[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell did Asuka mean with "how disgusting"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 23
File: Asuka disgusting.jpg (5 KB, 302x168) Image search: [Google]
Asuka disgusting.jpg
5 KB, 302x168
What the hell did Asuka mean with "how disgusting"?

It's the last line of the whole show, it must have some sort of hidden meaning...
>>
>>133752277
because missionary is disgusting
>>
She was just merged with all of humanity and knows what millions of lonely neckbeards are thinking about doing to her underage body.
>>
She is expressing her disgust at her and Shinji's dependency on one another.
>>
>>133752277
Because EVA is all about trying to be as nonsensical as possible in order to get people to discuss it. As a result it becomes more popular and makes more money.

"How disgusting" leave more questions to talk about than some fairy tail cliche ending.
>>
>>133752445
That's an interesting answer, and would fit Asuka's character rather well, but I think she's calling Shinji disgusting, it doesn't sound like a generic statement.

>>133752528
Shows that are enjoyable with your brain turned off and need no discussions to find meaning are far more suitable to make as much money as possible, anon.

Stuff that's hard to understand or find a meaning for rarely gets popular.
>>
Cuz shinji was masturbating over her body...again
>>
The animators ask to Asuka's voice about how she will feel in that situation and that what she said.

Confirmed
>>
File: Asoka.png (329 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
Asoka.png
329 KB, 704x480
>>133752579
The scene plays out as follows.
>Asuka wakes up on the beach
>Shinji start choking her. At this point the audience is not intended to know why he is doing this.
>Asuka sees that Shinji is crying.
>Asuka places her right hand on Shinji's cheek.
>Shinji stops choking Asuka and cries even harder
>Asuka says "How disgusting"
>Fin

The most important part of the scene is Asuka placing her right hand on Shinji's cheek. Throughout the entire show, right hands have symbolized connection, dependency, and most importantly identity. Asuka is placing her right hand on Shinji's cheek in response to him choking her. She is essentially answering with her right hand - and through this answer we can interpret what Shinji is 'asking' Asuka so to speak.

The whole movie culminates in Shinji learning that although life is painful - it is still worth living because pain is preferable to nothingness and happiness cannot exist without sadness. The final scene is meant to reinforce this and conclude both Shinji and Asuka's respective character arcs.

By coming back to reality, Asuka is accepting the fact that she is reliant on other people. She cannot do everything by herself and even if she could it wouldn't mean anything without other people around her. Shinji is admitting to himself that he wants to be happy and forcing himself to confront other people.

Shinji is choking Asuka because he wants to see if someone will accept him and love him even if he hurts them. Asuka replies by showing Shinji that she needs him just as badly as he needs her. They are completely dependent on other people to be happy for their own respective reasons.

Asuka thinks this is disgusting because previous to this she wanted nothing more than to be dependent on no one but herself.
>>
The entirety of the situation was literally disgusting.
>>
>>133753539
Pretty good explanation
>>
>>133753539
>>133753539
Satisfying answer, thanks anon.

I agree on most you've said, but I thought that Shinji strangles Asuka more to be certain she's real, considering he
1. is still shocked by the whole instrumentality thing and EoE events in general
2. probably has been alone for a while
3. has just seen yet another Rei ghost
4. isn't really sure wheter or not people can actually come out of instrumentality

Both his action (strangling) and Asuka's (caressing) are very out of character for them, but probably this is meant to symbolize how much Instrumentality changed them.

Maybe both characters admitted what they felt in their own mind during instrumentality: Shinji strangled her because of how much she frustrates him with her behaviour and Asuka caressed him admitting her feelings for him.

After getting out of Instrumentality, they both do what they imagined to each other to ensure themselves they're actually back.
>>
>>133752277
Anno asked Asuka's VA how she would feel if some guy came into her room and masturbated to her while she was sleeping and her response was "disgusting"
>>
Asuka is pregnant
>>
>>133753949
If she finds him disgusting, then why does she caress him?

