[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reborn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (191 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
191 KB, 1440x900
How bad is it?
>>
>>133955929

The only bad thing is we never got a canon ship for tsuna
>>
It was pretty good till the future happened. Went downhill fast after that.
>>
The final arc doesn't feel like a final arc.
>>
Fucking garbage.
>>
>>133955929
it was such a cool concept, it was so unique, and then it just became what every shounen anime was doomed to be.. a show about wizards.

No, this ain't a show about the mafia. This is a show about wizards in modern suits casting spells and shit, just change magic to 'fighting spirit' and attacks to 'spells', it's all the same fucking shit. Naruto: show about ninjas that devolved into wizards wearing weird tights that casted spells with rune signs. Bleach: show about reapers that devolved into samurai wizards casting spells by waving a sword instead of a wand. Nanatsu no Taizai: show about knights that (quickly) devolved into wizards in tank armor casting spells with swords as well. Fairy Tail: show about wizards that-- wait a fucking tick, this is the only one that makes a lick of sense.
>>
>>133955929
It was pretty okay right up until the final arc. It was literal shit. If you're going to read it, stop after the earth and any rings arc.
>>
>>133955929
I liked it. The first chunk of episodes are really generic SOL episodes but once you're past that it's actually pretty good. I don't remember the future arc being that bad but it's been a while since I watched it so I could be forgetting. The manga's ending is absolute shit though.
>>
>>133955929
Pretty good until it stopped being about the Mafia and became literally Pokemon.

Varia arc is pretty much the peak of the series.
>>
File: katekyo-hitman-reborn-1436856.jpg (202 KB, 1200x819) Image search: [Google]
katekyo-hitman-reborn-1436856.jpg
202 KB, 1200x819
>>133955929
The future arc was awfull, as crearly author didnt realy know how to end it and the story after that also sucked ass. Powerups were tossed aside and new ones were made for one time use.

Varia arc was pretty cool and ost is amazing, but sadly it just dragged too long. Art also pretty nice
>>
Can someone list all the flaws of the final arc?
>>
I'm mostly just glad that I watched this back when I was enough of a faggot to enjoy it.
>>
The Kokuyo and Varia arcs were great, and the Daily Life arc was serviceable, everything after was utter crap.
Yaoi fangirls seemed to get a lot out of the series, too, so there's that.
>>
File: 1433047197055.jpg (44 KB, 229x231) Image search: [Google]
1433047197055.jpg
44 KB, 229x231
>>133958906
Do it yourself, lazy bum.
>>
This is the biggest battle shonen from Jump since Bleach.
It even surpassed Bleach for a while.

How come nothing become more successful than this shit yet?
>>
>>133958906
Not enough time in a day for that.
>>
>>133957393
>wait a fucking tick, this is the only one that makes a lick of sense
And yet it's the worst out of all of them.
>>
>>133958872
Author never knew how to make it end.
Every arc has a shitty ending.
>>
I liked Tsuna -or at least Tsuna's premise- as an MC. Instead of being a happy guy that gets mad when you hurt his nakamas he was a useless coward and had to very slowly become badass. Also he was very aware he wanted pussy but was too beta to act on it.

However after the Varia arc the guy simply froze as a character and remained frozen until the end with his bowl having no winner.

Kyoko a shit.
>>
It starts out like a comedy but then gets serious has promise at the start but then it becomes fightan, which is also okay for a while but then it starts getting REALLY fucking up its ass in powerlevels and organizations and shit. After a while the arcs just kinda blend together into nothingness
>>
>>133960394
Haru/Tsuna/Kyoko is the only true way.
>>
>>133955929
A pretty funny gag manga for give or take 80 chapters. A pretty shitty battle manga for give or take 320 chapters
>>
>>133960612

Haru is better than Kyoko but below Chrome.
>>
>>133960394
>froze as a character and remained frozen until the end with his bowl having no winner.
That's what made me so mad about the final chapter, it felt like it was chapter 2.
>>
>>133961197
Shit, one of the last few chapters was even a repeat of the very first chapter

The one where Tsuna tries to ask Kyoko out wearing nothing but boxers

Also, Tsuna realized he was fucking useless without Reborn in the end
>>
>>133955929
Even worse than Fairy Tail or Nanatsu no Taizai
>>
>>133955929
Comedy part in the beginning got old really fast and shounen part was decent for short bits till it became complete trash.

