[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 0921838812858123.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
0921838812858123.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
imoutos are not for starving and suffering
finally decided to go though Ghibli's most important works apart from Mononoke, why does Miyazaki hates fun and life so much?
>>
While it might not be your purpose, this is obviously not done by Miyazaki.
>>
>>133879976
>Miyazuki
Newfag thinks that every ghibli film is made by the same guy
>>
>>133881204
*Miyazaki Sorry typo
>>
It's actually a shameless movie. You should watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TuvoRVR2FY
>>
>>133879976
It's not Myazaki and Only Yesterday is their best film.
>>
>>133879976
>why does Miyazaki hates fun and life so much?

>>/trash/
>>
>>133881251

>There's no point to the story
>They don't learn anything
>Dialogue doesn't drive the plot
>It has no stated moral

Why do idiots make video reviews?
>>
>>133881251
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TuvoRVR2FY
funny thing is that all his arguments that he uses to deconstruct this anime and why he doesn't like it could also be arguments why it was good.

it still felt more like a movie you would show to a middle school history class after heaving delt with WWII for the Xth time
>>
>>133881478
He's right though, movie was bad.
>>
>what I watched
Grave of the Fireflies
>what I expected
war sucks
>what I got
teenagers suck
>>
>>133882293
>argument is literally just agreeing with the video
>>
Takahata is better than Miyazaki you utter pleb
>>
>>133882293

He got many details about the novel wrong and believes Takahata used the novel for ethically questionable purposes that exploited the novel's author despite Nosaka and him being in agreement with each other and his documented understanding of the novel, which makes half of his argument fall apart and makes him look like a fat bitch.

I like how he states Seita is bland and has no characters, but go on how to describe how he's distinguished by his pride and is just upset he didn't let go of it. He says "dialogue doesn't move the plot", but his discovery of his father being most likely dead is what pushes him, and thus Setsuko, further into an imaginary world - he's a kid who withdraws from difficult situations. Actions drive the plot like how their mother's death changes the sibling's relationship earlier as Seita acts as her guardian. He's just a very shallow movie watcher despite having the appearance of "intelligence" to dumbasses for using "verisimilitude" or something.
>>
>>133882293
>one of the most highly praised anti war films
>bad

Anon, just because a fat neckbeard tells you it's bad you shouldn't parrot his ignorant opinion.
>>
>>133882939
>anti-war
Your own ignorance is showing.
>>
>>133882939
It's a good film but many westerners probably have trouble empathizing with some of the traditional eastern themes that were explored.
>>
>finding a dead body while playing at the beach
>firefly squashed/die after one night
>candy box gets empty
>diarrhea
>doctor tells him that she is practically dead
all those deathflags and I thought this is about the boy sacrificing his life so that his little sister could be saved
>>
>>133881251
I only agree with the part about the death montage being unnecessary. Though I don't think it's nearly as egregious to do this sort of thing as he does.
>>
>>133883184

Especially given how it was also insight into what she was doing when Seita was away, not simply a montage of what we already knew.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.