>>133753965
And the father would be...?
>>
>>133753939
At that point Shinji is actually dead certain he's out of instrumentality. He has a long discussion with his mother, Rei, and Kaworu as to whether or not he should end instrumentality and when he ultimately decides to do so he literally breaks himself out of Stay Puff Rei's eyeball while his mom tells him how she's glad he decided to come back to reality because not being in reality sucks balls.
>>
>>133754012
>And the father would be...?
Fat faceless old man, one of them atleast.
>>
>>133754026
Definitely true, but it's understandable he wouldn't be 100% sure about Asuka after all that happened.
>>
>>133753658
This, I mean just look at what happened in the entirety of EoE's finale.
>>
It's because it was the first time she interacted with him after he jerked off to her body, and she was actually concious during that
>>
>>133752277
She's a fucking bitch that's what.
>>
File: 1432342915331.jpg (135 KB, 735x1000) Image search: [Google]
1432342915331.jpg
135 KB, 735x1000
>>133753539
Best girl Asuka really is best.
>>
>>133752277

There's not even a 'secret' interpretation when Anno's interviews been out for years: It was how she expressed her dislike for Shinji.

Her original light was: "As if someone like you would kill me!" Anno told Yuko to deliver a line that summarized how she felt if someone broke into her house and masturbated while she slept so helplessly.

She was grossed out and said: "Kimochi waruii", Anno liked it and went with it.
>>
>>133755224
*line
>>
>>133755224

Anno perved on Miyamura so fucking hard during Eva.
>>
I was always pretty sure she said that because in the soup, she saw that shinji jerked over her comatose body. Beginning mirroring the end sort of thing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_oCed_bwIo
>>
>>133752277
as an asushin fag i like thinking that she was sorry for her mean behavior, but it was probably bc shinji was masturbating over her body in the hospital scene

also this seems to be a good explanation >>133752445
>>
File: 1426960722025[1].png (63 KB, 271x267) Image search: [Google]
1426960722025[1].png
63 KB, 271x267
>>133752277

I'm one of the people who think that Asuka knew deep down that she loved Shinji. The reason for her tsundere behaviour is that she also needs somebody strong to support her, and Shinji is not the kind of person that comes to mind when you think of the word "strong". When she sees him crying in front of her, she is once again reminded that this little pathetic weakling, who will probably never be strong enough to give her the support she so desperately needs, is the person she loves. That's what makes her sick.
>>
>>133758591
I don't agree with people like you.
>>
>>133755742
The only person he ever perved on was Misato's VA
>>
>>133758591
You're a literal crackshipper who didn't understand Asuka's character at all.
You're the exact same kind of loser who thinks when a girl rejects you they're just being 'tsundere', when really they think you're just fucking ugly.

Thinking Asuka could having feelings for someone she knew for two months and tried to kill on one occasion is just wishful thinking on you're self-inserting ass.
The truth is she's far too broken to love anyone like that, not until she gets the help she needs.
>>
Asuka a shit
>>
>>133754975
Yes.
>>
>>133754975
>girl
>>
File: latest[1].png (282 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
282 KB, 640x480
>>133763420

She kissed him, snuck into his room, saw him appear before her during the mindrape, got jealous of Rei and Anno even initially planned for her to be pregnant with Shinji's child during EOE.
>>
>>133763746
Your mother
>>
>>133763746
You a shit.
>>
>>133764129
>She kissed him
To get her mind off of Kaji

>snuck into his room
Sleepwalking

>saw him appear before her during the mindrape
You mean the scene added in the directors cuts? What about it?

>got jealous of Rei
Has nothing to do with Shinji

>Anno even initially planned for her to be pregnant with Shinji's child during EOE
Literally unsourced fanwank

Get over yourself, crackshipper.
You can't pretend that Asuka suddenly has no trauma and is capable of love that even the adults in the show aren't capable of because you want to self-insert. You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>133753965
Tiffany pls go
>>
File: faggots everywhere.jpg (181 KB, 801x1000) Image search: [Google]
faggots everywhere.jpg
181 KB, 801x1000
>>133764129
Asuka literally tries to use men for validation to fill up the hole in her heart that her mother left her. It's not love and it never will be.
That's why she didn't care when she though Shinji died from Leliel and she didn't really care when Kaji died.
They might as well be puppets to her.

