
>>
>>133966699
Hey hold up.
I'm not trying to tell him to cure his depression or anything, that's above my head.
I just wanted to know why people choose not to do reps when it will objectively lead to their failure. The answer is laziness, as I expected, but I don't want him to mistake this for me trying to say depression is something curable he should work on or something.
>>
>>133966655
全然.
Every evening I burn a dog because (insert retarded RTK keyword here).

There, that's the only place you'll ever see it.
>>
File: 1270916358215.png (324 KB, 532x399) Image search: [Google]
1270916358215.png
324 KB, 532x399
>>133966451
>ore wa dewa inai
>>
>>133966655
I suggest you just go to jisho.org and type *<kanji of choice>* (asterisks included) on the search bar to see all the words that use that kanji. It helps immensely in understanding what the idea of the kanji is. Also, I wrote a post about this kanji earlier that might help you, I'll paste it here:

>There are four things to know about it. In order of most important to least important:
>
>1. It combines with other kanji as if it were a suffix, producing 熟語 which are mostly adjectives and adverbs (sometimes requiring additional particles like 呆然と) than end in ぜん and whose meaning is indicated by the first kanji in the word, e.g. 全然, 突然, 自然, 呆然, 唖然, 整然, 漠然, etc, etc...;
>
>2. 自然 is also used as a noun meaning "nature", and probably for this reason people often use 自然的(に) when using it as an adjective(adverb);
>
>3. 天然 is pronounced てんねん not てんぜん and it's also frequently used as a noun when meaning 'airhead';
>
>4. It's the さ in さよう, which is archaic そう (as in そうですか), among other archaisms;
>>
File: 1447438260596.png (164 KB, 1093x1600) Image search: [Google]
1447438260596.png
164 KB, 1093x1600
今日は僕の誕生日です

おめでとう...
>>
>>133966761
It's not even the only super common word that uses it
>>
>>133966730
You clearly don't know much about depression, although it's not like that's your fault.

Depression doesn't make you sad or whatever. It robs you of all energy and motivation, you're apathetic and empty inside. Just simply shit like doing the laundry is a huge challenge. Even if you want to study, know why you need to study, even if you start the lack of energy will make it virtually impossible to focus productively.

I say this as someone who overcame depression by willpower. That shit's not anything any normal person can understand.

The closest analog most people have to depression isn't sadness, it's the flu.
>>
>>133966591
Maybe you could actually make "learning a new language" as a mean to get better, you know? Keep your mind busy, feel like you're doing something meaningful. It worked for me to some extent, at least.
Like, even if it's just a little if you focus the results will appear after a while, all you gotta do is start!
>>
>>133966730
>I don't want him to mistake this for me trying to say depression is something curable he should work on or something.
Why, you think that's a false statement? I would inquire as to why he would not choose to try and cure his depression the same as you inquire as to why he chooses not to do his reps.
>>
>>133966834
I know. I was depressed once, I know how it feels. I stayed in bed for two weeks skipping school. I still did my reps though. Like I said, depression does not remove accountability. Being so crippled by depression you can't do reps, is a personal problem, more likely rooted in laziness than anything else.
>>
>>133966451
If you mean おれはねこではない that's a perfectly valid way of saying "I'm not a cat."
>>
>>133966804
You mean all the other words like 偶然 and 突然 where it means exactly the same fucking thing with the same reading? Who cares, learn one and you know them all.
>>
>>133966850
Because I didn't want a reply like >>133966834 that rags on about how heavy and destructive depression in, but here we are.
>>
>>133966872
>Being so crippled by depression you can't do reps, is a personal problem, more likely rooted in laziness than anything else.

No, it's literally a medical problem. The fuck.
>>
>>133966872
>I am the sole basis for all clinical symptoms of depression
Ok, anon
>>
>>133966909
>depression is a medical problem
Sick meme, bro.
>>
>>133966872
Here's a wild thought.

