[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly don't understand why so many people were so angry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Evangelion.3.0..jpg (3 MB, 2884x4089) Image search: [Google]
Evangelion.3.0..jpg
3 MB, 2884x4089
I honestly don't understand why so many people were so angry about this. It obviously is nowhere close to NGE or EoE in terms of themes and character development and the plot can get a bit nonsensical at times (i.e. the whole "let's not spend one minute explaining shinji shit") but it was honestly a movie I could easily enjoy: the animation was pretty good, I loved the design of the new evas (especially 08 and four armed 13, hated that fucking tiger-like eva 02) and the whole section with Kaworu and Shinji bonding wasn't really bad imo. And yes I understand that the new evas and Mari are just a way to sell figures, waifu pillows and whatnot but that's not something that really bothers me, maybe Mari's presence will finally make sense in the last movie (Didn't we get some backstory in a manga or some shit? Is that stuff canon?). Maybe it's because I had very low expectations but I liked it, it was a giant robot flick with an NGE-ish feel to it, am I the only one? I'd just like to get some insight on what you all think.
>>
>>133893836
>I honestly don't understand why so many people were so angry about this.

>It obviously is nowhere close to NGE or EoE in terms of themes and character development and the plot can get a bit nonsensical at times

There you go.
When I see people dislike the movie, they are not angry, just disappointed. Some fanboys might get mad, but most regular fans are just "meh". I saw this it nearly everywhere once the film got subbed.
You like Kaworu and Shinji fujo pandering: good for you. Not everyone has your taste.
>>
>>133894208
First of all thanks for your input, that's really what I wanted to know, wether everyone was actually mad or just disappointed.
As for Shinji and Kaworu no, It's not like I liked it or wanted it, I just thought it was a better progression for the movie than whatever the fuck was happening on the Wunder interaction-wise
>>
>>133893836

It's literally the Phantom Menace of anime.
>>
>>133894676
I don't think 3.0 is nearly as painful to look at, visually speaking
>>
It was definitely better than 2.22 which panders directly to SoL/harem/waifu fags
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
>3 years ago you were shitposting in a 3.0 thread waiting for the camrip

Fuck man I remember when we were expecting 4.0 at the end of 2013, where does the time go?
>>
File: 1360123599758.jpg (101 KB, 832x536) Image search: [Google]
1360123599758.jpg
101 KB, 832x536
>>133894208
>You like Kaworu and Shinji fujo pandering: good for you. Not everyone has your taste.
I'm not Op, but I was a disappointed fujo.
Since previous rebuilds had a lot of focus on Poka Poka Rei and Asuka, I was expecting the same treatment with Kaworu. I over-hyped Rebuld after watching the trailer, thinking it would be more than Kaworu telling comforting vague things to Shinji all over again. I thought that after the second movie Shinji will take more active position but Anno returned it to status quo. At least we got more expressive distressed Kaworu.

https://youtu.be/HBBkIVUHhYg
>>
File: 1357172658861.jpg (98 KB, 335x550) Image search: [Google]
1357172658861.jpg
98 KB, 335x550
>>133895003
Those over 333 threads, man.
We even created calling manga Kaworu Karl and other memes there that got spread all over the internet.
>>
>>133895197
it's just crazy, i couldn't believe it's been 3 years when i checked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRtThZYr27s
>>
I'm seriously tired of Evangelion. I just want the final Rebuild to be out so I could be done with anime and never look back.
>>
File: end.jpg (80 KB, 530x750) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
80 KB, 530x750
>>133895435
And we got one divided into few parts by those Mexican anons
>>
>>133893836
>I honestly don't understand why so many people were so angry about this
Nonsense, you just deny it.

3.33 represents the destruction of what could have been a proper movie remake.

The story is bad.
The plot is horrendous.
The characters have no depth and no development.
Everything is extremely forced.
The movie is more concerned about downplaying and degrading characters or glorifying them all depending on who the director(s) likes most.

If you don't accept the above, you never tried to understand.
>>
>>133895102
You fujos are fucking retarded.

>I was expecting the same treatment with Kaworu.
You got that and more. You got so much more it ended up ruining everything else.

Can your greed and degeneracy never be sated? Hello? They literally destroyed Evangelion so you could have your shitty pandering, if you somehow think you didn't get pandered to then there's just one way out for you, through a tightly knit noose.
>>
>>133896545
You are the retarded one though.
Try reread my post again.
I didn't want to be pandered I wanted Kaworu to get a better characterization.
>>
>>133895197
>We even created calling manga Kaworu Karl

I never understood the "Karl" thing. Was there a reason for picking that name?
>>
>>133896980
I read it.
Here's what I read:
>Since previous rebuilds had a lot of focus on Poka Poka Rei and Asuka, I was expecting the same treatment with Kaworu.

You got that, AND more. You got so much more than you could reasonably expect.

Tell me, in what world is it "reasonable" or "OK" to have acharacter that was in ONE episode, occupy a whole 1/4th of an entire story?

That's like making a new EVA TV-series and having six kaworu episodes straight with nobody else. That's insane.

You're greedy. If you're disappointed after the enormous amount of pandering you got (that by the way, ruined Rebuild), it's insane.
>>
>>133896980
>>133895102
The original NGE had focus on all the characters, except Kaworu. He was never a good character or a well-developed one, he was a plot device and nothing more. So of course the previous Rebuilds had focus on the other characters, and for the time it did, we actually had a working story. Kaworu had already gotten more than he should have had before 3.0, being forced in 1.0 (BEFORE ASUKA!!!) and 2.0.

Because you're such a shallow fanbase, all they had to do was to kill the other characters and make a dumb plotline that panders Kaworu and Shinji together.

Also don't give me that "oh no I'm disappointed now", ZERO of you were disappointed when 3.0 came out, you were all happy as all hell and you still are. It's only now you have to accept/feign some disappointment because people have been telling you over and over again that your pandering ruined everything for everyone else, even yourselves despite 96% of you being too dumb to understand why. It's just damage control.

You have literally nothing complain about because if Rebuild had taken itself seriously, Kaworu would have had NO SCREENTIME (yes, NONE AT ALL) even after 3.0. He'd be introduced in the beginning of 4.0 and killed off before the half-way point was reached, leaving the latter half to finish the real characters.
>>
>>133897056
>>133896980
Seriously answer me.

How is what you wanted not inherently detrimental to EVA as a story?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.