Sounds like you didn't understand her character because you'd rather view her as validation for yourself (through self-insertion), rather than a realistic representation of a teenage girl.
In other words, you don't really care about Asuka. Most shippers and Asukafags don't. Hence why they'd rather talk about her sex appeal than the traits and characteristics that make her so realistic and such a great character.

You're all basically doing what Asuka hates the most; seeing her only for her appearance than what she really is. You're and the rest of her fanbase are the exact kind of guys Asuka hates.

-From a true Asuka fan
>>
>>133763420
someone didn't watch End of Eva - she was the one to admit to Shinji that she loved him and needed him. This goes completeley into her character, because she was a dependent attention whore who was out-done by the one that did not really want glory.

So she is as fucked up as Shinji, and loves him, but she can't admit it to herself.
>>
Random shit put together to seem intelligent
>>
>>133764788
Nice fanwank, Evageeks.
Got a single scene to back that up?
>>
>>133764788
In Instrumentality, she also told Shinji that the very sight of him makes her sick. While fucking him. I think that sums up her attitude towards him pretty concisely.

>>133753539
Very interesting answer, though it doesn't explain Shinji's crying harder, and personally I don't think those were tears of joy.

I believe that Shinji chokes her because he already did in Instrumentality after going all "be nice to me" and Asuka saying no. So after they get out of the tang, he's perfectly aware of her feelings for him, and he follows through with doing exactly the same thing as when his hopes and dreams were crushed in the apocalyptic mindfuck. Getting rid of Asuka, basically, because she'll only ever bring him pain. Asuka reacts by showing him kindness, doing exactly what he wants, and then he realizes that getting what he wanted didn't really make him feel better at all. That's why he breaks down crying, and that's why Asuka says what she says - she sees that he's made exactly zero progress. Possibly reflecting also on her own role in this(even though she was kind to him for the first time, all she did was to cause him more pain).

So essentially it's Asuka's own commentary to the hedgehod dilemma.
>>
>>133764599
True Asuka fans are so rare.
>>
Asuka is both the thelemic babalon and the gnostic Zoe Sophia. What her returning to earth and leaving the world mind represents is prostitution of the mind.
>>
>>133765446
>prostitution of the mind
And what would that be?
>>
Maybe she was a bit disgusted that Shinji was crying and slobbering all over her. Also the fact that he masturbated over her comatose body.
>>
>>133765259
>>133764599
FYI it's a Kaworufag defending his ship. Not a "True Asukafan".

Kaworufags are very aggressive due to all the pandering they get.
>>
>>133765564
The rejection of instrumentality,>>133765564
its described in the nag hamadi library, can't remember which book specifically
>>
>>133765717
Like don't get me wrong it's not literal prostitution. Anno seems to reject gnostic arguments. He's in favour of the flesh, the material. Really, this is the ultimate bluepill
>>
I always saw that line as Asuka realizing that she was human again and thinking how disgusting humanity is. She doesn't care much for living by the end of the series, but I think she realizes that it's better than nothingness in the tang.

It's the same reason why I think Shinji is strangling her. He wants to see if he is really human and breaks down when he sees that he is and so is Asuka.
>>
>>133766004
Okay I see where you're coming from. Though how does the strangling scene play into that?
>>
Simple.

-The first person she sees is Shinji
-The fact that she has come to accept her weakness and accept Shinji for his. They depend on each other.
-That she rejected the bliss of instrumentality for this and has to come back to all the pain she has endured.
>>
>>133753539
Underrated post
>>
Friendly reminder that best girl's birthday is in 2 weeks and moot won't be here.
>>
>>133764363
>To get her mind off of Kaji
Literally fanwank. And if you disregard the director's cuts...

>Sleepwalking
My ass, she most certainly wasn't sleepwalking after she went to the bathroom and she sure knew enough about what happened to complain about it after taking down israfel. Never mind how she starts dropping hints of wanting more with her whole "the house all for hourselves" and "impenetrable wall of jericho" which by the way, did fall.

>got jealous of rei
specifically in the pool scene

and I agree, that latter is just wrong.

