[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the Cell Games the pinnacle of DBZ having everyone be well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
Having rewatched the Cell games recently, I can't help but realize how many awesome moments it has:

- Mr. Satan's debut as hilarious comic relief.

- All the major fighters show up, even Yamcha and Tien, in what would be the climax of their arc.

- Goku fights Cell at first testing his strength. We're tricked into thinking Goku would be the big hero again, but he backs down and suggests Gohan

- Android 16 blows himself up to try and beat Cell

- The Cell Jr's attack the heroes and we get to see every character fight.

- Mr. Satan saves the day by throwing 16's head to the battlefield and his speech/death motivates Gohan

- Gohan's SSJ2 transformation is beautiful

- Gohan punches Cell so hard he lets out 18, Cell blows himself up, Goku sacrifices himself to save the world.

- Trunks is killed, showing Vegeta's love for his son by his attack on Cell.

- Gohan's one-handed Kamehameha, along with Piccolo, Krillin, Yamcha and Tien fighting as well with their energy attacks was a fantastic finale.

Every character was well utilized. Its amazing. Nobody was left in the background. Even the humans got their moment of glory.
>>
Its probably the last time Toriyama cared about all the characters not named Goku and Vegeta.
>>
>>133916896
Both Vegeta and Goku were dead for over half of the Buu Saga.
>>
>>133916324

>QUICK! LETS ATTACK CELL ONE BY ONE...WITH AN HOUR IN BETWEEN!

This fucking trope... THIS FUCKING TROPE.
>>
>>133916324
Nope. Everyone acted like complete, absolute morons throughout the entire arc.
>>
>>133916324
>Gohan punches Cell so hard he lets out 18, Cell blows himself up, Goku sacrifices himself to save the world.
If He finish cell faster Goku and Future Trunks wouldnt died needlesly, instead he act like total retard with his newfound power.
>>
File: sZImFnbw_400x400.png (47 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
sZImFnbw_400x400.png
47 KB, 256x256
What made it so fucking bad ass was the build up , You had Vegeta's first time super sayin, Piccillo vs 17 , Trunks vs Perfect Cell , Not to mention the soundtrack was the best , obviously talking about my mean man Bruce Falcouner

https://youtu.be/vXvDqi9MN9E?t=8m32s
>>
>>133917827
skip to 8 min 32 for the bad ass part. It was at this moment cell was the absolute strongest in the universe. This moment he was Perfection.
>>
Tien holding down Cell's second form with his Tri-beam...amazing.

Everyone fighting and contributing. Well Yamcha got a hole through him but he did fight the Cell Jr's and shoot his energy blasts at Cell.
>>
>>133918201

Is it wrong that this is my favourite version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooS673vtNtQ
>>
>>133916896
What about present Trunks and Goten?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.