Maybe his depression is worse than your "two week depression" was?
>>
>>133966909
>>133966930
Here comes the lazy defense force
>>
DJT first timer here. Do discussions always derail this much?
>>
>>133966960
Staying in bed for 2 weeks =/= depression only lasted two weeks
Though a bunch of hysterical babies have come out of the woodwork to defend their laziness so I will drop the subject.
>>
>>133966977
yes. not to worry though, if you have a questionm ask it anyway and the people will give an answer.
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (372 KB, 280x648) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
372 KB, 280x648
Does ぐるぐると駆にめぐり mean something like "arising over and over again" in this context?
>>
>>133966787
お誕生日おめでとうございます名無しさん!
>>
>>133966996
>>133966967
>>133966936
>retarded anon samefags because he's literally incapable of conceiving of a world in which other people experience different things than he has
>>
>>133966842
Already trying that. I'm attributing my past failures to do my reps to depression.
>>133966850
>implying I'm not trying shit already
Do you not know what getting help means? I don't mean getting given drugs and told to fuck off. But this isn't my blog.
>>
>>133966462
What. Anki isn't a party. Your books aren't talking to you.
>>
>>133966936
The fun thing about medical problems is that if the medics say it's a medical problem then it's a medical problem, and psychiatrists count as medics, so technically it is a medical problem so long as they say it is, i.e. so long as those expensive meds keep making bazillions of cash, i.e. for all of the foreseeable future.

Now you have people who actually have an extraneous, insurmountable force causing their depression being lumped together with lazy shits and no way of telling them apart because most psychiatrists just don't give a fuck. It's the same thing that happens with the kids taking meds in order to "behave" these days because apparently children behaving like children is a mental health issue.
>>
File: 1426398998097.gif (828 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1426398998097.gif
828 KB, 250x188
>>133966977
はい、どもしょうがない、私以外このズレの皆さんはチンポを舐めたい人である。
>>
>>133967024
>arising over and over again
I'm sorry, but if you see ぐるぐる, めぐり, and ループ and think "arise", you're either utterly braindead or a dumb piece of shit EOP looking for machine translation help.

It literally couldn't be spelled out any harder.
>>
>>133967084
>It's the same thing that happens with the kids taking meds in order to "behave" these days because apparently children behaving like children is a mental health issue.

>the ADHD is overdiagnosed meme

My little anon can't be this /pol/washed
>>
>>133967024
It's referring to the doubts "going round and round" in his head in a loop
>>
>>133966967
Go outside and breathe some fresh air instead of saying shit on 4chan as a better way to live up to your supposedly active way of life, 名無しさん!
>>
>>133967034
ありがとうございます。

死は迫て。
>>
>>133966787
君は何歳ですか?
>>
File: imouto.jpg (13 KB, 240x163) Image search: [Google]
imouto.jpg
13 KB, 240x163
>>133967024
>ぐるぐると駆けめぐり

ちゃんとよんでね。おにいちゃん

「~にめぐり」がくっついていると、前の漢字には、「送り仮名がつかないんだな」とおもわれて
>ぐるぐると躯にめぐり
と読み間違えられることがあると思うよ。
>>
>>133966977
This isn't even particularly bad right now.
>>
ahh another day another reddit tier general filled with weebs pretending they are learning a dying island language for anything but 4-5 years of cartoon watching
>>
>>133967075
You don't understand how bad it is.
>>
>>133967222
ごめん、迫って*

>>133967289
二十歳
>>
>>133966187
It sounds like you're in the 50th percentile, schmuck.

http://testyourvocab.com/blog/2013-05-08-Native-speakers-in-greater-detail#newMainchartNative
>>
>>133967426
I gave it to a friend that is an idiot and dropped out of high school, and another friend who (not kidding) reads the dictionary for fun.

They both also scored 25k.

Test a shit.
>>
I can't fucking do core2k

I don't know why

I can't remember any of it

Help me ;_;
>>
>>133966977
It's usually worse, get whatever you need from the cornucopia and get out as fast as you can.
>>
>>133967576
Write it 50 times.
>>
>>133967391
>social anxiety
>social
There's nothing social about studying.
>>
>>133967576
let me guess
>don't know kanji radicals
>no RTK
>no writing words down
>skimping through new words and reviews as fast as you can
>always hitting easy or good
>>
>>133967312
>ぐるぐると躯にめぐり
やばい発想してるな、あんた
大丈夫か
>>
File: 1398437682088.png (2 MB, 1844x2034) Image search: [Google]
1398437682088.png
2 MB, 1844x2034
>>133967576
諦めなさい、続く理由はありません。出来ないちゃんがあなたにもう倒している。
>>
>>133967854
>>don't know kanji radicals
Yes
>>no RTK
Yes
>>no writing words down
It didn't help so I stopped
>>skimping through new words and reviews as fast as you can
No
>>always hitting easy or good
Good is the only option once you've failed it
>>
私の日本語わ最高です
>>
>>133966451
いる expresses that a person or animal is existing somewhere or staying in a place or something to that effect.

