[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Kokosake soundtrack got uploaded. Kokosake/Anthem of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Cover.jpg (263 KB, 565x560) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
263 KB, 565x560
The Kokosake soundtrack got uploaded.

Kokosake/Anthem of the Heart thread.
>>
Flac
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=759772
MP3
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=759785
>>
How was the movie? Is it what I'd expect form Okada?
>>
>>133947863
Went in with the lowest expectations and was blown away. Amazing movie.
>>
>>133947863
Okada took keking to a whole new level.
>>
Nogizaka46 The Movie Featuring Anthem of the Heart a vanity ego stroking project by A-1 Pictures aimed at superseding Ghibli and Hosoda.

Not even fucking joking either that's their goal this time. Basically if you're A-1 and doing advertising you're basically just supposed to shit talk about how you're going to supersede whatever is widely considered the top genre work or studio in a particular format and then come absolute nowhere near it but in your own heads.
>>
>>133947586
I still really want to see this movie.
>>
>>133948320

Honestly the shitty ad campaign and producer circle jerking for this movie and how much they abused the whole come meet these idols that have nothing to do with the film except for a tie-in theme song thing and just trumpeted Ano-Hana staff over and over again at the start like what they did with Aldnoah/Zero and Fate/Zero kind of turned me off the movie already by association and track record with that sort of approach.

I kind of hope all the aggressive advertising and bloated theater counts result in it actually losing money or barely breaking even in the end considering they set the goal for like 2 billion yen minimum and last I checked it had just barely passed 1.1 billion in about 2 months despite a massive country wide stage greeting and benefits campaign involving Nogizaka which started to take over as the main thing being trumpeted in the shitty ad campaign after a sub par silver week opening performance where it made barely more in it's first week than Ano Hana did with 3 times as many theaters and 5 straight holidays.

Really I just feel kind of sorry for Nagai/Okada who stayed very humble throughout the whole thing even as the Aniplex producers ran their fucking mouths and the movies theater run turned more and more into being about pushing Nogizaka and less about whatever they were trying to do with it and what they had to say about it.
>>
>>133948411

Most of the reviews I've heard from actually trustworthy people put it at about a 7/10 with most of the praise as one might expect being for the directing, editing and music usage. The script is apparently exactly what you'd expect out of Nagai/Okada pretty much to the letter so if that's your sort of thing there you go.
>>
>>133948616

Honestly the most noteworthy thing about A-1 Pictures are their ridiculously overreaching ad campaigns. It's as ingenious as it is full of shit most of the time because it definitely does get people in seats or tuning into streams but boy does it often backfire or at the very least have a very fierce recoil. It's funny that usually the most decent stuff they put out tends to be the stuff that doesn't have the whole full throttle "You're about to watch the pinnacle of whatever x genre courtesy of glorious A-1 Pictures" campaign too it. Really I've never seen a studio whose heads just think they are the absolute shit quite to the degree A-1 has been lately though really unless you're talking about paid off Newtype Awards nobody else really seems to think so except maybe MAL.
>>
>>133948320
>Nogizaka46
Literally who?
>>
>>133949044

They're an idol group run by the same guy that does AKB48 and all those other clone groups except out of Sony Music Japan and pretty much their top act right now which is easy because the Japanese music scene is super shitty and has been utterly dominated by the 48 idol groups and Johnny's Bands for about the last decade now. Since Sony always has to try to be number one at everything they didn't think that the whole Ano Hana staff tie-in thing was enough to lure in enough viewers to a totally anime original thing by some otaku studio and to fill 150 theaters so they had them become increasingly more and more involved in stage greetings to lure in idol fanboys and even pulled out TV ads with the group members crying and saying how profound the movie is and other scripted bullshit. The movie was basically dropping off at the box office after 3 weeks already and wouldn't have even passed Ano Hana's average which had a third of the screens without the Nogizaka46 marketing campaign and record number of stage greetings and autograph sections from them and the cast. Based on where the movie was dropping off at around the 600-700 million yen mark when they really started abusing the Nogizaka marketing factor to get it over that 1 billion mark and save face as much as a third or more of the movies income could have potentially come from idol fans strictly interested in meeting members from the group. Just from the weekend with the Nogizaka46 stage greeting alone the movie made almost 150 million yen, more than the prior 2 combined.

I guess to give a little more info, remember that Rena Matsui chick they got to do the voice of one of the characters in that ultra shitty QUALITY filled Ultimate Otaku Teacher show with Hiroshi Kamiya that even his fangirls couldn't stand that clearly couldn't voice act at all? She's part of Nogizaka46 and also a member of AKB48 and the expectation is that Sony is going to be milking that angle a lot more in the future.
>>
>>133951641

They also did the theme song for the movie and that was about all they were supposed to do but again got pulled in to do progressively more and more shilling for it as it performed well below expectations. It's still not going to make the 2 billion minimum they wanted but it should pass Ano Hana which it damn well should with triple the theater count and idol group boosted publicity.
>>
>>133951641

To be fair there's not a single thing about the 48 groups entire existence that isn't entirely scripted by Akimoto-P the creepy old producer that literally described himself as a puppet master Impressario and the girls his mannequins. Japan also put him in charge of planning the Olympics opening ceremony so I can't wait to see how the world reacts to AKB48. There's a petition to get him removed from the committee by people that argue he ruined Japanese music and will misrepresent Japanese culture to serve his own interests which he will, but I doubt it changes anything.
>>
>>133951814

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2013/02/01/music/akb48-members-penance-shows-flaws-in-idol-culture/#.VlU41narTb0

The whole ABK48 system is completely fucked and would probably be entirely illegal and fall under exploitation in just about an other country on the planet, but you know Japanese legal system. Roll those dice.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.