Also surprisingly no character development at all in hundreds of chapters it has. They didn't even show future tsuna, the only actual different Tsuna and the one that could have shown what could have been.
>>
>>133961373

Reborn was a shit tutor.
>>
NOTHING CHANGED
>>
>>133963192
No anon, now he have friends, and that's all that matters.
>>
>>133962969
And let's not forget about the badass Tsuna that the future arc promised us. Tsuna never got closer to that. Amano didn't know how to end that shit and the characters reminded flat as fuck.
>>
File: cervello.jpg (7 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
cervello.jpg
7 KB, 301x167
My two biggest complains are, that the Vindice turned from a cool concept into a complete joke and the Cervellos ceased out of existence without any conclusion.
>>
>>133957393
>OPfags

It's always the same because you never mention OP along with all the other garbage. It's pretty hilarious.
>>
>>133955929
Great OST and initial arcs, too bad about the manga ending being one of the shittiest cop-outs a shonen can take.

I mean fuck, you have an ending, you have what every shonen author dreams of, the certainty that you can do what you want narrative-wise without having to worry about sales anymore, and what do you do?

Open end? Fuck you Amano.
Not to mention Tsuna NEVER matured, never evolved past Chapter 1 Tsuna.

The Rokudo Mukuro art was amazing, seeing him serious for once was such a big hit. And the more he started being pretty much constantly in dying will mode, the better character he was.
It's like the more dying will he has the less shit of a character he becomes.
>>
Where is the fucking XX burner when I want to see it again?
What the hell are the functions of the new shit Tsuna and co wield in final arc?
>>
>>133964754
And I thought the manga actually got axed?
>>
>>133964833
That's my point, she was told the manga was going to be axed 5 months in advance.

She had the time to make at least a mini-final arc to tie up loose ends.
But SHE DIDN'T.
She wasted five chapters of bland SoL, then did an open-end that doesn't look any different from any other chapter ending.

Fuck, you're already axed, why don't you do SOMETHING?
>>
>>133964864
Because she's a shitty writer. She has great ideas but her execution sucks. There wasn't an ending because she didn't have planned for one, and she couldn't magically conceive it after she got axed.
>>
>>133964367

How was Vindice a joke? They were the final bosses of the whole series.
>>
>>133964864

It wasn't really an open end. Reborn is going to start turning back into an adult, so the whole premise of the show had expired.
>>
>>133964975
>Most Vindice jobbed easily
>Not joke
>>
>>133959821
Because it's wizards punching each other only, ass pulls where the heroes always go full John Cena, and the only interesting thing are the naked women
>>
>>133959727
Not appealing hard enough to fujos.
>>
>>133964833
>the manga actually got axed
Why? Was it selling badly or something?
>>
I remember I saw a clip of the anime where Tsuna met the previous heads of the Vongola family, and all of then had fire weapons like Tsuna. One of them had a gun that was set on fire. That was when I realized how stupid the series was.

If you're going to make a series featuring the mafia, you have to go all the way. None of this "organized crime family used only for comic relief or Shonen backstory" like Nisekoi or Reborn does. Ironically, Vento Aureo was the closest to getting this right.
>>
>>133965174
I am not sure about the selling but the last arc doesn't deserves that much sales to me.
>>
I remember enjoying the Varia arc and remember Chrome and Haru being best girls.
>>
>>133965217

I mean the Vongola was depicted as a goofy harmless mafia family only for Amano to backtrack towards the end of the Kokuyo arc "yeah we are kinda a big deal in the mafia world"
>>
>>133955929

Anime is an ok adaptation, aside from toning down the violence a bit, changing a few minor details, and not even adapting the whole thing. When the last episode aired the manga was still a good ways ahead.
>>
>>133965217
>If you're going to make a series featuring the mafia, you have to go all the way.
You never really watched battle shounen did you?
>ninjas that are wizards
>pirates with Ki and devil powers
>cooks who with super powers
I don't see how pyromaniac mafiosi are that much different.
>>
>>133965217

It started being "mafia-themed" and let's use it very loosely, kind of like Shippuden Naruto is ninja-themed.

However after some time, especially after the Varia arc, there wasn't even a light mafia theme, they were fighting with pokemon in the future while dealing with some inter-dimensional monster.

I don't know how could everything go so wrong; after the Varia arc the series could go anywhere (Tsuna going to Italy with the recently formed and developed guardians, be the assesination target of a rival family, you name it), and Amano decided to write herself in a corner with the Future clusterfuck that dragged on fucking forever. THE REAL FUNERAL WREATHS
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS-npAstKBo

Brilliant OST all around.
>>
the character design was great
>>
I really wanted some spin-off about Primo. The guy seemed pretty based compared to that spineless faggot Tsuna.