である is a statement that something is noun/adjective.

猫ではない is not a statement that the cat is not existing, it's a statement about not being a cat, so ない is used not いない.

>>133967788
Production is important to language study, but with social anxiety one may be likely to neglect that.
>>
Came across a translation of a song I like and it goes like this:

それは僕がよく知っていた未来
僕はそれをわすれてゆくだけさはずさ

>It's a future that I knew well. It's just that I'm forgetting about it- that's how it should be.

Is it really accurate? especially the hazu sa part?
>>
>>133967932
>Production is important to language study, but with social anxiety one may be likely to neglect that.
Not if all you want to do is read.
>>
>>133967911
>あなたにもう倒している。

日本語がおかしいよー

>>133967943
Your transcription is wrong, and songs are not a good way to learn Japanese grammar.
>>
>>133967943
The だけさはずさ part is a little confusing but I would probably translate it the same as what you posted. Songs are often annoying to translate.
>>
>>133967943
>>133967973
>>133968016
The はずさ should probably be seperated, I would guess the song has a short pause before it
>>
>>133967912
>It didn't help so I stopped
Did you write it down 50 times though?
>>
>>133967973
>日本語がおかしいよー
私の日本語文法?それとも、日本語は言語として?
>>
>>133968051
>The はずさ should probably be seperated, I would guess the song has a short pause before it
It makes much more sense as のはずさ
>>
>>133967024
What "と" is there for?
>>
>>133967576
That's because core is an objectively shit way to learn vocabulary

Everyone moved onto sentences a decade ago, but for some reason, people here haven't got the memo
>>
File: CUFLAXcUcAA-Vuj.png large.png (35 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
CUFLAXcUcAA-Vuj.png large.png
35 KB, 800x800
boku/ore/watashi/atashi
これに注意する前に、画像に注意したほうがいい
>>
>>133968187
Core comes with sentences. All it would take is one person to rework the Core deck in the OP to cloze or whatever shit you guys like.
>>
>>133967576
I keep fucking up these words

>>133968187
How would I do sentences without knowing vocab?
>>
>>133968177
ぐるぐると means "going round and round"
>>
>>133968110
Googled it. It is seperated and after listening to the song, there is a short pause

http://music.douban.com/review/5791736/
>>
>>133968177
Some words (call them to-adverbs) become adverbs when you put a と in front of them. Onomatopoeic words like ぐるぐる are almost invariably to-adverbs.
>>
>>133966408
>Why would you ever make a conscious decision to not do anki reps and thereby fail?

Boring, and I hate obligations in my hobbies

Miss a day? Reps are fucked. Therefore I'm obligated to do it or I'll fail. As the day progresses, it becomes worse and worse until the point where I must force myself to do it

I hate being obligated to do something. If I learn drawing, it won't be fucked up if I miss a day. If I learn coding, it won't be fucked up if I miss a day. Musical instrument? Mathematics? Getting fit?

The only time this is an issue, is in language learning.

That's why I quit. I can't learn Japanese without Anki, and I sure as hell don't want to learn it with it.

