[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he right /a/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: Light_yagami_and_ryuk.png (544 KB, 491x715) Image search: [Google]
Light_yagami_and_ryuk.png
544 KB, 491x715
Was he right /a/?
>>
He was right. L was wrong. His dad was wrong.
>>
>>133859821
No, he was Light.
>>
>>133859886

You are neither funny, clever or witty.
Please end your life, you blight om society.
>>
Killing people who don't deserve to live is a good thing, so yes.
>>
>>133859821
He was given a tool for murder and tried to make the world better with it. About as right as any great person in history that tried to reshape the world in their vision by subjugating others to it.
>>
Yeah he was, regardless of what a y jackals society pawn here says. He took down world crime by 70%
>>
>>133861852
So you're saying he Did Nothing Wrong
>>
>>133859989

>om

Such is the failings of the Plebeian.
>>
>>133859821
>>133859886

No, he was Raito.
>>
>>133862120
Literally Hitler
>>
>>133859821
Author intent is more interesting than reader impression.
>>
>>133859821
He was right, but got too arrogant eventually and that's what ended him.
>>
>>133861852
Akumetsu did it better.
>>
>>133859821
>If we killed everyone who did anything wrong, we'd solve all of society's problems
What a genius!
>>
>>133862858
No problem maker = no problem itself. Seems right
>>
When you think deeply about it, you'll realize there's no such thing as "good" or "bad" in these situations; the only thing that matters is being victorious.
>>
>>133863802
Lowering world crime rating by 70% is pretty good however you look at it.
>>
>>133864054
I guess you're right, I was thinking from the Light's perspective, not society's.
>>
>>133862915
This has been attempted by every fascist state in human history. Yet they still had crime and internal strife, because most people commit crimes on impulse. Without considering the legal consequences, they act undeterred when drunk and murdering somebody.

Also Light's methodology for identifying criminals was flawed. It was based on NEWS REPORTS. He killed anyone who got their mugs flashed on the evening news, and required them to keep doing so under the threat of genocide. He did nothing to determine actual guilt, and never bothered checking if the media was deliberately lying to Kira. He also assumed that all police arrests were valid. If a police department knew that anyone they arrested would get struck down by their new god, wouldn't they adjust their actions? Either by arresting less people, or skipping the whole evidence-gathering process and just arrest people they don't like. Remember, Light has a degree in criminal justice!

If you can't figure out why society needs a justice system in 2015, then you are literally 12.
>>
>>133864054
In reality, no society faced an actual 70% drop in crime as a result of instant death-penalties. Because every police state in existence still had terrible crime problems- because most criminals don't consider the consequences when acting
>>
Light proved that people really are retarded. Nobody had a philosophical leg to stand on in his way of thinking and actions. Literally L just said "its evil so I must stop u" and near and Mellor just wanted revenge for L's death they didn't case for human justice. Only Light cared about humanity
>>
>>133864368
>This has been attempted by every fascist state in human history.
Except fascist states didn't fight against actual criminals.
>>
>>133864470
>In reality, no society faced an actual 70% drop in crime as a result of instant death-penalties
What does reality has to do with manga plot? We are talking about the plot we have.
>>
>>133864580
L didn't go after Light because Light was evil
L just got bored
>>
>>133859821
Killing criminals? yes
Becoming God and killing everyone who oppose him? no
>>
>>133864977
The thing is, he wouldn't be able to continue to kill criminals if he wouldn't have killed his pursuers.
>>
>>133864470
I think the theory goes that it's not the severity of punishment that works but rather it's inevitability. While your average criminal has a good idea that he might not get caught at all, being struck down by a deity is magnitudes more scary. That's why religion has such a strong effect irl despite being what it is, a system of beliefs.
>>
>>133864470
But Light didn't establish some police state, it was only him and his note.
>>
>>133859821
No.

The entire point of the series was to showcase he wasn't.
>>
>there are people alive RIGHT NOW that think light was benevolent
they should be shot in the street
>>
>>133866587
did they explain why he wasn't?
>>
>>133867015
That really depends on how you view the morality in the series. He wasn't benevolent if you view it as black and white. It doesn't look black and white to me though
>a guy that has strong sense of justice and ambitions to spare
>a very loyal guy with strong devotion
>airhead bitch that thinks she's hot shit
>some freak from a freakshow that solves crimes out of boredom and to exercise his freak brain
>two more freaks from the freak show that act out of their own issues and are even more morally ambiguous, up to the point of working with criminals
To me it seems that they could've all switched places at will. Can't be too benevolent when there's murder involved, no matter which side you're on.
>>
>>133859821
>killing innocent cops

That was lame as fuck
>>
He killed cops, truly the hero we deserved
>>
>I am true God and nobody can disobey

He was literally a edge lord. I was rooting for Near when he was first introduced.
>>
>>133869767
nigger
>>
>>133859821
He dropped the ball at the end. If it wasn't for his god complex and didn't start killing innocents then perhaps.
>>
I read that the speed and inevitability of a punishment is want deters one from doing crime. That is t why the death penalty is usually not that effective due to being slow in due process and might be paroled. So if a punishment is swift and on point(as in the Death Note, which kills no matter the circumstances and condition, regardless of position, crime, etc) so it is kinda plausible that the crime rate would fall.
>>
File: 225157.jpg (27 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
225157.jpg
27 KB, 225x350
>>133859821

yep
>>
>>133865051
Part of the point is that he's too much of a smartass for his own good. If he hadn't gotten pissy about the initial L broadcast, L wouldn't have been able to locate him so precisely and that whole tangent wouldn't have started.

You could continue that way down the whole series. Even if you agree with lights base idea, he screws up implementation in how he responds to resistance.
>>
>>133859821
Let me see... With what hand he wrote again?
>>
>>133859886
>>133862251

Heh.
>>
>>133862647
Once a writer or any artist for that matter releases their work to the public author intent becomes meaningless as whoever views such work will give it thier own personal meaning

If the author doesn't want the public domain to interpret their work "wrong" then they should have never released their work to the public in the first place, or at the very minimum been much more concise with their message.
>>
>>133866587
I hate writers like this. they think they are the hottest shot around with crystal clear vision and profound message that the reader will break down praise the author as a genious and proclaim it as the most enlightened message they have ever read. When it comes out that God forbid people have differing outlooks and views from the author and the authors sitting was too ambiguous and fostered there conflicting ideas they get all high and mighty say their audiance is a pack of morons that could never understand such a 3deep5you work and that their vision is the one true one. They never once stop to think that hay, maybe I didn't understand my audience or maybe I could have framed my message better or maybe... just maybe... I was wrong.

Not /a/ related but Alan Moore is the biggest fucking culprit of this.

Yes I mad.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.