[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do vampires actually exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11
File: deep blood.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
deep blood.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
Do vampires actually exist?
>>
File: Shiki - Doctor.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Shiki - Doctor.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
>>133799554
Not now they don't.
>>
File: priest.jpg (99 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
priest.jpg
99 KB, 700x700
>>133799554
If they did exist they'd be hunted to extinction in a matter of weeks and their fangs would be sold for tens of millions of dollars to wealthy collectors.

The only exception is a handful that would be taken into custody by government and experimented on.

Modern technology >>>>>>>>>>>> any vampiric powers

For crying out loud a fucking peasant with a cross can force an army of vampires to retreat.
>>
>>133799682
Vampires with modern technology and ability to hide power level>>>>>>sheep people
>>
>>133799593
thanks doc
>>
I'm a vampire AMA
>>
>>133800122
Would you a Deep Blood?
>>
>>133799554
literally who?
>>
File: 1352052974298.jpg (130 KB, 900x870) Image search: [Google]
1352052974298.jpg
130 KB, 900x870
>>
>>133800165

Does it matter?
>>
>>133800147
nah
>>
I read an article about people who drink blood because they feel revitalized doing it. They didn't get off on it, but they were like 'this is fucking weird. I wish a doctor could tell me what's wrong with me.'
>>
>>133799682
What an utterly bullshit blanket statement.

Which mythology of vampires are we talking about?
>>
>>133799554

Deep Blood implies the existence of vampires, I'm sure they even said that in the show.
>>
>>133799682
>a fucking peasant with a cross can force an army of vampires to retreat.

What if they're Muslim vampires? It's 2015 you know.
>>
>>133800462
Or Jewish. Or Buddhist.
>>
>>133800418
But how do they know that Deep Blood is the ability to kill vampires if they don't know if vampires are real?
>>
>>133800504
Britain knows because their knights were sent to investigate.
>>
>>133800373
Not him, but I feel like the Masquerade pretty much nailed it with their explanation of how vastly outnumbered vampires are vs normal humans, and how little effort it would take humanity to wipe them out with flamethrowers, napalm, etc. if it became common knowledge that they existed.
But, I mean. It really does depend on what mythology you're using since it's all silly made up shit.
>>
File: absolutely mad.png (2 MB, 741x1200) Image search: [Google]
absolutely mad.png
2 MB, 741x1200
>>133800504
IT JUST WORKS
>>
>>133800555
>implying that hunters have shit on vamps
Someone never played oWoD
>>
>>133800486
Buddhist Vampires would starve themselves to extinction before preying on anyone. Jewish Vampires would've already hunted mankind to extinction and consumed them in insatiable avarice and gluttony.

Muslim Vampires would probably just be trapped in perpetual conflict with every single other muslim ethnic group and never actually accomplish anything. They'd probably just end up in refugee camps somewhere.
>>
>>133800586
Not talking about hunters, talking about if the masquerade was broken hard and every pleb and his neighbour knew that vampires existed and regularly killed or turned humans.
The majority of humanity suddenly freaking out and calling for an inquisition or something would definitely wipe out kindred.
>>
File: straitso.gif (677 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
straitso.gif
677 KB, 400x225
>>133799554
Yes. I have video proof.
>>
Can vampires kill servants?
>>
>>133799554
Irony in that outside of Index, Himegami's powers would make her top-tier and so relevant that she would probably try to hide and stay out of the spotlight.
>>
>>133800555
This is true, but his statement is utterly retarded in assuming a vampire can't use technology too.

A skilled vampire with Celerity and Auspex could take a machine gun and probably butcher an entire infantry platoon by himself.

Of course, it wouldn't get to that. High level vamps would infiltrate and use dominate mind on key figures in politics and the military.
>>
File: arcueid_brunestud.jpg (594 KB, 2250x1600) Image search: [Google]
arcueid_brunestud.jpg
594 KB, 2250x1600
>>133800852
Arc could certainly demolish most of them.