Well, there's also some other reasons, but that's a big one.
>>
>>133968238
>I recognize all of these but am only partway through core2k
Not sure whether to be happy or sad.
>>
>>133968177
と is used to mean "in a manner of" with certain words (と-adverbs). For instance, ゆっくりと means slowly. と is also used with onomatopoeic words this way.
>>
>>133968245
The problem with core is that the sentence translations can be pretty inaccurate.
>>
>>133968280
>>133968312
Thanks!
>>
>>133968238
What am I looking at? Someone translate for us keks
>>
File: 諦めて.jpg (107 KB, 534x390) Image search: [Google]
諦めて.jpg
107 KB, 534x390
>>133968258
>I keep fucking up these words
It doesn't get any easier than those words
>>
File: 1436741436917.gif (2 MB, 928x670) Image search: [Google]
1436741436917.gif
2 MB, 928x670
>>133967973
>songs are not a good way to learn Japanese grammar.
Not him though. They're not good for grammar true, but they're good for listening practice, that's why everyday I listen to at least one hour of japanese songs, even when I really don't feel like it
>>
>>133968283
You're not fucked if you miss a day of anki. You've probably just committed yourself to doing way too many cards at once.
>>
>>133968340
It's a chart full of different ways to say penis
>>
>>133967576
how far into core2k are you? are you doing production, recognition or both?
>>
>>133968283
How about you stop being such a baby and learn some self-discipline?
>>
>>133968340
a 4 way evaluation list of words used to describe a dick ranging from cute to gross and casual to... the opposite if i had to guess
>>
>>133968344
The all look the same and mean the same or opposite or similar to each other ._.

>>133968400
>how far into core2k are you?

Barely any

>are you doing production, recognition or both?

Recognition?
>>
>Your transcription is wrong, and songs are not a good way to learn Japanese grammar.

Hmm, that's really how the song goes I think. (unless you were talking about the hazu sa not being separated?)
I understand that it's not a good way but I was still curious about what it meant because I could actually understand some of it, sorry...

>>133968051
>>133968274
>>133968016
Oh, yes, there's a pause! I'm guessing it doesn't change the translation I read then...
Thanks for answering by the way!
>>
>>133968415
Formal.
>>
>>133968433
Are you writing or at least trying to remember the stroke orders?
>>
>>133968481
thank you
>>
>>133968409
If you have to apply self-discipline to a hobby, it's a shitty hobby.
>>
File: 1430356630560.jpg (131 KB, 533x394) Image search: [Google]
1430356630560.jpg
131 KB, 533x394
かわいいアニメキャラを強姦すればすぐに日本語を学ぶかな。
>>
>>133968490
I thought stroke order didn't matter?

Like I said to the other anon, I tried writing at first but it wasn't helping so I stopped
>>
>>133968504
Good luck being a failure of a human being for the rest of your life.
>>
>>133968289
I'm 1800 words in 6k (so arguably I'm almost done with 2k) and can't recognize any of the ones written in kanji

pervert
>>
>>133968504
There's no hobby on earth that doesn't require discipline except like masturbation maybe.

But even that's more fun if you're slow and control yourself.
>>
>>133968545
>I thought stroke order didn't matter?
No, only lazy retards spout that. You don't need to know the precise stroke order of every kanji, but you should know the basic principles and how to draw common radicals and recurring patterns.
>>
>>133968550
A hobby is done for pleasure. If you want to consider learning Japanese something other than a hobby, great, but nothing done for pleasure should ever require self-discipline.
>>
>>133968433
What are your settings (steps, new cards per day, intervals etc.)?
>>
>>133968433
>The all look the same and mean the same or opposite or similar to each other ._.
Have fun with things like 寺時特待持侍
>>
>>133968589
>You don't need to know the precise stroke order of every kanji

Then how does it help me learn vocabulary? I don't understand.
>>
>>133968070
倒す is transitive for one
>>
>>133968630
It doesn't. Ignore him. Learn to recognize common patterns and think of kanji in terms of them.
>>
>>133968589
Not the anon you're replying to, but if I'm not looking to learn how to write kanji fluently by hand the only reason to learn basic radical stroke orders is to read handwritten text, right?
>>
>>133968598
>but nothing done for pleasure should ever require self-discipline.
That's your point of view and I disagree.
>>
>>133968545
It helps you remember the radicals instead of trying to magically imprint the kanji in your memory.
>>
>>133968368
>but they're good for listening practice
Not really. It sounds even less like "normal" japanese than anime does. Go watch some movies or something.
>>
>>133968573
Read lots of written porn and you too can recognize many different ways to write dick.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-25-12-20-10-1.png (175 KB, 1080x1483) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-25-12-20-10-1.png
175 KB, 1080x1483
>>133968613
>>
>>133968628
doesn't matter, you should be able to tell which is which on context.
>>
What is the equivalent of John Smith in Japanese?