But way to confuse the point that the characters in the show ARE capable of love, they just don't know how to find it. That's why asuka's approach just doesn't work, while kaworu practically made Shinji melt in his arms.
>>
I heard in Japanese, the translation is closer to "I feel sick", any truth to this?
>>
>>133764599
>She didn't care when Kaji died
Lol what? She entered full blown denial about it, had to literally be shouted the truth by Shinji and then took off misato's house. That's even the reason Shinji choking her takes place in the kitchen.
>>
>>133752277
Asukalutely Disgusting
>>
>>133752277
It is Anno's disgust at faggots like you that read too much in shit.
>>
>>133754064
The child of many fathers.
>>
>>133767849
>implying he won't come back for the occasion
>>
>>133767849
>tfw you share birthdays with your waifu.
>>
>>133765651
>defending his ship
There's not really any need to defend something that actually happens in the canon, as apposed to a crackship like Asuka x Shinji.

And I most definitely am a true Asuka fan. I care about her character and that wouldn't change no matter if she was ugly or fat or unattractive; unlike 'Asukfags' who mainly like her because of this reason. I like her because I can relate to her and she drew out an emotional response from me with her story arc. That makes me more of a fan of her than any. Especially considering I understand where she's coming from more than any of these meme-loving Asukafags who would rather fap to her doujinshi than discuss her do.
>>
>>133770007
What is it that makes Kaworufags so insufferable and self-righteous?
>>
>>133752277
She's showing her disgust at you for picking a shit series and watching it till the very end.
>>
>>133770520
What is it that makes Asukafags incapable of proving me wrong?

I'm honestly just sick of Asuka not getting the attention she deserves. You fags are doing the very thing to her she absolutely despises in men.
>>
>>133768554
Actually, Anno encourages everyone to find his own meaning to Eva.

If you're too dumb to even try offering an interpretation, you can just shut up.
>>
>>133770607
I don't do this waifushit, but the amount of smug superiority and utter contempt that you show for other anons is completely unconstructive.
>>
>>133770756
Yeah fuck off.The anime was the most retarded shit ever.Just cause someone tells there is gold in a sea of shitvit does bot nean it is true.
>>
File: 1442634652134.png (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442634652134.png
2 MB, 1440x1080
>>133770773
You're right.
I'm sorry, anon-kun.
>>
"Kimochi warui" can also mean "I'm sick"

When Shinji masturbated all over her body he probably fucked her too. Which means she's pregnant sick.
>>
>>133770007
>I like her because I can relate to her
>I understand where she's coming from

Are you a precocious genius whose mother tried to kill him, anon?

>>133770863
>Don't listen to those who say it's good, it's dumb to listen to people on the internet!
>Listen to me instead, a complete stranger! my taste is clearly superior, because of reasons i won't even say!
>>
>>133770920
Girls can't impregnate other girls
>>
>>133770998
You can relate to someone who you don' have the exact same experiences as you. For example, I can see someone with abusive or absent parents being able to relate to Asuka quite easily.
>>
>>133771076
Then stop being a self-righteous faggot claiming you're the only one who can understand Asuka's character if you just had an experience that's loosely related to hers.

How do you expect a positive discussion to spark from the sheer amount of negativity you're oozing?
>>
>>133771343
But I'm not even him anon.
>>
>>133771001
L'epic.
>>
File: don't say that out loud.jpg (214 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
don't say that out loud.jpg
214 KB, 1920x1080
>>133767955
Dance Like You Want to Win is representative of the whole conflict. "It's time for children to go to bed." Asuka doesn't think of herself as a child, Shinji's her peer so he shouldn't, either, episode's full of her fucking up by demanding he rise to a level she isn't actually functioning at. He'll look, he'll play kissing games, but in her head he's rejecting every invitation to be adults. Because she's so much more mature than the little boy feeding her, cleaning up after her, and finding her after she runs away crying.
>>
>>133754064
You could always kill yourself.
>>
File: Eva in a nutshell.png (149 KB, 336x475) Image search: [Google]
Eva in a nutshell.png
149 KB, 336x475
>>133767955
They're both VERY clearly attracted to each other but they're too broken to form an healthy relationship, too different in their approach to find a way to open up to each other, and ultimately have greater issues to solve before being able to be close to each other.

After all, the harshness of human interaction and the difficulty of communicating are two of the the main themes of the show.
>>
>>133771343
It's not exactly a baseless accusation.
Most discussion relating to Asuka on /a/ is about her ass, tits, and image dumps.