Dead Apostle Ancestors could go toe to toe with many of them.
>>
>>133800953
There's honestly a whole lot of interesting ways you could take a shit hits the fan scenario in World of Darkness, especially given that every faction has massive glaring weaknesses.
>>
>>133800504
You'd just have to test it, if it is the ability to kill Vampires then vampires are real and it kills them, if it isn't then either vampires aren't real or they are but it just doesn't kill them.
>>
>>133799554
not anymore
>>
>>133800165
DEEP BLOOD
still pissed its been 30 volumes and so sign of vampires, and thus no sign of her being useful
>>
>>133801309
Vampires want to stay hidden
Participating in the plot runs counter to that
>>
>>133799682
Well hey capitalist-san good day to you too.
>>
>>133801309
I don't get how Gemstone powers are assigned. You have Guts who is just superman, then you have convert plant to other material girl, and then have someone who's blood is fatal and bait only to vampire. Is there any sort of connection between them and their powers? Are they suppose to be a counterpart to a Magic God or something?
>>
>>133801983
There is also a girl with sound related weird powers. Gemstones were around before magic existed, they are basically mutants.
>>
>>133801983
>guts who is just superman
not even close. guts is guts. ypu can't explain him
>>
>>133799554
They do exist, but they don't feed on blood. They feed on money.
>>
>>133802127

I think you have Vampires confused with Jews.
>>
File: over your head, yo.gif (804 KB, 1307x734) Image search: [Google]
over your head, yo.gif
804 KB, 1307x734
>>133802277
>>
>>133800953
The problem is that modern technology is a great equalizer, the upfront physical combat abilities of any sort of supernatural create doesn't matter a whole lot when guns have the stopping power to, well, stop them. Sure, a magical superhuman soldier is better, 1-for-1 than a regular soldier, but 1v10 or 10v100 is immensely disadvantageous for the smaller group no matter what their physical abilities are. Unless they're the sort of super-superhuman vampires that dodge bullets causally or don't even have them break the skin, but at that point you've stepped outside of the realm of interesting mythology.
>>
>>133803102
>Unless they're the sort of super-superhuman vampires that dodge bullets causally or don't even have them break the skin
The ones being discussed sort of are, depending on age and/or bloodline. But they're made-of-matchsticks-level flammable and hilariously easy to detect if you're actively looking for them on a large scale.
So, both you and the person you're replying too are right. You - that they don't stand a chance thanks to technology and numbers, and them - in that vamps'd never let it come to that.
>>
Guys, I think I saw a dog talking
>>
>>133803473
You too? It was the weirdest thing but I could swear I saw some faggot on a roof shining a torch on his hand.
>>
>>133803102
Vampires are ridiculously powerful.
They can shapeshift, they have no problem not feeding for a long time. They can float, cast illusions, they can read thoughts, hypnotize people and animals, teleport and manipulate the weather.
Sure, they get extremely thirsty when they see blood, their powers are weakened and they're far more tired during the day.
They don't like clerical objects.
When sleeping they need some soil of their homeland to be well rested and after drinking blood they get really tired, but those are kinda wonky.

If they existed, nobody would realize that they existed.
>>
>>133804047
See, saying things like 'their powers are weakened during the day' is just kind of silly., The original concept was that they'd just straight up die in sunlight. Glossing over the identity-defining weaknesses just for the sake of giving your special snowflake monster a higher powerlevel just makes them less interesting. You end up with Owari no Seraph vampires, that are really just typical battle shounen superhumans + fangs.
>>
>>133804212
>The original concept was that they'd just straight up die in sunlight
Nah senpai.
Dracula is the definitive vampire and he has no problem walking around during daylight.
>>
Vampire Strengths:
>can transform into a bat
>posses supernatural strength, resilience, and reflexes
>body doesn't age
>supernatural charisma
>can recover from otherwise lethal wounds by feeding
>exceptional natural affinity for stealth
>grow stronger with age

Vampire Weaknesses:
>immediately die when exposed to sunlight
>forced to retreat when facing a prominently held holy symbol
>completely paralyzed by a stake to the heart
>die if they don't feed on human blood
>very weak against fire and burning
>become less sane and more animalistic with age
>>
File: 1401090501121.jpg (21 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
1401090501121.jpg
21 KB, 550x309
Posting best vampire slayer
>>
>>133804638
>bat
Also a wolf, mist, moonlight and a couple other things
>posses supernatural strength, resilience, and reflexes
>body doesn't age
To be more precise, drinking blood makes their body younger again
>supernatural charisma
Yes, and they can read minds and they can hypnotize people
>can recover from otherwise lethal wounds by feeding
They can't die unless killed with a specific method
>exceptional natural affinity for stealth
They can also fly and create illusions and teleport
>grow stronger with age
Sure.

