[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>capture a super important enemy pilot >let's stand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5
>capture a super important enemy pilot
>let's stand in the open for minutes talking about the horrible things we'll do to her while laughing like generic bad guys

Jesus fuck Kamachi, I thought he learned how to write after years of doing Index.

Guess not because Heavy Object is laughably bad.

Shame since setting seems interesting.
>>
>>133825544
At least mc shot them but yeah Heavy Object is pretty bad.
>>
>>133825696

Sometimes it feels even worse than completely generic magical battle harems. That's an achievement.
>>
>>133825544
>laughably bad

Would you believe me if I told you it is written that way on purpose? It's a cynical and satirical look at the future of warfare.
>>
>>133826318

Next you'll tell my it's also a parody of a generic harem LN.

And our hero thought than a Moose was a Deer on purpose too.
>>
At least I liked how the MC shot them without being triggered by shounenMCitis and >if you kill them you'll be as bad as them.
>>
>>133826318
>i-its supposed to be shit
>>
>>133825544
It's an accurate representation of real life catholics
>>
>>133825544
>Jesus fuck Kamachi, I thought he learned how to write after years of doing Index
This is the funniest thing I read all day, thanks OP
>>
>Sir, we captured an enemy general.
>Good, what did you do with him?
>We stripped him naked, gangbanged him and then dragged him through a frozen wasteland. He kind of died then.
>...

Even fucking Soviets and Nazis didn't do this to captured high ranking officers. This is cartoon villain evil.

No wonder HO is selling so bad.
>>
>>133825544
If you watch this show like it's some 90s buddy cop show it'sactually pretty good.
>>
>>133825544

I'm surprised they didn't smash her teeth out. If I captured someone hilariously dangerous, I would kill or transport them away as soon as possible.

I'm personally wondering if we'll ever get a scene (in fiction) where the protagonists heroically arrive too late.
>>
>>133825544
The premise of this show is so stupid I can't accept it.
>>
>>133827409
>I'm surprised they didn't smash her teeth out.

In a real army you would get a lot of shit from your superior if you just beat up a high ranking officer who was not even resisting.

Even Nazi generals and aces got through Soviet Russia unharmed.
>>
>>133827428
What, that there are giant war machines that can't be beaten by conventional methods and that war is fought between these? I've seen much dumber. At this point I can accept basically anything that isn't Akikan-tier stupid.
>>
>>133827409
Her SOS transponder thing is stupid. Objects are so ridiculously over-engineered that I don't understand why it doesn't have like 20 SOS beacons that all launch in random directions when the pilot ejects, so the enemy doesn't know which one is real.

Also, why is a 14 year old piloting such a valuable piece of military equipment?

They are in the arctic, why are their faces always exposed and why don't they have snow mobiles? Why didn't they have planes or satellites scouting during the sortie? The other Object was able to sneak up, which would have been impossible if they had planes or satellites. Why don't they have tractors to plow the runway?
>>
>>133827566

Not really. The Russians generally killed their POWs and/or treated them horribly.

Besides, wouldn't killing an Object's pilot be way easier? It's not like she can tell them anything they don't already know.
>>
>>133827566
>>133827606
>Also, why is a 14 year old piloting such a valuable piece of military equipment?
Are you seriously asking this question? Shouldn't you have learned to go with this by now?
>>
>>133827409
>I'm personally wondering if we'll ever get a scene (in fiction) where the protagonists heroically arrive too late.

Wolf Guy has rape namek
>>
File: gauron.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gauron.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>133825544
>I thought he learned how to write after years of doing Index.

Go watch Young Black Jack if you want decent writing and QUALITY. Because you wont get it in 98% of anime ever made. What you just described is a perfect example of why nips can't into decent writing. It's like they're allergic to it.
>>
>>133825544
Gundam IBO is the better mecha show this season. Is this show worth it for the girls or does it have anything redeemable?
>>
>>133827605
Those machines don't make physical sense. They are so massive, they should not be able to move at all. If the technology to make them exists, then the technology to make significantly better warplanes, ships, tanks, and missiles should exist.

Planes are supposedly "useless" against them, but all they have against planes are a bunch of fixed guns pointing into the sky at random angles.

