[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chrome shelled regios
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 61f1atWLaDL._SX940_.jpg (63 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
61f1atWLaDL._SX940_.jpg
63 KB, 500x375
This shit good Senpai?
>>
File: hHal4Hl.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
hHal4Hl.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>133792419
It was fucking great until the ending ruins it.
>>
File: 2009-03-15-150370.png (1 MB, 5067x5146) Image search: [Google]
2009-03-15-150370.png
1 MB, 5067x5146
>>133792419
Only watched it for Felli.
>>
It's one of my personal favorites. If you don't like the main character being overpowered and making everyone look like a total bitch e.g. mahouka don't watch it though.
>>
>>133792419

The setting is a ridiculous "cosy catastrophe" where we're supposedly in a desperate post-apocalyptic barren world full of giant monsters and the remaining city-states jealously scrap over the few remaining resources, and our own city only has one single mine left to sustain itself - but we have shops full of cakes, entire lake districts with green mountains and forests, a waterpark resort and even the frickin' hangar deck has a hedgerow border. It's really dumb.
>>
>>133792419
watch it for felli and the soundtrack, everything else is trash
>>
>>133792671

An illustration of how unremittingly stupid it is - midway through the series the characters visit a ruined and abandoned city... and they can still get hot water from the showers.
>>
>>133792699
>>133792671
Are these just nitpick things or is the anime actually bad?
>>
>>133792419

The anime is rambling and almost plotless with multiple threads that just don't go anywhere. It almost seems to be just a random scattering of scenes done up in colour for LN readers rather than an actual story.
>>
Who's the villain?
>>
>>133792736
it is actually bad, but those are nitpicks
>>
>>133792736
It is nitpick, do not listen to him it has its dumb moments but still worth a watch although i agree that the ending was rushed and shitty.
>>
>>133792579
>>133792690

ALSO THE ENGLISH, it had some great english if I remember correctly
>>
>>133792756

Good question. I don't think even the anime itself knows. There's a ghostly goat, and some guys who wear dog-masks who I think are supposed to be baddies because they wear black but they don't actually do anything, there's an Intermunicipal Challenge which they spend an entire season building up towards but it never actually happens, there's monsters but they don't seem to do anything either.
>>
>>133792671

They don't mine for cakes or waterpark resorts.
>>
>>133792792

FACEMAN!
>>
>>133792736
Those are obviously nitpicking but this >>133792738
is fairly accurate.

It's sort of like Horizon in that way, you won't really understand much if you don't know the source material but it's still a good ride.
>>
>>133792756

The villain is the captain of the 17th Platoon.

The first half of this series is an interminably protracted tournament arc.Nina forces our hero to join her platoon so he can be the ringer who wins battles and improves her platoon's ranking. He does just that - and she starts bitching about it because he's too good for doing exactly what she wanted him to do.

The whole tournament arc is dumb. It culminates in the spread of an ability-enhancing but degenrative drug which characters start using to get to the top of the league - they say it's for the good of the city, but it's not about defending the city from the monsters, it's about gaining glory for themselves as winners of the tournament. It's completely and utterly pointless.
>>
>>133792917
Doesn't sound too great, yeah.
>>
>>133792500
Best girl won, what was the problem?
>>
>>133793798
He talking about anime ending.
>>
>>133793873
Oh, I remember it doesn't really end just "to be continued" so I can't say it was a bad ending either.

If something the problem was the lack of S2
>>
>>133792792
I CAN SEE THE BRITS
>>
>>133792792
the english side story, made me cringe so hard, I always skipped that trash.
>>
>>133792671
To be fair, the world has been in that state for many millenia. It'd be strange if they didn't find a ways to make their lives comfortable.
>>
>>133792899
>It's sort of like Horizon in that way, you won't really understand much if you don't know the source material but it's still a good ride.
The Horizon anime is pretty easy to understand even without the source material, though. The info-dumping is confusing in the first episodes, but later on everything starts making sense.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.