[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alien Nine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: gross.jpg (55 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
55 KB, 720x480
Just watched the show and read the entire manga.

What did /a/ think of alien nine?
>>
I'm trying to remember it honestly. I read it a few years back, but it's just jumbling together with Milk Closet.

I don't think I regret reading it or anything, its shock factor wasn't completely over the top or anything. I think I generally found their manga way too fast-paced. Like basically on fast-forward and couldn't really absorb it well enough. It would be a lot better if things didn't happen so quickly.

As for anything else I can remember, I think the yuri was probably a little excessive. It's just a jumble to be honest though.
>>
>>133916792
I agree, I enjoyed the story but the manga was too fast for me to really digest the story properly. It's a shame, the anime was great. If they had done a complete adaption it would have been one of my favorites. There wasn't that much yuri as I recall, not compared to more modern shows anyway.

Emulators was complete shit though.
>>
>>133916956
I actually find it quite rare for manga to have genuine pacing problems. Most of the time it can be compensated by actually trying to read slower or faster. Often, pacing problems are made much worse when its translated to anime, which I guess makes this series a bit odd.

I think Emulators left a bad taste in my mouth as well. As a whole I think the series had a lot more potential, but it wasn't really capitalized properly. Even though I don't really like the suffering type series by Mohiro Kitoh, I think he succeeds much better in general.
>>
Cool stuff. I think I liked the OVA more than the manga, even though it's inconclusive. That one scene where her Borg loses it and massacres all the aliens was absolutely fantastic. Might wanna check out Milk Closet, it's similar.
>>
>>133917096
Trying to read slowly and imagine the scenes as they would be in anime form improved it a lot, but overall the pace was still to fast, and most scenes failed to have the same impact as the anime.

Like >>133917221, I think the anime was much better than the manga. The anime added some really nice touches, especially Yuri's surreal dreams. I think the series is just much better suited to an anime format.
>>
>>133916564
Has no one else seen this?
>>
>>133918410
Pretty sure many have seen it, it's not that obscure. Haven't read the manga because people said the anime is better, sucks that it's so short. The biggest problem I had was that the main girl is just too much of a coward, it actually got annoying after some time and that says a lot.
>>
>>133916564
Only watched the anime. Found it very strange.
I didn't like the main character, that level of insecurity felt totally believable in the context of the show but I still didn't enjoy watching her.
Also having the symbiotic hat monsters shoot miles of flexible rebar into the other monsters was an utterly bizarre aesthetic choice.
>>
I liked it, wish we got more OVAs like this
>>
Rape and rape symbolism.
>>
It was alright, the ED elevated the experience for me quite a bit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.