[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>trapped in a kill-or-be-killed survival game >mc refuses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: BTOOOM - 02 (3).jpg (51 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
BTOOOM - 02 (3).jpg
51 KB, 854x480
>trapped in a kill-or-be-killed survival game
>mc refuses to kill so people just end up continuously self destructing and he wins by default
>every other person becomes a rapist and/or cannibal
>all girls are either rape fodder, suspension bridge romances, or manipulative sluts (aka real women)

Has there every been a good death game manga that doesn't follow this template?
>>
Kamisama no Iutoori Ni

Guy knows he's going to have to kill these people eventually but does all he can to keep them around for as long as he can.
>>
>>133876139
7 seeds backstory arc
>>
>i like edgy anime/manga
>but not too edgy
>>
Yes there has been Op and several of them quite good but telling you of such manga does not benefit me in the slightest.
>>
>>133876139
Not many, the easiest way to preserve your protagonist's status as the 'good guy' in a last person standing scenario is to have everyone else kill each other or die to their own stupidity while the MC just fights to stay alive while never actually killing anyone.

As for the rapist/cannibal situation, well those things are simply a very easy way of cheaply raising the stakes and making everyone else seem even worse, thereby making the protag look even more upstanding by comparison.

As for the girls, well its common for most societies to more easily accept women as victims than offenders/bad guys so genuine female 'bad guys' are rare in most mediums. The only well established archetype for bad females is the manipulator (oddly this is actually quite a stark contrast from reality, where the most common method through which women are known to commit homicide is by murdering their husbands/boyfriends who were abusing and manipulating THEM (or cheating on and manipulating them, or sometimes just because they were a psychopath), usually by stabbing or beating them to death with some kind of weapon).

There is a well known concept in Criminology known as the 'Victim Paradox' basically, people who society sees as the most ideal victims/most often victimized are actually the LEAST likely to become victims of a violent crime. In reality men are far more likely to be killed, assaulted, robbed, threatened or otherwise victimized violently than women (with the sole exception of sexual assault, which is the second least common violent crime after homicide).

In short, good luck finding many series like that because societal and cultural views make creating the type of show you don't want much easier and more palatable to the masses.
>>
>>133877171
I want a series where nobody plays the death game and finds a really easy way to disable their bomb collars or whatever and then the gamemaster dude is all like

"Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. what do i do now"

A comedy oneshot where some dude tries to make a death game but all his traps never work and are always like 7 seconds off would be really funny
>>
Season two never.
>>
>>133877461
You can't honestly want one.
BTOOOM was fucking awful.
>>
>>133877171
This anon know what's up.
>>
>>133877504
It really wasn't and theres so much more good material to animate from the manga
God i pray for a few more seasons
>>
>>133877504
I watched the English dub for this one and it wasn't so bad, I actually enjoyed this one. Might rewatch sub at a later time. I guess I watched some awful anime before that it dulled me. Also Taira-san did nothing wrong.
>>
>>133877624
I loved how the girl was sent to the island for not being raped alongside her friends
>>
>>133877171

>most societies to more easily accept women as victims than offenders

Battle Royal had a girl having sex with guys, then killing them when their guard was down.
>>
>>133876186
Only the first part was good, the second part with the new MC and super powers sucked hard.
>>
>>133877169
Not OP, but stop being a lying faggot, nips canĀ“t do death game, hell even hunger games is better than the shit nips shit out.
>>
>>133877844
that's not even a good tool for establishing a female antagonist all it does is make me ashamed for owning a penis like those stupid sacks of shit that got killed
>>
>>133876139
Gantz.
>>
>>133877920
I remember reading that Jinrou game manga and they had these radio controlled death collars that would go off if someone broke the rules
but they also had a kitchen with a microwave

I spent that entire manga so angry that nobody used the microwave to short out the collars.
I literally punched a wall it was so frustrating
>>
>>133877504
I still read the manga. It's at the perfect margin of terrible and yet amusing.

On topic, while I could probably come up with something that doesn't follow, that doesn't make it good. Most death games just end up wetting the bed.
>>
>>133876139
Mirai Nikki doesn't really follow that.
>>
>>133877974
I have no clue if I should blame the editor or the writer. Seems like they are just too detached from reality, making up these dumb characters that are no more but basic carbon copy of one set archetype. The morally beta faggot that want everyone to win and so on.
>>
>>133877929

Yeah seeing as it's a death game, and only one person will live. It makes no sense to ever let your guard down around someone. Still 15 year olds tend to think more with their dick. Either way it's odd for people who are mentally stable prior to the game, to become psychopaths the moment they are given free license to.
>>
The worst is that King's Game manga where everyone is ordering girls to be netorared and vice versa. And then one "kingdom" took all the female members and locked them in a room humiliated them and when their turn for being king would come up they would starve and dehydrate them so they couldn't give orders
>>
>>133877799
lol bullshit friends.
>>
>>133878243
for real though the male MC was beating on his mom and stepdad while being addicted to online FPS' everyday so he got sent to the island

