[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shokugeki no Soma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (502 KB, 883x1300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
502 KB, 883x1300
Is it me or have the amount of people who read this series decreased? I mean for me I've gottten soured out with this series ever since the shitty Azami and Erina turning into a damsel in distress plot. The Eizan subplot has been aggravating as fuck.

I don't what to say but ever since Azami came into play this series turned to shit.
>>
I have it on hold, can't stand the awful current writing,
>>
>>133905452
The Azami arc turned the series in a bit of a weird direction. Some parts feel anti-climactic. On top of that, the faggotry and shitposting in SnS threads have made it really hard to stay and have any decent discussion.
>>
It will likely go back to how it was once this Azami/Erina arc is over. I just want my fun cooking manga back.
>>
>>133905851
>On top of that, the faggotry and shitposting in SnS threads have made it really hard to stay and have any decent discussion.
Yeah, I don't even mind the current arc, but the threads are intolerable.
>>
>>133905452
Considering how long the 1st year has been dragged out, I can see this ending somewhere in Soma's 2nd year.
>>
File: Souma_Yukihira_Manga_HD.png (867 KB, 869x816) Image search: [Google]
Souma_Yukihira_Manga_HD.png
867 KB, 869x816
>>133905452
I don't get why people don't like the Azami arc. It's just more of people taking cooking WAY too seriously, which is a big part of what makes this manga so appealing. It's a world where cooking is everything, and it's cool to escape there. This arc reminds of the giganigga "arc", which was probably the best part of the whole damn manga so far. Let's not forget that we now get to look foward to:

>Eizan getting BTFO
>Erina finding out about souma's dad
>Erina going into uncharted dere territories as she makes friends
>Azami getting BTFO
>Joichiro and Dojima badassery
>Rindou foodgasm scene (there's no way she's not gonna taste souma's dish for the current shokugeki. Tosh has been waiting to use that design)

I feel like /a/ is the only place where people aren't liking this arc
>>
I'm reading it. But I don't have desire to disscus it until this shit arc ends.
>>
I dropped it when edgedad showed up, but I only started reading when the anime started, so I don't really matter.
>>
>>133905452
The shtick wore thin for me. Also skewer me if you want, but I firmly believe this series is better presented in anime form.
>>
I didn't think the current arc was too bad, until the Eizan subplot began. No matter what the result of the shokugeki is, I can't imagine a feasible way to justify the outcome. If Soma wins, it'll be through plot armor. If he loses, Soma gets expelled, meaning a bad end. Considering the residents of PSD resisted Eizan's thugs, his loss could spell expulsion for them as well. Only the other E10 and Azami have enough authority to put a stop to the shokugeki. Azami has no reason to save Soma. Erina is in hiding, Kuga is MIA, Isshiki is MIA, and Rindo is watching from the sidelines, meaning the four people who might care about Soma at all can or will do nothing. Anyone else saving Soma, such as Jouichiro and Gin, would be an asspull. I hope I'm just being closed minded, because I still have some hope that I'm wrong and that there is a perfectly good conclusion for this shokugeki.
Anyway, unless the series gets unbearably bad, I'll probably stick with this series to the end. Like >>133906955 said, I look forward to Erina finding out about Soma's dad and her making friends.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.