As someone who really likes the character, it's just sad to see.
>>
>>133771683
>whiteknighting a fictional character
>>
>>133771683
Most discussions relating to most characters are about their bodies.

He's accusing random people on an anonymous imageboard... does that sound smart to you?
>>
>>133771705
That's not what whiteknighting means.

>>133771751
>Most discussions relating to most characters are about their bodies
Really not true.
Reifags can have pretty good discussions about Rei on here that usually never bring up the subject of her body.
>>
>>133771683
It would be nice to have a bit more variety more frequently but what you're complaining about is really par for the course. I personally find the image dumps cozy, though I rarely see an image I haven't saved yet.
>>
>>133771993
Except it's not because Asuka is the only character in Eva to get this treatment.
Fans of the other characters don't do this shit.

Making threads just to imagedump or shitpost about Reifags should not be condoned.
>>
>>133772112
>Except it's not because Asuka is the only character in Eva to get this treatment.
Rei image dumps are fairly common, though admittedly not nearly so common as Asuka ones.
>>
>>133772112
What you're claiming really doesn't hold water as far as I'm concerned. Misatofags, for example, do the same shit. I really don't find the image dumps bad at all; why not hide the thread if you find it so irksome?
It isn't as if any Evafag is trying to make themselves look better. I think we're all sufficiently aware of how we're viewed. Now I'm not saying we should abandon all notions of quality but shitposting about Reifags and whatnot are time-honored traditions.
>>
File: 1441661434798.jpg (21 KB, 258x322) Image search: [Google]
1441661434798.jpg
21 KB, 258x322
>>133772329
>I am sorry but Rei caressing Shinji's face
>>
>>133772329
Here's your reply
>>
>>133772329
This is some pretty good pasta. It reminds me of some I found a couple months ago. Unfortunately, I lost that pasta because my hard drive died. I could try to recreate it, but I feel like it wouldn't quite be the same.
>>
>I only care about eva
>I come to /a/ just to jerk off about it and pretend I'm explaining some unknown stuff that was never heard EVEN before
Yep, I still hate eva cancers. You fags don't fool anyone, bunch of disguised shitposters.
>>
>>133772753
>bunch of disguised shitposters.
We aren't disguised at all anon.
>>
>>133772805
I was almost flattered, really.
>>
Eva threads on /a/ are total cancer holy shit
you always have this smug Kaworufag shitposting about his favourite fuccboi like he was holding the Truth in his very hands
you are literally Hawk-tier
>>
>>133772889
what the fuck is her leg
>>
>>133752277
He gets rejected. He goes bi for the white hair gay and she goes bi for the four eyes girl.
>>
>>133752387
Truth. That nust be rough. Although the whole point of merging is to make everyone understand what everyone else does and thinks. Wouldn't she be forced to empathize?
>>
>>133772937
Asukafags don't know how to draw
>>
File: Evangeliowned.jpg (54 KB, 615x461) Image search: [Google]
Evangeliowned.jpg
54 KB, 615x461
>>133772753
>>
File: gayshit.jpg (313 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gayshit.jpg
313 KB, 1280x720
>>133772966
That's because
EVANGELION IS GAY PROPAGANDA
>>
>>133755742
He didn't, he liked Misato VA, though.

The point is that is a line of disgust and yet shippers believe it's TRUE LOVE LINE or some bullshit like that when Anno intended the opposite.
>>
>>133764129
She only kissed him because she was lonely and Kaji was ignoring her and went off with Misato. Same reason why she went on a date earlier with a guy.

She was a girl starving for attention and support. She didn't love Shinji or even Kaji, she just wanted just anyone's love. If Kaworu would have told her, "I love you." She would have jumped on him and rape him.
>>
File: annolol.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
annolol.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>133772753
>>
>>133764599
She did care when Kaji died. In fact when she was mindraped, she was crying and begging for Kaji's help. But her feelings are a little more complex than just romantic love.