What is essentially machine gun fire from the enemy Object in the first episode damages the first gen Object, but nuclear weapons don't leave a scratch?
>>
>>133827777
quads of truth
>>
>>133825544

See, the thing about this is that - as per most light novels, or fiction in general - there's a certain level of plot armor all the protagonists has. It's basically a kind of fiat.

If they really fucked her up, she wouldn't be pretty any more, and she wouldn't be a viable love interest. It's like how people don't really get permanent changes in light novels, or how Hazama can kill two soldiers in futuristic power armor with very little difficulty.

Or why people don't just shoot Touma until he dies. If they had fucked her to death and left her raped and bleeding for the man-eating penguins to feast on, this would be a massive tonal shift.
>>
>>133825544
Has there ever been a villain/bad guy school anime setting were our mc, desperately in need of money, joins in and then there are several tests like emptying a 200 bullet magazine without hitting the good guy while he is running in a straight line or something like OP mentioned? Would make for a good comedy series.
>>
>>133827233
The Japanese might have, though. [Citation Needed]
>>
>>133827882
I can accept plot armor. What I can't accept is how cartoonishly evil those four solders behave. (Yes, I know this is a cartoon, har har). Like, do all of the villains have to be completely unforgivably evil and cowardly? This is why I couldn't stand Overlord.
>>
>>133828019
>Like, do all of the villains have to be completely unforgivably evil and cowardly?

You aren't supposed to relate with the bad guys, that's why they are evil and cowardly.
>>
>Cute little girl character
>Give her huge tits

Why?
>>
>>133827838
I wouldn't mind if someone had a magic sword that could only be damaged by other magic swords, and I don't mind that the Objects can only be damaged by other Objects. They exist because the author thought it would be cool to have giant destruction spheres that other weapons can't destroy. Any explanation would just be fluff.
>>
>>133828019
Maybe you should just watch better anime. Even better, read manga.
>>
>>133825544
Why are you making this thread a month later?
>>
>>133828019

It's a situation where a damsel is in distress. I've noticed that in a lot of LNs, the villains aren't just evil, they're cartoonishly evil. For instance, Rakudai has the hero's first main enemy be a dude with invisibility and a magic bow whose personality can best be described as "Smug douchebag" or "NTR antagonist."

Of course, when the hero actually gets close enough to fuck him up, he turns out to be a complete coward who is afraid of pain. He basically pisses his pants in sheer terror until the hero magnanimously spares him. Then you have the Chinese in Mahouka, who are both hilariously incompetent and ridiculously evil.

It's because if the villains aren't like that, it would spoil the fantasy, so to speak. You have to keep in mind the target audience of the novels: If the villains had good points, or - heaven forbid - a heroine was attracted to 'bad boys' in general, it would become actively hurtful. Too real, mang. Too real.

I mean, if the enemy soldiers had gone:

> "Sorry, miss. The war's over for you. Now, come with us."

...and if one of the soldiers was a strapping young man that made the girl blush as she was manhandled, it would have a very different tone when the hero rappled down and shot them all in the face.

See what I mean?
>>
>>133828092
They're soldiers. There's a war going on. The other side doesn't need to be "evil" for there to be conflict. They could just be following orders. But no, they author has to make them openly discuss raping a 14 year old.

I feel like making the antagonists always have the same "because they are just evil people" motivation is lazy and bad writing.
>>
>>133827671
>The Russians generally killed their POWs and/or treated them horribly.

Low ranking soldiers? Sure.

Officers? Not really. The likes of Hartmann or Paulus made it through Soviet captivity.
>>
>>133827822

I just can't watch Gundam. Flying humanoid robots are too retarded.

Even HO is not that stupid.
>>
>>133828350

Mecha are basically pointless anyway. Once you accept that, watching it becomes a lot easier. Frankly, Gundams are meant to be visual shorthand for human interactions on a massive level. Fighter jets can't have sword duels, for example.
>>
>>133828294
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Kyoungjong

