[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly IS a full metal panic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
What exactly IS a full metal panic?
>>
An overrated series.

I couldn't get into the series to be quite frankly. The comedy and the seriousness of the actions scenes featuring Sosuke were too contrasting.

Throw in the fact that I hate Chidori.
>>
>>133885991
chuunishit
>>
Overrated shit.
>>
>>133885991
VN adaptation from when VNs were more than just magic school battle harems.
>>
>>133886028

I'm mad.
>>
>>133886028
>>133886067
>>133886154
samefagging at its finest.
>>
>>133886266
>6 / 0 / 7 / 1
>>
>>133885991
Overrated romcom with mecha.
>>
>>133885991
>What exactly IS a full metal panic?

A jack of all trades show. A pretty good beginners anime I'd say (as in nothing too wierd is going on).
>>
>>133885991
The name is an homage to Full Metal Jacket, a famous war movie that Japan loves. The panic is probably because of the school shenanigans angle of the story.
>>
>>133886028
>>133886154
>>133886286

These.
>>
>>133885991
>What exactly IS a full metal panic?

It's a reference to Sousuke.
Someone that's full metal is determined and stubborn in their convictions. He is thrown into an unfamiliar situation and that's where the "panic" part comes in.
>>
>people call FMP overrated to sound cool

It's not even regarded as amazing or top anime material. It's just generally well liked.

If you want overrated you look at stuff like EVA, not FMP.
>>
A generic love triangle with an obvious end. And the first season is so horrible, even its fans ignore it. No idea why it is so popular.
>>
>>133886832
>No idea why it is so popular.

Decent comedy-action show with some likeable characters.

Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>133886884

But the show isn't decent. As I said, the first season was horrible. It only god 'good' when it became a comedy. Which the original novels weren't trying to be.

And the characters are likable? Not the show I watched.
>>
>>133886908
So basically, opinions? Wow.
>>
>>133886908
>But the show isn't decent. As I said, the first season was horrible.

You must be incredibly spoiled with your anime if you regrd FMP as horrible.
I mean really, rating it like a 3 or 4 out of 10? I'm really curious what handful of amazing anime you've otherwise watched to rate it so low.
>>
>>133886884

Below average in comedy, decent in action, Overall it is meh. Probably rate it a 6/10 when it was all said and done.

Could have been better if Sousuke had a personality.
>>
>>133885991
A Full Metal Jacket reference.
>>
File: what_sakura2.jpg (63 KB, 400x478) Image search: [Google]
what_sakura2.jpg
63 KB, 400x478
>>133886989

Or maybe you've seen little anime if you consider the first season of FMP to be one of the better things out there.
>>
>>133887037
>Could have been better if Sousuke had a personality.

Part of the point of the show is that he's young Rambo that gets character development via Chidori.
He is also there for comedy relief as the fish out of water.

While not an amazing character, he serves his purpose.
>>
>>133887065
>Or maybe you've seen little anime if you consider the first season of FMP to be one of the better things out there.

So you translate "decent" to "one of the better things out there"?

You're either illiterate or delusional.
>>
>>133886908
It's actually pretty good by schlocky melodrama standards. Doesn't stop it from being schlocky melodrama though.
>>
>>133887037
>if Sousuke had a personality.
But he did. Did you even watch it? Or do you think
>personality I don't like = no personality
>>
How do people overlook the glaring fact that Gauron is not some unstoppable superhuman villain, Mithril is simply grossly incompetent?

That shit was honestly dumb as fuck.
>>
File: smug.png (611 KB, 780x720) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
611 KB, 780x720
>>133887101

Just like you changed my original statement about the first season being bad as a generalization of the whole show.
>>
>>133887112

Exactly. The Good Wife or Elementary is good for a typical prime time periodical drama. Doesn't stop it from being a typical periodical drama.
>>
>>133887162
>Just like you changed my original statement about the first season being bad as a generalization of the whole show.

I didn't change a thing.

I replied to someone saying " I have no idea why it's so popular" with that it's "Decent comedy-action show with some likeable characters".

You then said "But the show isn't decent. As I said, the first season was horrible."
To which I replied where I'm amazed at the fact you think it's "horrible".
Meaning you think it's below 5/10 material.

After that you began to sperg out.

Look I get it, you don't want to admit that you fucked up and acted like a retard, but just stop replying instead of ridiculing yourself further.
>>
>>133885991
It's a shit show tbh fam
>>
File: ng.jpg (48 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
ng.jpg
48 KB, 600x375
>>133885991
A panic that's absolutely metal.
>>
It's good and it'll only get better with the new anime. One of the few series that does not decline in quality with length and manages to land a satisfying ending.
>>
Infinite Stratos without haremcrap. So less shitty.
>>
>>133886028
This is true. A lot of the things Sousuke did were a bit too over the top. Installing an EMP emitting satellite on the roof of the school that could blow up everyone's phones and dismantling the teacher's car required a lot of suspension of disbelief. I had to pretend those scenes never happened to be able to continue with the show.

I still liked FMP and TSR in despite all of that, though.
>>
I watch anime cause it's fun.
I like this show cause it's fun.
OP/ED songs are fun.
yeah it's fun.
>>
>>133887160
To be fair, he managed to survive enough bullshit I wouldn't be surprised if he still turned up in some side story. Mythril might be incompetent at times, but the guy was pretty much immortal.
>>
>>133887506
Haven't seen this around for a long time.
>>
>>133885991
A pretty funnoffu series
>>
>>133885991
The worst anime of 2016.
>>
>>133885991

When you are full of panic and you're metal as fuck
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.