You're right about most Asukafags and shippers.
>>
>Anno already said what it means
>people keep discussing it

Literally why?
>>
File: LAK_48497808_p24.jpg (179 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
LAK_48497808_p24.jpg
179 KB, 500x350
>>133773173
>If Kaworu would have told her, "I love you." She would have jumped on him and rape him.
OTP
T
P
>>
>>133773282
Anno never explicitly explains this scene, or really anything about NGE. This is most likely intentional.
>>
>>133773173
>Kaworu
She doesn't like Shinji or Rei much, she'd have to break down first to take only the worst parts of both.
>>
>>133771504
underrated and dead on.
>>
File: LAK_05937473504.png (28 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
LAK_05937473504.png
28 KB, 400x500
>>133773552
Kaworu is just an albino mini Kaji.
Asuka would be on her knees everytime he walked into the room.
>>
>>133752277
How many fucking times is the question going to be asked?

On the VERY off chance that this isn't b8 she says disgusting because she became aware of Shinshit masturbating to her while she was on the hospital bed and is also disgusted that he's the only other person who's "alive" with her
>>
>>133758591
>Asuka knew deep down that she loved Shinji

Stopped reading and opinion discarded

Asuka does NOT like shinji and would rather him be dead. Actually watch the shit instead of just being a crackshipping faggot

>>133764788
>someone didn't watch End of Eva
>she was the one to admit to Shinji that she loved him and needed him

U FUKIN WOT M8

LMAO DESU SENPAI

THIS IS THAT NEXT LEVEL FANFIC SHIT

>>133764129
>she kissed him
Because of Kaji
>Sneaked into his room
Sleep walking
>Jealous of Rei
Has nothing to do with Shinji, you lack comprehension
>Planned her to be pregnant with his child
Go back to evageeks
>>
>>133756844
>asushinfag
I'm so sorry for you
>>
>>133773952
Asuka's actions toward Shinji during End of Eva don't make any sense if she doesn't care about him.
>>
>>133770607
Well I know who to credit for killing eva threads. Kaworushitters pretending they understand characters more than everyone else. The faux outrage is disgusting.
>>
File: Please Explain.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Please Explain.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>133771680
I think this is true, although I often felt their attraction for each other wasn't perfectly handled. Basically it's like this guy said >>133764363 >>133763420.

Asuka definitely doesn't hate Shinji as much as she pretends and perhaps even likes him as a couple of scenes suggest. Later on in the series when she rambles on about how she hates him and everyone else, it's more about herself than it is about others. If she didn't have such a huge ego and constantly sabotaged her own life, things could've been different, but as we know they aren't and everything comes tumbling down. While at first a relationship between Asuka and Shinji might've been imaginable (even though it'd still be an unhealthy one), we see that, as the series progresses, this is not how it's going to end and such a relationship no longer seems plausible. Even though EoE ends with Asuka and Shinji on the beach, one impression I got when I finished it was that 'Shinji and Asuka are not a couple' and that's a good thing because given their character, it's the most realistic outcome.

But then there is pic related, which I don't really get. Yes, there was that scene when Asuka was jealous when she saw Rei and Shinji together, but given the context of the series plus that certain scene in itself it felt really out of place. Asuka didn't "want Shinji that way", or at least I didn't get that impression of her, especially towards the end since she was way too busy with herself. Asuka likes Shinji, but I don't think she has much reason to love him or say something like that to him. Yes, he saved her that one time during magma diver and she went sort of dere, but they have almost no 'normal/healthy' interaction during the entire series that would make her want Shinji the way that sentence implies. It's like Anno wanted to push ShinjixAsuka even though everything that happened before that works against that idea, but maybe I'm wrong and one of you can enlighten me.
>>
>>133774506
Lines like this really make it too bad that the dub was so poorly translated.
>>
>>133774506
Do you not realise that Asuka is controlling because of her own lack of control over herself?

Therefore to act as a sort of cover up for that character flaw she wants to "own" shinji and make him do whatever she wants.

Asuka was never jealous of Shinji and Rei being together for romantic purposes, let's get that straight. She was jealous of Rei because she's Gen's favourite (look at the way she refers to her as always being teacher's pet) and she disliked Shinji because of how weak and pathetic he is.

You could make an argument that early on into the series Asuka had some sort of romantic feeling for Shinji, but those quickly dissolved and she started flat out hating him before EoE.