>immediately die when exposed to sunlight
Weakened and tired by sunlight
>forced to retreat when facing a prominently held holy symbol
Also, garlic, but that could be specific to Dracula
>completely paralyzed by a stake to the heart
killed even
>die if they don't feed on human blood
They can go without feeding for a long time, but they get tired and more and more thirsty the longer they go without it
>very weak against fire and burning
As opposed to normal people?
>become less sane and more animalistic with age
The longer they don't drink.
>>
>>133804638
>>133804871
Are you two actually arguing over which parts of vampire fiction is the real fiction?
Because that's just dumb as hell, especially if you want to go with older sources being more important because then you end up with bloated, OCD nutjobs who smell terrible and overlap constantly with werewolf and witch myths.
>>
>>133805045
>OCD nutjobs
Oh yeah, that's actually another important trait vampires have.
They're obsessed with counting things.
You can defeat a vampire with nothing more than a bag of rice.
>>
>>133805089
Or you can just melt their flesh with holy water.
>>
>>133805173
You can just empty a bag of rice in front of them, walk to your local church, grab some holy water and pour it over their head while they're counting your rice
>>
>>133805173
Or just stand across some regular water that's flowing.
>>
>>133805236
Well yeah but I don't think that would be enough to kill them.

You'd be safest just approaching them with garlic rubbed all over your body, a holy symbol around your neck, and then dumping rice in front of them as a distraction. After that you sneak behind them and spear them in the heart to paralyze them. Once that's done you cut off their head and pour holy water in their mouth.

I know it's a fuck ton (1 fuck ton = 10 shit tons) of work but vampires are tough motherfuckers to kill.
>>
>>133799593
Thank you, Ozaki Sensei.
>>
>>133805449
But they're still not dead after that.
After you did all that, you should look for their coffin and shoot it a couple of times with a gun and a couple bullets you've had a priest bless.
>>
>>133799593
Ozaki did nothing wrong and everything right.
>>
>>133805510
And then of course rip out their heart, burn it to ash, mix it with water, and feed it to their sickly sibling in order to restore to them the strength the vampire stole from them.
>>
>>133805650
Yes, but you best do the same to their sibling and feed their flesh to a couple pigs.
Just to be safe.
>>
>>133805045
They overlap a lot with witches because their original lore sort of emerged out of some personification of satanism, so they're really drawing on the same lore that witchcraft draws from. In fact, I believe that the vampire itself is supposed to be some corruption of the mark of Cain myth and is linked pretty closely to the idea of the succubus, incubus, etc. and other various demons in christian theology. Their weaknesses being mostly tied to sunlight and other symbols associated with christian goodness stem from the fact that their powers were supposed to be granted by the devil.

What's interesting is that as time has gone on, they've continuously appropriated other culture's myths and monsters into the mythology of the vampire. The counting one mentioned here >>133805089 is an interesting one because it actually originates from the Soucouyant, and just got mothballed into some variations of vampire lore because why the hell not.

Modern permutations tend to be pretty shitty because they downplay the theological underpinning in strange ways. The Cain allegory is almost always preserved, but every other aspect of their satanic or demonic connection is glossed over. Holy water and crosses remain weaknesses, but not to the extent of being crippling powers of exorcism and more or less just an aversion left in for the sake of genre. Instead of having numerous weaknesses that offset their inhuman strengths, they're just generic superbeings with the gimmick of cannibalism and some sort of vague commentary about the dangers of entryism and minorities.
>>
>>133805805
You've done a way better job of laying what I was thinking, all I'd resay is that they're such an ill-defined appropriated mess that arguing any kind of semantics is just silly.

Also I'd never even heard of the Soucouyant, neat.
>>
>>133801983
Gemstone just means someone with a natural power that didn't require any work or training to acquire.

Accelerator and Misaka aren't gemstones. They had to train hard to unlock their powers. Gunha never had to train, he just had it.