田中太郎?
>>
>>133968598
Most of the things you listed require tons of self-discipline if you want to achieve a level where you can get satisfaction and not just embarrassment from it. You're just frustrated because the punishment for procrastination is immediate with anki, while with the other ones you can go for maybe even years believing you're making progress before reality hits you.

>drawing
>coding
>Musical instrument
>Mathematics
>Getting fit

You're not gonna get good a any of those without tons of disciplined practice for a long period of time.
>>
>>133968533
Why don't we have any drawings of Zoi getting raped yet?
>>
>>133968685
But the Kanji I'm struggling with all have almost the same meaning anyway
>>
>>133968728
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%B1%B1%E7%94%B0%E5%A4%AA%E9%83%8E
>>
File: 1421535692373.jpg (253 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1421535692373.jpg
253 KB, 1102x967
At what point did you give up?
>>
>>133968811
山田か
面白い。
>>
Why does the Core deck in the OP have a billion uses of 下 and 上 at the start? It's fucking hard to remember.
>>
>>133968753
俺は描けない、そして、描ける名無しさんはクソ好みを持っている。
>>
>>133968896
日本にあるのは山と田んぼばかりだからな
>>
File: 1445404502611.png (478 KB, 736x528) Image search: [Google]
1445404502611.png
478 KB, 736x528
>>133968753
Because she is pure and would never get raped
>>
外人さんわ帰国ます。
>>
File: 鬼ぞい.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
鬼ぞい.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>133969000
>pure
彼女はただの精液の鬼だよ。
>>
>>133968920
Lots of kanji have tons of different readings. Doesn't matter, their general concept is the same.

>>133968890
I only gave up my first time because I hadn't really started and didn't know how to. All I did was follow a bunch of Namasensei's lessons and learn kana.

Now I'm too far in to let it all go to waste.

>>133969044
>わ
>>
>>133968238
English is so much better for funny names though

wang, schlong, dong, knob
>>
Can anyone explain the roots/origin of 八百屋?
Did vegetables commonly cost 800円 or something?
>>
>>133968920
I had no problem with those, but I always fuck up words like "industry, manufacturing, organisation, management"
>>
>>133969167
Ateji maybe?
>>
>>133969167
google it
>>
>>133968890
When I felt I wasn't making any progress.
Now I'm just taking it easy and having fun while on the way.
>>
>>133969167
Think of 800 as the general term for multitude or large number, when pronounced "yao". Like "several hundred". Green grocers had the widest selection of products, so they were known colloquially as "stores with lots of products".

I just made all this shit up.
>>
File: 1375641708969.jpg (190 KB, 1000x882) Image search: [Google]
1375641708969.jpg
190 KB, 1000x882
>>
>>133969324
How hard is it to write て with a diagonal tail followed by a wavy line? Why are you writing う you dumb retard?
>>
>>133969167
"八百" means "many" in old Japanese(^o^)/
>>
>>133969167
八百万 ヤヲヨロズ と無関係だとは思えないね
>>
File: h.png (1 KB, 225x136) Image search: [Google]
h.png
1 KB, 225x136
>>133969324
>drawing it like a filthy homo
>>
>背負う事は重荷とは違って
>いつしか自分を支える すべてへと
>変わるって事が

If I got this right, it starts by saying that taking responsibility is not a heavy burden and then goes on to defining it, and that ends on the って事が. The issue is the stuff in between, mainly due to the すてへと変わる. ("Change into everything" or do I have へと completely wrong? The space separating that from what precedes it only confuses me further.) I can't make sense of that sentence. Any help?
>>
>>133968920
I have some bad news for you. Around the 450-500 card, they throw another 10 at you...
>>
>>133969524
Not this shit again. Nobody draws it like a computer font faggot.
>>
File: shit.png (658 KB, 1000x882) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
658 KB, 1000x882
>>133969524
shit
>>
>>133968545
I'm going to be honest. You sound stupid, like you're just not that smart of a guy. Either stop being stupid, or just give up.
>>
>>133969615
That might be where I'm at? 25 new cards a day is going pretty quick.