Again though, for the pic you posted, it's simply Asuka trying to "take shinji away" from Rei because she dislikes Rei and also use her ability to manipulate Shinji to boost her self esteem seeing as she has an inability to regulate her own thoughts and emotions.
>>
>>133770007
No anon, you're a Kaworufag defending his ship really, your whole line of argumentation circles entirely in on denying any sort of relationship between asuka and shinji.

I'm no Asukafag, but I know how you losers operate.
>>
>>133753539
I guess you're right.
>>
>>133774506
Because she wants him to be a puppet to her, she wants him to WANT her so she can feel validated.
But he doesn't and that pisses her off.
It's not love, it's her desire to create a world in which everyone bows down to her. Hence she says she'd rather have nothing to do with him if he won't do that.

Also, Anno pushing Asushin? Where did you get that idea? The only couples he ever 'pushed' were MisatoxKaji and ShinjixKaworu
Even in rebuild, Shinji and Asuka have only like two scenes together. Anno doesn't seem to give a damn about developing their interactions or relationship.
>>
>>133774395
>>133775037
>hurt hurr Kaworufags
Instead of throwing out adhoms, why don't you try making a rebuttal to the points in my posts if I'm wrong like you suggest?

There is no ship defending, dude.
Shinji falling in love with Kaworu is a fact, directly spoken in the show. I don't need to defend shit,

Also, I never denied any relationship. I just explained why Asuka asks the way she does towards men and why it would be impossible for her at this point in time to love someone romantically. By Anno's suggesting otherwise is delegating her to an unrealistic representation of a broken 14 year old girl. Furthermore by surmising her entire complex character as a shallow term of 'tsundere' which isn't even applicable.
>>
>>133776672
* meant anon's, not Anno's
>>
>>133776672
It's kind of funny that you say that Asuka can't possibly be in a romantic relationship due to her mental state but don't apply the same standard to Shinji.
>>
>>133753539
this is how religion is created. reading in too much
>>
>>133776672
I'm saying you're a dumb Kaworufag whose only real contribution is creating conflict in these threads.

It is ship defending and don't proclaim yourself a "true Asukafan" when all you're doing is trying to push your own ship.

You denied the relationship by trivializing it at every turn, which in some cases also denies the character.

Just fuck off Kaworufag. You're nothing more than a shallow nobody pretending to be otherwise.
>>
>>133763944
>rei ayanami
>girl
>>
>>133776967
It's not funny. It's a Kaworufag.

You see, their entire existence is based on Kaworu and Shinji's relationship coupled with the safety they feel from the never-ending pandering they receive from the franchise.

This is why the Kaworufag attacks other characters, in this case he's zeroed in on Asuka, where all his arguments serve to decry the relationship Asuka has towards Shinji and vice versa, which he then again hides behind the lie that he's an Asuka fan.
>>
>>133755224
Hey i read this somewhere years ago. donno if wikipedia or evageek but its not there anymore...
>>
>>133773375
He explicitly told his seiyuu to picture a scene she's vulnerable and sexually harassed by a disgusting stranger who broke into her house and voice her feelings so they can record a convincing line.

That's what the line is: Asuka's disgust and nothing else. What she feels for Shinji is no different from what Yuko would feel for some stalker who broke in and fapped to her.

Anno always tells his seiyuu to bond with their character emotionally. That's why he even made Ogata choke Miyamura.
>>
>>133777435
>>133777557
YES I READ THIS YEARS AGO SOMEHWERE!! BUT WHERE?!!!
>>
>>133777435
The interview is posted online yes.

It's ridiculous to even think this scene to be used as "romantic" when the intention was the fucking opposite. If it had been the scene Shinji rescues Asuka of the volcano, sure. But this fucking scene is far from any romantic interpretation from ridiculous waifufags and shippers.
>>
>>133752277
Isn't it the line that best defines the whole show?
>>
>>133777557
That's how the seiyuu felt about the line and that's how she delivered it. That doesn't mean those are the emotions of the character in question, even if the seiyuu's emotions infomed that line.
>>
>>133777167
He's saying your shipping fantasy is just fanwank from too much evageek, waifufag.

