[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Texhnolyze
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: TexhnolyzeRan1600.png (3 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
TexhnolyzeRan1600.png
3 MB, 1600x1200
Just finished this.

Fuck man, I don't even know what to think right now. I don't even know if I enjoyed watching this. I just feel sort of empty.

How did you feel about Texhnolyze, /a/?
>>
Well I know I enjoyed it but empty is also how I felt after it was over. Didn't cry or anything like others have, just felt hollow inside. I also really liked it straight from episode 1 which surprised me a fair bit as every single person had warned me it would be boring as fuck for the first few episodes.

Been a few years since I watched so I wouldn't know what details to go into, but I still consider it pretty much the best series I've ever seen, be it anime or live-action western TV.
>>
File: FrNK7.png (48 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
FrNK7.png
48 KB, 1600x600
>>
>>133866701
That's exactly how I felt. I didn't cry or have any type of external reaction to the ending, I just felt hollow, as you put it. I know that it was really well-made in basically every single regard; animation, storytelling, sound design, all that shit was great. I would never watch this series again though, I don't think I could put myself through that.
>>
Every texh thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2REZSj4XnE
>>
File: BYZDR0TCUAEEpeB.jpg large.jpg (38 KB, 440x588) Image search: [Google]
BYZDR0TCUAEEpeB.jpg large.jpg
38 KB, 440x588
Hamasaki's magnum opus, Ueda and Konaka's best work on a series together.
>>
>>133866147
That's literally how I felt. Shit is fucking weird man
>>
>>133866147
why does this show have to start out so slow. It's so hard to force myself to get past the first couple episdoes when I want to so bad.
>>
>>133866982
Yeah I don't think I would either, not for a long time at least. Maybe like 10 or 20 years down the line where I'd have forgotten so much it'd be like a fresh experience again.

Ironically I found this series to be so good it kind of ruined anime for me. The characters felt so real and believable despite the crazy setting, the story gave just the right amount of information to keep you intrigued and never felt like it was loading you with needless exposition. It all just felt so natural. And these are things I think most shows suck at. They lack subtlety. No case of "show, don't tell". I just can't help but compare most things I watch to Texhnolyze and they always fall short, and then I can't convince myself to keep watching so I just drop it.
>>
it was so hard to get through the first 12ish episodes, i really don't know what made me keep coming back. but by the time it was over, i really felt hollow ad well. it was like a vine that spent 19 episodes creeping up a tree, and then the last three episodes, it just bloomed into a depressingly beautiful flower. one of the better endings in anime. has a good dub.
>>
>>133867646
Konaka deserves a lot of credit for the world he helped build in Texhnolyze. 2 cour really helped him realize the setting and apply a lot of his Lovecraft boner to the show, be it in Lux or the surface world--I get a sense that characters like Yoshii, Sakimura, and Kano are exemplary of that.
>>
>>133871661

i always thought that this was directed by nakamura, where does konata take that inspiration?
>>
>>133867184

he directed well but i think most of the credit goes to konata, since it was hamasaki who made the storyboards for ep 1-2
>>
>>133872770
Konaka's the writer, Hamasaki's the director, and are you really asking where Konaka gets the inspiration for his "Lovecraft boner"? Are you not a native English speaker?
>>
The first time I finished it, I just took a 30-40 minute shower and went to bed. It completely destroyed me for that day.
>>
>>133872919

>Are you not a native English speaker?

no

>Hamasaki's the director

i mentioned nakamura since texhnolyze felt like lain to me, but i suppose i was because konata

>"Lovecraft boner"

i have never read lovecraft, so konata is always inspired by lovecraft
>>
>>133866147
Congrats, you made it. You're no longer a pleb, you're now a conceited elitist prick like the rest of us with good taste.
>>
>>133873103
>Konata writing Texhnolyze
This would be interesting.
>>
>>133866147
I cried. And then I felt numb for 30 minutes and went straight to watching Lain. It was a weird day.
>>
>>133873295

he did, didn´t he?
>>
Strange that people like this show "in spite of" the first episode. The first episode is fantastic.

I guess it's nice that texhnolyze can be appreciated even by plebs like /a/.
>>
File: 1445808088144.jpg (150 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1445808088144.jpg
150 KB, 1252x1252
>Tfw everyone including Ran gets raped at one point

This show didn't even make it a huge point, they just casually drop it in and then never say anthing about it afterwards. Ran didn't deserve that.
>>
Up until Yoshii died was god-tier, then it got pretty boring up until they made it to the surface and that's when the depression starts.
>>
File: 1436452215540.png (123 KB, 679x352) Image search: [Google]
1436452215540.png
123 KB, 679x352
>>133873387
I don't remember Ran getting raped. Did I gloss over that?

>>133873345
>>
File: 1417325085989.jpg (24 KB, 389x255) Image search: [Google]
1417325085989.jpg
24 KB, 389x255
>>133873441
>>
>>133873552
Is that because of Konata or because I don't remember Ran being raped? I saw this a bit over two years ago, in my defense.
>>
>>133873441
It was a very quick thing that kind of had double meaning. The big bad was looking over the city and said he'd "make love to the city" or something along those lines.

Ran is the city so yeah, he probably raped her.
>>
>>133873615

it was because konata, i don´t remeber she being raped, but you can assume she was based on the scene she was supposed to be captured, but i don´t see the point story-wise so i don´t think is true
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmkDdIbUZhw

daily reminder
>>
>>133873974
Texhnolyze rivals Berserk for best dub outtakes.
>>
>>133873974
>"Damn you! You're nothing but a tease!
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.