Is there a way to see how many new cards are left or how many I've seen already?
>>
>>133969324
What is wrong with you? Have you no hand-eye coordination?
>>
>>133969634
It looks way better than those homo curves.
>>133969647
You're shit.
>>
>>133969167
while >>133969264 says he made his shit up, it's basically right. most languages used random big numbers for "many" and this is the case here as well.
>>
>>133969680
Basic arithmetic?

The deck has 5999 cards, just have a look how many are left.
>>
>>133969680
>Is there a way to see how many new cards are left
"deck:[deckname]" is:new
>or how many I've seen already?
"deck:[deckname]" is:review

all in the anki browser search field
>>
>>133969697
That's because you're a beginner who got to used to the version that appears in your anki deck and became biased towards it. It looks ridiculous to write it like that by hand.
>>
>>133969562
I think it's a partial sentence, at least it shouldn't end like that if it was a whole.
>>
>>133969678
I deliberately write like an idiot when I'm asking for beginner help, because more people help me when I do.
>>
Time for me to repost this i see
>>
>>133968545
It's not about remembering vocab. Stroke order makes your writing readable. Even if you write fast and slur it, if your stroke order underlying it is correct, people can read it. If you slur some random stroke order you made up for yourself, no one will be able to read it. Then again, if you're never going to write by hand, it's not much of a concern for you.
>>
>>133969825
>It's not about remembering vocab
But that's the part I need help with...
>>
>>133969824
What are you trying to imply? That looks like shit. It's wider than a freaking Hidamari.
>>
>>133969850
Stroke order is unrelated to that. Why would you mix the two together?
>>
What are the chances I can get a job as an English teacher in Japan once I learn Japanese?
>>
>>133969825
If I ever go to Japan I'll write like Celty does.
>>
>>133969824
>>133969864
It's pretty.
>>
>>133969899
I seriously doubt you'd need to write anything but your name and address on certain forms by hand. Ever.
>>
>>133969864
Better than you fuccboi
>>
>>133969876
Because I said I needed help with vocab and anon started talking about stroke order.
>>
>>133969894
You can get a job as an English teacher in Japan without knowing Japanese.
>>
>>133969779
That's not what's in cause, right? The って事 should mark the end of the "quotation" or in this case definition. What I don't understand is what's inside, the rest should have no influence for the question. If it does, than my comprehension is actually below what I thought it was. Regardless, it's
>きっと
>分かる日までを…!
>>
>>133969953
That makes no sense, you haven't even seen my writing. At least keep your shitposting consistent.
>>
>>133969894
You can get a job as an English teacher in Japan just through the virtue of being a native English speaker.

They have the lowest requirements in the world, because to be an English teacher, all you need to do is play dumb games with the kids and act like a performing monkey. A Japanese person will actually teach them "English", which is just memorising grammar and vocab lists written in katakana.
>>
>>133969987
Yes because you're too scared to post it pussyboi
>>
>>133970035
Too lazy to entertain you, sorry. You win this round with your shitty elongated character.
>>
>>133969765
Nah, mate. You're like a guy who has moved to Mexico and now eats cockroaches.
>>
>>133964235

I don't even know what most mean, though.

fucking kurai / gurai and those long ass verb conjugations that throw me off are the worst
>>
>>133969972
The が is the problem. The verb is missing. Where did you get the text from? It's some very pseudo-DEEP stuff. Some LN?
>>
>>133970064
I won your mom too with my elongated penis
>>
>>133969850
just memorize what meaning or concept each individual kanji character represents and use that as a base to figure out the meaning of a particular word.
if you mix up certain kanji characters, put them next to each other and study them closely until you figure out a mnemonic or some part of the character to look at that helps you tell them apart
>>
I HATE LONG SENTENCES
>>
File: 1439004941178.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439004941178.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
I fucking hate onomatopoeia and mimetic words.
>>
Man why is anki so frustrating sometimes

Some days I just fly through it piece of piss feel really satisfied shit's all fine and dandy