Yang Kyoungjong (March 3, 1920 – April 7, 1992) was a Korean soldier who fought in the Imperial Japanese Army, the Soviet Red Army, and later the German Wehrmacht during World War II.[1][2][3][4]...
>>
>>133828236
>if one of the soldiers was a strapping young man that made the girl blush as she was manhandled
>too real
I'm not in the military, but I wouldn't really expect a soldier to get the hots for the guy taking her captive.
>>
What is up with nips and their libtard ideals? Do they realize how stupid it is in actuality? Without competition and "stronger always winning" then you get a stale society. Just look at Amerifat land and it's libtard ideals slowly destroying society and being replaced with a nation of babies, and now these same libtards are insane enough to allow Syrian refugees into America after the Paris terrorist attack.
>>
>>133828286
>The other side doesn't need to be "evil" for there to be conflict

If the other side loses, they'll be evil.
That's how history works, and since we know the MC will win in the end might as well paint the enemy as evil already to make things simple.
>>
>>133828418
This is a thread about Heavy Object. If you want to discuss the Syrian refugees and Paris attack, there is a board specifically for political discussions.
>>
>>133828137
The problem is the author made them unbeatable war machines, but he's having them be destroyed with stupid tactics that demonstrate the Objects are susceptible to real world issues.
>>
>>133828416

Female soldiers are generally rare in real life, too, so that's another thing. I agree that's unrealistic, though.

>>133828418

Look, this show is aimed at older teenagers who haven't had their spirits COMPLETELY crushed yet. Give it time.
>>
Is this whole thread ironic shitposting? I really can't imagine not being able to accept the enemy being bad or the existence of mechs in anime or anything like that.
>>
>>133828418

Kamachi is a pretty weird guy. Remember his "world police" crap that appears in almost all of his series?
>>
>>133828508
He's having them be destroyed with sabotage and shit, which is not what they were told they're proof against. Realistically, yes, the army or such would be much better at this than some random guys and would have found and thought to exploit these flaws (though I'm a few episodes behind, so maybe they know this and don't want to do it), but I can swallow that for the sake of the plot.
>>
>>133828236

Because you need bad guys doesn't mean they should be retarded monsters.

These soldiers don't even have a reason to act that way at all. It's not like they are fighting a hard bloody war. They are really doing shit while the HO's are fighting each other.
>>
>>133828493
>>133828528

I'm just pointing out the MCs retarded ideals. It's obvious the MC is a big fat liberal. The guy chimped out because a bunch of villagers were being killed. It's like he didn't think for a moment that MAYBE JUST MAYBE those "villagers" were actually the enemy in disguise.

>>133828531
I wouldn't know because I dropped Index pretty quickly like 3 episodes in when I think the degenerate chain smoker showed up.
>>
>>133828608
Fuck off, /pol/.
>>
>>133828529
>ironic shitposting
At least it's not unironic shitposting like in >>133811989
>>
>>133828418
Shit that start out as fanfiction-tier web novels get animated, why connect it to politics rather than it just being a mediocre writer

dont need to have a literary masterpiece when you can just get by with pretty animations.
>>
>>133828608

Generally, 'villagers' give aid and succor to the enemy. I've always felt that harsh penalties are justified against them, because they're contributing to the war effort against you. Something as simple as "Hey, you guys - We saw some of the enemy over there. I think they were heading North." can get an entire platoon of men killed.

At the same time, obviously people would resist the enemy in any way possible.
>>
File: 1252368435666.jpg (9 KB, 202x251) Image search: [Google]
1252368435666.jpg
9 KB, 202x251
>I thought he learned how to write after years of doing Index.
>>
>>133826565

>[Pure™ & Innocent™]

Never seen this subgroup before. What a great name.
>>
>>133828418
Edgelord detected, it's past your bedtime.
>>
>>133828601
They sabotaged the first Object.

The second Object caught some debris on its keel. That somehow stressed the hull or some shit?

The third Object had its core shorted out. The over engineered mobile death machine had no protection on its external power connector.

The fourth they actually killed with an Object, after figuring out the enemy's optical illusion.
>>
always shoot the foot.

>men in a frozen tundra having the sex drive to offhandedly rape prisoners

that's the bullshit. Cold temperatures reduce your sex drive and gives you tunnel vision. Doing anything other than the immediate task you're required to do usually never happens in sub-zero temperatures
>>
>>133826318
>I-It's just pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>133828876
I'm not here to argue with you, but for the third Object, it makes it beyond clear that it's actually a piece of shit. You can't even miss that fact.