Female lead just literally ran away from being raped and got sent to the island
>>
File: BTOOOM-Oda-Aiko-Sex.png (646 KB, 900x505) Image search: [Google]
BTOOOM-Oda-Aiko-Sex.png
646 KB, 900x505
>btooom!
>have crush on nerdy girl
>tell your best friend about it
>come into school the next day
>nerdy girl crying
>best friend walks up to you
>best friend: "I fucked her"

why did they introduce ntrguy after 8 volumes of vanilla
>>
>>133878492
It's just funny how terrible it is.
>>
>>133878538
yeah the mangaka thinks bombs are just bullets with added fireworks
>>
>>133878030
Mirai Nikki is more like:
>trapped in a kill-or-be-killed survival game
>mc refuses to kill so Yuno kills them instead
>>
>>133878492
why did the friend do it?
>>
>>133876139
Not exactly a manga but the Secret Game - Killer Queen- VN series dont follow that template
>>
>>133878721
to teach mc a lesson on being a man
>>
File: btooom-3013163.jpg (138 KB, 800x1160) Image search: [Google]
btooom-3013163.jpg
138 KB, 800x1160
>>133878721
Just because.
It was basically his version of telling MC he's indecisive but he was little excessive about it
>>
File: btooom-3013171.jpg (105 KB, 800x1157) Image search: [Google]
btooom-3013171.jpg
105 KB, 800x1157
>>133878877
>>133878825
didn't work and made him a domestic violencing NEET
>>
>>133878086
Well, given the overall context for battle royale. I don't really think any of them would be the exact same "mentally stable" that we would think.
>>
>>133878916
worth a shot
>>
I even read the raws and bitch STILL hasn't been raped yet. Titty slobbering doesn't count.
>>
>>133878492
I was going to pick btoom up
thanks for the warning
>>
>>133876139
>manipulative sluts (aka real women)
Go back to /r9k/, Elliott.
>>
>>133879066
>mc gonna dick her
>can't because "she's shivering"
>>
>>133879099
No I meant what /a/ calls realistic women is "manipulative slut" not the other way around
>>
File: e017.jpg (163 KB, 720x1128) Image search: [Google]
e017.jpg
163 KB, 720x1128
Pic related but only because everyone has super powers and the guy with a shit power bought a machine gun
>>
what about the future diary?
>>
Darwin's game. It's worth a shot.
>>
>>133877504
OP was great
>>
>>133876139
I want to say Darwins game buuuuuuuut
>>
>>133876139
>Has there every been a good death game manga
Should be your question. And the answer is no.
>>
File: 00018.jpg (274 KB, 800x1212) Image search: [Google]
00018.jpg
274 KB, 800x1212
>>133876139
Thanks for making me want to re-read this you fuck.
>>
>>133879540
You should give the novel a shot.
>>
>>133878086

There's precedent; The Stanford Prison Experiment may have been lacking in rigor, but power and a lack of oversight pulls the worst out of people.

I think it would be rather funny to see a series where the group ignores the gamemaster and it becomes a chill "survivor-esque" slice of life, because the gamemaster gets absolutely nothing out of it if everyone dies round one from disobedience.
>>
>>133878086
>Either way it's odd for people who are mentally stable prior to the game, to become psychopaths the moment they are given free license to.

functioning members of society can be psychopaths who make a cost-benefit calculation and decide that it's better to follow society's rules.

in other words, what you perceive as mentally stable just means people not acting on psychopathic impulses they always had.
>>
Has the manga for btoom gotten close to finishing?
>>
>>133880732
Currently, they attempted getting off the island, they had a reasonable shot at it. Failed, and now it's back to killing each other. I would hope it won't continue for more than a volume or two. There's some outside shit happening and ending soon would be nice.
>>
>>133877171
>the only well established archetype for bad females is the manipulator (oddly this is actually quite a stark contrast from reality,

Nigga you crazy if you think women being manipulative is a "stark contrast from reality".
>>
>>133880969

Read the whole thing.

Stats say their MO is being violent.
>>
>>133880881
They have less than 24 hours before a victor is decided or everyone is killed, I think? Don't see it ending soon though. The author is going ham with these back stories now.
>>
File: 1409119224494.png (134 KB, 1240x1150) Image search: [Google]
1409119224494.png
134 KB, 1240x1150
>>133881022
Yeah, for killing men they've already known for years, and which they live with. I fail to see how that would translate well into a death game.

I agree with his other points though, men are usually the killers but they're also usually the victims.
>>
>>133881104
I'm surprised there's so many more male homicides. The rest are pretty obvious, but why homicides?
>>
>>133881104
This picture should include suicide attempts too.
Just to make a point.
>>
>>133880881
Does himeko know the mc is the guy online? Have they gotten together yet?
>>
Nice rec thread. Yes, plenty.
>>
>>133881156
Probably gangs.
>>
>>133881156
It's much easier for a man to hit and fight another man than to hit a woman(psychologically not physically), which means there's going to be a lot more male on male conflicts, and a part of these conflicts will escalate.
>>
>>133876139

This makes me wish imawa no kuni no alice was longer.
>>
>>133876139
>all girls are either rape fodder, suspension bridge romances, or manipulative sluts (aka real women)
>>>/pol/
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>133878492
Are you fucking stupid? It's a shitty backstory, why the fuck do you care about that?

Jesus christ you faggots are annoying, stop being so insecure. Stop projecting into manga
>>
>>133876139
>or manipulative sluts (aka real women)

who hurt you like this anon
>>
>>133884206
It's his problem, not yours.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.