[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ping Pong the Animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ping-pong-the-animation.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ping-pong-the-animation.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
Did Smile throw the final match?
>>
yep
>>
>>133915661
i had been waiting to finish this for almost a year, to save for when i wanted to kill myself, and since /a/ doesn't talk about good anime I had been save until now.

fuck you
>>
china got the best ending

high school tournaments mean nothing
>>
I don't believe he did. The smiles in the photo were smiles of two players who played their best.
>>
>>133915743
Unless ping pong is your reason to life
>>
>>133915661
No.
The entire show, Smile was disappointed that his hero, Peco, had become weak. When Peco finally became strong enough to properly defeat Smile despite Peco's injuries, that made Smile happy that his hero was back.
>>
>>133915814
But don't you see the parallel between butterfly joe and his friend? Joe threw their match, and his friend with the injured knee went on to ping pong greatness while he fizzled out. Granted, Smile was only playing to pass time until he died, but he genuinely liked the sport.
>>
>>133915941
Of course. But Smile was rejecting that parallel. Letting Peco win would not have brought his hero back. Peco is the hero only because he is the strongest, and because he fought against all odds to win. Peco and Smile were in the exact same position as Butterfly Joe and Kazama, yet the outcome was entirely different. That was the whole point of the parallel.
>>
>>133916060
I suppose that does make sense
>>
>>133915941
That was a red herring. It makes you think that it's going to be a history repeats itself ending but it's not.
>>
>>133916060
Never thought about it that way anon. Thanks for the input
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.