Other days it's the most infuriating thing in the universe and I have to actively keep myself from just spamming the good button to get that shit out of my sight
>>
File: 1394277200067.jpg (179 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
1394277200067.jpg
179 KB, 500x445
>>133970160
>being this mad because you can't draw a character properly
>>
>>133970163
I hate katakana
>>
If Core is so shit, why doesn't /djt/ make a superior beginner deck?
>>
>>133970212
/djt/ has plenty of big mouths, but no talent.
>>
>>133970208
>>133970163
I hate myself
>>
>>133970122
Half of those you listed are verb conjugation suffixes, some are connecting particles. Sounds like you just need to start from the basics and learn them one by one. Learn which mean similar things, and stick to using one of them. Then eventually you'll notice it sounds stupid in certain circumstances or get corrected and you'll learn how to use them all. Just like kids.
>>
File: 1412066670359.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1412066670359.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>133970163
>Hates long sentences
>is studying an agglutinate language
Now this trully ayys my lmaos
>>
>>133970202
I'm going to stop replying now, it seems like you're taking this a bit too seriously and are actually offended.
>>
>>133970125
Song lyrics.
But anon, there's 分かる right there.
But even assuming I'm wrong about that, my question was about
>いつしか自分を支える すべてへと変わる
which is an independent clause in itself being quoted by the use of って so if you understand that part at least, please explain it.
>>
File: 134216452165421654.jpg (356 KB, 851x690) Image search: [Google]
134216452165421654.jpg
356 KB, 851x690
>>133970163

> sub-zero Japanese level
> TRYING to read my cantonese cartoon porn comics with OCR programs
> this comes up

I didn't want to figure out what was going on anyways
>>
>thread half over in 3 hours
You guys sure love shitposting and arguing.
>>
File: 1398047741676.jpg (253 KB, 1367x2000) Image search: [Google]
1398047741676.jpg
253 KB, 1367x2000
>>133970202
>>
>been studying Japanese for almost a month
>cannot produce a single sentence verbally
>can barely string together a word or two in writing

This language is like the inferno difficulty of languages
>>
>>133970449
Maybe that's because you're a retarded crossboarder who doesn't have a REAL reason like me to study Japanese! Research has shown that 100% of faggots who study to read untranslated cartoon porn games do learn Japanese! 諦めろ!
>>
>>133970449
no it's not
ignoring the completely different writing system English is easily harder and has grammar that is much more bullshit
>>
>>133970449
いぬだ。
There you go bro, there's your first sentence.

Wait, you're only a month in? Well, kana will be impossible for you then.
ee-new da.

There you go. Now you can impress all your Japanese friends with the amazing ability to identify dogs.
>>
File: 1442773697751.jpg (108 KB, 1004x750) Image search: [Google]
1442773697751.jpg
108 KB, 1004x750
>>133970427
>勇者poster removes the part about shitposting
>thread moves 3-4 times as fast
>>
File: 20151123_013134.jpg (305 KB, 982x1298) Image search: [Google]
20151123_013134.jpg
305 KB, 982x1298
Will making wontons help me learn Japanese?
>>
>>133970532
>only a month in
but you literally learn kana during a lazy weekend.
あほ
>>
>>133970543
What a fuck up that was.
>>
File: 14321645216421641.png (2 KB, 63x49) Image search: [Google]
14321645216421641.png
2 KB, 63x49
> I will never be able to read my favorite Thailandese black and white reproduction articles

just kill me
>>
>>133970578
Obviously, but if he's incapable of reading a fucking sentence after a month he's clearly got severe learning difficulties.

Or he's taking a college course! Bazinga!
>>
>>133970552
Nope, but your cantonese will progress along pretty nicely
>>
>>133970532
犬が大好きだ!(‿。)ノ
>>
>>133970614
It could be both of those things, but I'm thinking he's exaggerating to make a point
>>
>>133970530
Well, English is native though.

>>133970532
I learned kana. I don't know what that means though.
>>
File: imouto.jpg (446 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
imouto.jpg
446 KB, 1280x1024
>>133970552
それの自動包み機械automaticaly like wontons making machine は、あたしの町の特産だよ。

ものすごくつつむよ。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNbEBoO1W9U
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.