To make a comic book comparison, it wold be like Captain America or the Hulk vs mutants. Mutants are born with their powers and unlock them naturally like Gemstomes do.
>>
>>133809039
But Accel was born with his power, he just needed guidance on how to use it properly.
>>
>>133809039
academy city espers are just mass produced with abilities based on scientific theories and whatnot.
>>
>>133800852
Depending on the servants noble phantasm, yes
DAAs are pretty much impossible to kill without something like Excalibur or Gae bolg
>>
>>133809453
I'm pretty sure that only Gemstones are born with powers; normal espers, even Accelerator, have to be 'developed' through drugs and brainwashing
>>
Is this the /tg/ thread?
>>
File: anime art.jpg (378 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
anime art.jpg
378 KB, 1600x1200
>>133800065
What if humans developed Psionic powers and shit? And with the added modern technology Vampires would just be a slave race for the rest of us.

[hey it's not fair that in every incarnation they get cool powers and shit and humans get nothing! fuck that!!!!!]
>>
>>133810724
>Vampires would just be a slave race
so would humans, to psionic powered people
>>
>>133810724
But what if a vampire turned a human with psionic power into a vampire?

Wouldn't the result be a Psionic vampire?
Vampires that a turned have to obey the orders of the one who turned them and the ones who turned the ones who turned them, and so on, hence all that bloodline shit.

Then you basically handed the vampires an army of psionic slave vampires.

Vampires also can hypnotize people and read their minds, but you already know that.
>>
>>133810724
Underageb& pls go
Seriously though this is 15 year old naruto sperg fanfiction tier crap, anon.
>>
>>133810822
Well i meant like every single human get psionic powers not just a few.

>>133810836
I didn't think about that. Ok what if the psionic powers is greater than the vampire's hypnosis prevents us from transforming into vampires?
>>
>>133810924
Yea no anon. I'm tired of humans being some kind of sheep to the vampires with no way of fighting back. Fuck that! Out of all the organic lifeforms on Earth only we have reached this level of intelligences. I refuse to take that "we are sheeps to supernatural creatures". We should have a special power too!
>>
>>133809039
I meant as in is there a connection between the Gemstone's powers? Is it just some random bizarre power that random people got or is there a reason why someone needed the power to convert plants to matter or GUTS. Kinda like how IB was specifically assigned to Touma, is there a reason why Guts got GUTS or why Himegami gotten anti-vampire powers, or why such powers needs to exist in the first place? Is there any meaning to Gemstones, is what I'm asking.
>>
>>133811029
>giving powers to everyone
why would anyone ever do that?
>>
>>133811500
IB is not a gemstone power.
>>
>>133800342
drinking blood can give you iron overdose and result in liver damage and even death
>>
>>133799554
yes, work in wall street
>>
>>133811757
Way better than the usual of a select few having it. Just think of the glorious possibilities muahahahhahaha!!!
>>
>>133800625
best post on /a/ in a long time
>>
>>133811805
The only reason blood is dangerous to drink is because most germs gravitate towards it, so it's usually not the best idea unless you sterilize it.

Blood Sausage is delicious, senpai.
>>
>>133811963
humans do not have a mechanism that removes the excess of iron from the system so better be careful senpai
>>
>>133811795
That was an example of how a certain power was specifically assign to someone and not an example of Gemstone power.
>>
>>133811864
I guess it would inevitably get to the point where there would only be people with powers, yes
>>
>>133799554

Aleister is a vampire and eventually to kill him you'll need DEEP BLOOD. trust me I know.
>>
>>133812497
What is Toward the Terra, or more recently, Cross Ange.
>>
>>133804276

Yeah, the whole sunlight mythos originated with the original Nosferatu, where in one of the last scenes where Nosferatu was dying, the director focused on a shot of the sunrise to illustrate a new day had arrived.
>>
>>133805805

Some of the older lore is more rooted in general life lessons and celtic mythology. Le Vampire for instance is one of the oldest written sources and it was based on celtic stories about necrophilia.
>>
>>133799682
If Vamparism were real then it would be used as the ultimate medicine. If you have cancer then you can just get Doctor Dracula to bite you and you don't have to worry about dying anymore. Yeah you can't eat solid food or go outside during the day anymore, but you're immortal.
>>
>>133813995
>That feeling no Dr. Loli Vampires
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.