[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Akira has pretty good art and world building, but the story and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: C.jpg (179 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
C.jpg
179 KB, 1280x720
Akira has pretty good art and world building, but the story and characters are shit.
I think exactly the same of GiTS.

I can see why they are shown as example of what anime can achieve but I think it's misleading to newcomers to the genre and might even put off some people.

In fact, 90% of the philosophical babble of GiTS is something a sophomore could write after a 2 hours tutoring on Greek philosophy, and with bland dialogues at that.

Anyway, unpopular opinions general I guess.
>>
File: 1433533373104.jpg (104 KB, 799x590) Image search: [Google]
1433533373104.jpg
104 KB, 799x590
>>133843292
>general
no thanks lad
>>
>>133843292
Those are the best example to show that anime isn't just a cartoon for kiddies.
Pretty accessible, good art and animation, "serious" themes.
Still better than MIyazaki movies.

Miyazaki is a hack and doesn't deserve all the praise he gets while better directors remain unknown to most.
>>
>>133843663
>Those are the best example to show that anime isn't just a cartoon for kiddies.
>Pretty accessible, good art and animation, "serious" themes.
Madoka would work the same if not better, without pretentious philosophy rants put there just for show.
>>
>>133843754
But madoka has cute little girls and you need to keep someone watching a few episodes before the TWEEEST.
Good luck trying to convince someone to take anime seriously with a meguca series, as much edgy and good at deconstructing the genre it is.
I'm talking about immediate impact there.
>>
>>133843292
I don't care about your opinion, I also don't want to hear or see it. So all that's left is, to tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>133843854
Good luck keeping an adult into anime if the first movie he sees features a kid ballooning into a flesh Godzilla the size of a stadium.

Do you want the transformers audience?
>>
>>133843929
Adults watch transformers movies, so yes, it would be easier.

It's not about the audience you want. It was a discussion about what's easier on the newbie western watcher.
>>
>>133843292
ピーキー過ぎてお前にゃ無理だよ
>>
More than shit the story is a clusterfuck
>>
>>133843292
>HURR LOOK AT ME I'VE TAKEN A PHILOSOPHY CLASS
>not appreciating GitS for the amazing direction and atmosphere
>>
>>133844474
>a class
Three years.
>amazing
I'm trying to say it's really not.
>>
KANEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>133844581
OH CANADAAAAAAAAAA
>>
How can you dislike Batou and Ishikawa. Not being interested in them sure but actively disliking them?
>>
>>133844515
>I'm trying to say it's really not
All you've said is that the little philosophy this single anime movie covers isn't very impressive to someone who knows a lot about philosophy while pretty much missing the real appeal of the film.
>>
>>133844720
The spider tanks?
>>
>>133844769
The major tits.
>>
>>133843754
I'd argue Madoka is more pretentious than Akira.

Akira's pretty straightforward, just weird, kinda like Mad Max 2 and 4. Madoka makes a statement and acts like it's clever even though it's not very original at all. One's simple and a bit serious while the other is trying extremely hard to subvert expectations despite not having much meat to back itself up aside from pointing out the fact that it subverts expectations.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.