The fourth one is anime original, and that's all you need to know to dismiss it's existence.
>>
>>133828972
>always shoot the foot

Congrats, your valuable prisoner just bleed out to death.
>>
>>133829671
>bandage the foot

amended
>always cut the tendons
>>
>>133827233
>Even fucking Soviets and Nazis didn't do this to captured high ranking officers. This is cartoon villain evil.

Actually Nazis had a definite no-live policy for Sovet Political Commisars.
>>
>>133825544
>everyone talks talks talks
do they even stealth?
big bossu is rolling in his grave right now.
>>
>>133829671
Where should I shoot then?
>>
>>133827990
that was for enlisted personnel usually, but overall discipline amongst the imperial japanese army was poor.
>>
>>133828236
"Well, we caught the enemy pilot and its a girl with a nicely curved body. No one is around and since we already ignored their white flag signal, why not enjoy ourselves.
Even if we brought her back, we might not get any ransom and most probably the guys back at base would do it instead. We are not going for seconds."

If you were in their position, would you?
>>
>>133829741
>Political Commisars

Can't blame them.
>>
>>133829978
>rape her
>when it's -20

And contrary to hentai and retarded movies "rape her immediately bwahahaha" is not the natural reaction.
>>
Good news, gentlemen. I have found the full extent of those soldiers' conversation as it is in the source material.

>“Hey, let’s test out the durability of the Elite’s special suit. Once the Object returns, we can tie her hands to it with a rope and have it drag her behind it. The test will be whether she’s naked or not by the time we get back to base.”

>Quenser’s movements stopped when he heard that.

>He then heard a laugh and the words of another soldier.

>“No matter how easy it is to slide on snow, wouldn’t that still turn her to mincemeat?”

>“Yeah, and what’ll we do if she’s still alive once we get back to our base zone? Are you gonna do a test on the wonderful Elite’s body? I hear the guys from the torture room were complaining because their tools are rusting over from lack of use.”

Straight from Volume 1, Chapter 1, part 10.

So OP, what you really want to say is: "fucking J.C. Staff."
>>
>>133830706

They said that in the anime too. Then followed with even dumber crap and evil laughs.
>>
>>133825544
Army fag here, bad guys really do monologue.
>>
>>133831047
And guess who just re-watched the scene and feels a little silly right now. The dumber crap and evil laughs weren't there in the LN, at least.
>>
>>133829814

It's the opposite, discipline was actually fucking amazing in the Japanese army. Conditions for the enlisted were so bad, and so much was demanded of them, that was semi-official policy for officers to just ignore whatever they could in order to maintain morale. As long as they were willing to fight, follow orders, and die, it didn't matter who they were raping.

Very samurai-like when you think about it.
>>
>>133831101
Somehow, this is comforting to me.
>>
The series isn't extremely serious. The entire premise of it is pretty unrealistic. The Objects don't even make any sense scientifically.

Stop using real world logic on a fictional world and learn to have fun
>>
>>133831644
No a lot of what drives japan into war such as the Invasion of Manchuria is spurred on by midranking and lower class officers who take Japanese foreign/domestic policy into their hands. In particular the successful example of Manchuria is what drives later actions both in China and in Japan (where you have officers assassinating politicians deemed too soft).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gekokuj%C5%8D

Even amongst enlisted personnel it was bad (though they are great on the field) and certainly contributed to the extra viciousness of the IJA in committing war crimes including rapes/massacres/cannibalism.
>>
>>133830389
>when it's -20
We are talking about 2D here anon, but then rape would be the answer to everything so I'll give you that.
>>
>>133825544
Did show get to this moment only in the recent episode or OP just choose to shitpost now?
>>
>>133832448

It's in the second episode.
>>
>>133828092
There are no evil guys, there are only the ones you choose to cut off.
>>
>>133828416
Depends on the level of indoctrination. HO soldiers seemingly have none, so a handsome and (relatively) kind captor could probably do it.
>>
>>133828286
They aren't the only antagonists. In the first place, is it wrong to have evil antagonists? Just because they're soldiers doesn't mean they don't know how to have "fun" with their enemies.
>>
>>133828418
goddamit look at that alien eye
>>
>>133825544
The only reason why anyone should watch Heavy Object is for the bromance

Really those two fucks are awesome
>>
>>133833690

This is the main problem with the show. It's all about those two dudes but they are both boring.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.