Also Chrome and Haru are best girls.
>>
For a right hand man, Gokuders lost all of his fights.
>>
>>133967259
Everyone except Hibari is a jobber.
>>
>>133967314
>Hibari
I will never understand why female fans like this nigger so much.
>>
>>133967403
Aloof, tall, black haired asshole that they believe is sweet on the inside. Literally every female fan of Reborn believe this about Hibari. All of them.
>>
>>133955929
It should have ended at the Future arc. Everything became retarded after this.
>>
>>133967259
>Gokuders lost all of his fights.
>Would have won against yo-yo guy if not Tsuna showed up
>Would have won against Belphegor if not Tsuna talked trash
I sense a pastern.
>>
Early season were nice, nice artwork, great OST. Every arc's ending felt inconclusive though and it got old in the anime and in the manga it got straight up annoying.
>>
File: mYfo2m0YpYI.jpg (40 KB, 398x480) Image search: [Google]
mYfo2m0YpYI.jpg
40 KB, 398x480
Wish she had more screentime.
>>
>>133967762

She was the only girl in that sausage fest that was Tsuna's guardians and yet she appeared so little or was simply taken over my Mukuro.
>>
>>133967539
but thats true
>>
>>133965217

All previous heads used Sky Flames. Also one of the previous heads used a fucking fork as a weapon
>>
>>133968251
He wasn't. Literally his character was: Strong, aloof guy who like to fight strong people and is an asshole to everyone because reasons. He was flat as fuck. Not that anyone on Reborn was deep or anything, but he was definitively Reborn's worst character.
>>
>None of the other families are even fleshed out
>Future arc was a god damn mess which encompassed most of the series
>You never see or find out what the last two Hell Rings do
>Several characters are irrelevant after the Varia arc
>Arcabelano are largely maguffins aside from Verde, Lal, and Reborn. Others only get fleshed out briefly in the last arc and the anime fillers

Other than that it was ok. Shame Amano ran out of gags for the beginning
>>
Had some awesome OP. Drawing Days is tied with Asterisk in terms of first OPs for a series
>>
>>133965217
reborn was first a gag manga change later to battle shounen
>>
>>133968456
>>Arcabelano are largely maguffins aside from Verde, Lal, and Reborn. Others only get fleshed out briefly in the last arc and the anime fillers
Mammon being badass in Varia arc is also part of the fillers?
>>
>>133968446
Iirc he was the only one in the guardians we will never know the past about. Is the author sort of regret for creating him of something?
>>
File: Shimon_Famiglia.png (428 KB, 751x833) Image search: [Google]
Shimon_Famiglia.png
428 KB, 751x833
I like these guys. It's too bad that their arc was rushed.
>>
I liked it.
It has 7 VOLUMES of SoL comedy with hilarious gag and turned into battle shounen at around volume 8 or so.

The story peaked at Varia arc, all of the fights were awesome.
My personal favorite was Yamamoto vs Squalo.
Their fight was GOAT.

And then future arc came and I stopped reading after that (unfortunately this arc was the longest fucking arc even though it was boring).

I picked it back up in Inheritance Succession arc and loved the Representative Battle of the Rainbow Arc when all of casts gather and we got to see all of the real ability of the Arcobaleno.

It's a shame the final arc (battle against Vindice) was shit.
>>
>>133968951

Fuck, forgot about Mammon being in the Varia.
>>
>>133967259

I liked Gokudera, he's one of the few characters that may have slightly developed with his blind loyalty being a bit more rational.
>>
Had the advantage of the potential of am expandeable universe like One Piece or Naruto.

Could of had arcs about mafia families around the world like America/China/ obviously Italy. Tsuna could of built factions and what not. Hell Xanxus could of tried taking the title againg and we could of had a final arc mafia war like the Whitebeard War in One Piece.

There was so much there but Amano's lack of writing killed everything before it could get off the ground. Maybe an oversight by the Jump editors too. The plan after the Varia should of been expanding the world but they went with the Future arc and got bit in the ass for it

Of all the series that came out in the past 10 years, Reborn has to be like in the top 3 for wasted potential.
>>
>>133969882

Future arc should have either been shorter, or taken place later. As cliche as it would have been, having other families and conflicts be the center of the story arcs in the present would have been much more acceptable
>>
Remember how people say Naruto or Bleach were good early on until they became shit?

Same deal here. Amano burned out all her cards early on and didn't know how to keep up. Everything was so shit that people started to get bored of Tsuna's asspulls every against every boss.

Plot was a mess and we started to get bombarded with characters nobody cared about. Things people thought were important were left behind until much later and many times they were put aside for new things. Halfway through future arc I basically started to give it a weekly quick read just to keep up.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.