[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gintama Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Nanomachines son.jpg (168 KB, 800x1168) Image search: [Google]
Nanomachines son.jpg
168 KB, 800x1168
Chapter 565 is out and the three ominous stars continue to live up to their name. I enjoyed Zura's fight, but it was just a brutal physical match, while this time if Sakamoto wants to defeat "Zaku" he will have to use his brain. Or a Gundam
>>
This chapter was surprisingly funny. Lost it when the guy turned into a gundam.
>>
>>133837361
That was even my favourite part of the chapter.
I have to admit I wasn't sure adding these "minibosses" was a good idea, but the three captains are actually really funny and strong characters so they are offering interesting fights.
Plus it would have been a shame not seeing what the top warriors of the Harusame were like
>>
NANOMACHINES
>>
File: 1448150258357.jpg (205 KB, 700x546) Image search: [Google]
1448150258357.jpg
205 KB, 700x546
>>133839085
>>
File: 8078707800600.gif (830 KB, 208x174) Image search: [Google]
8078707800600.gif
830 KB, 208x174
Quite a popular series on here nowadays
>>
>>133840421
That's what you get for becoming generic Shounen.
>>
>>133837361
It's honestly refreshing after all these serious chapters.
>>
>>133840421
Actually this is pretty normal: the real Gintama threads on /a/ are the anime ones, where we can discuss both. Unless something big happened, there is usually very little discussion on manga chapters
>>
I guess we really can go back to comedy after all. It didn't feel weird or out of place this chapter.
>>
Do you think Gintama would have been better if they focused on the serious parts with some comedy and references here and there?
>>
File: 1428245886880.jpg (1 MB, 2210x1400) Image search: [Google]
1428245886880.jpg
1 MB, 2210x1400
>>133837701
The gorilla fight was great, and this Gundam shit is hilarious. But i think the blind one is going to turn into a serious dramatic fight.
>>
>>133843466
It's best when the serious parts are sporadic, and set far apart from each other by the long stretches of comedic parts. It's worst when it's the other way around.
>>
>>133843466
I find the most of the drama too forced

It will lampoon and parody all kinds of series with unrelenting humour and then when it gets very serious it unironically just revels itself in cliches and standard drama. There are only a few very serious parts I enjoy.
>>
>>133843481
I also liked that Shoukaku was basically a fusion of Sun Wukong(design), Goku(love for battle and respect for the opponent) and Luffy(proud to be a pirate because of the freedom it gives him).
Hankai is obviously based on Gundam antagonsts and android parodies in general.
The last one is probably a parody/reference of something too, but we saw too little of him and his personality to make guesses
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.