I don't even like Kaworu and I agree with him.
>>
>>133777623
>>133777603
>>133777625
I found it on tumblr and its far more fucked up then what you guys saying. Asushing BTFO
http://kaworunagisas.tumblr.com/post/50624990410
>>
>>133777689
Go home Kaworufag.
>>
>>133777652
Anon, are you just retarded? Anno told her this so she'll be in a similar mood to Asuka in order to deliver the LINE TO HIS SATISFACTION.

If it had been meant to be some kind of positive feeling in her voice or in the mood that SHE WAS TRYING TO PORTRAY, Anno would have said something like "your crush is the one who breaks in and does this"; he simply doesn't do that. He's the one sinking your pet pairing. Not Miyamura.
>>
>“‘At last Anno asked me ‘Miyamura, just imagine you are sleeping in your bed and a stranger sneaks into your room. He can rape you anytime as you are asleep but he doesn’t. Instead, he masturbates looking at you, when you wake up and know what he did to you. What do you think you would say?’ I had been thinking he was a strange* man, but at that moment I felt disgusting. So I told him that I thought 'Disgusting.’ And then he sighed and said, 'I thought as much.’”

Asushin BTFO
>>
>>133777726
Anno always does that kind of thing to motivate his actors in the 'right mood'. He depressed them for 3.0, for the record. Ogata had a nervous breakdown.

Anyone trying to write the scene as romantic when, if I remember Satsukawa correctly, was supposed to be about "communication", it's just fucking idiotic.
>>
>>133777915

Yes, and Miyamura wants "Asuka to have a happy ending this time." It's one of her wishes for Rebuild.
>>
>>133777942
exactly. i never seen any element of romance in the anime.
>>
>>133777793
The way I remember it, he was basically just spitballing because he couldn't get the delivery he wanted for the final line. She went with kimochi warui and he like it, so he kept the line. The method for getting delivery does not dictate the meaning of the line.

Also, I'm not a shipper, I just think that line has more than just the one interpretation.
>>
>seriously arguing for romantic relationships between characters

Literally the worst way to interpret Evangelion. It's pretty much a dead giveaway that you either didn't understand or you just decided to flat out ignore the messages of the series.
>>
>>133777942
What did he do exactly?
>>
>>133777991
There were a lot of sexual elements (including between Asuka and Shinji) and some romantic ones (mostly Kaji and Misato, and to some degree Kaworu and Shinji) but this was never meant to be a ship friendly show. It was about hurtful relationships, not some kind of haremshit bullshit people want.

>>133778019
The method for the delivery does dictate his intention. For 3.0, he show Ogata scenes of the earthquake and tsunami disaster and told her that this is x1000 times was all Shinji's fault and doing. He wanted her delivery and emotion behind her guilt to be convincing.

It's the same with Miyamura. To Anno, what Asuka feels with Shinji in that last scene is no different to what Miyamura could have be with a pseudo rapist stranger.
>>
>>133778085
>adoring non existent characters so much you become disillusioned and try to pair them up
yea, pretty common with weebs, and i dont just mean towards anime
>>
>>133778148
He basically made Ogata a mess by doing this >>133778132 He was an insensitive prick who, in some anniversary of the tsunami, thought it was a good idea to record the Shinji discovers the truth lines and made Ogata, who has some depression issues, nearly break down. It was so bad that Ishida, who is usually aloof, brought her something to drink and tried to calm her down.
>>
>>133778217
*different order of post reference
>>
>>133778217
>projects his mental illness upon the whole otaku fanbase
>pushes extremely hard his already underpaid co-workers
>molests seiyuu for line delivery purposes
What a great guy he is.
>>
>>133778085
Imagine a whole sub-group that exists for nothing else. Kaworufags.
>>
>>133778019
>He thinks the line "disgusting" has more than one interpretation

You're fucking retarded

Asuka's Seiyuu herself said that Asuka felt nothing but disgust towards Shinji and that she was glad that Asuka finally moved on from him

Fuck off
>>
>>133778839
shut the fuck up already, you made your point
>>
>>133778906
>There can't be more than one person involved in a conversation and have the same view point

Kill yourself
>>
>>133777625
This. It's serves as a final reflection of all that shit that just occurred for an hour and a half.
I felt pretty disgusted by the end of it.
>>
>>133778997
Not that guy but get the fuck back to /cm/ where you belong, Kaworufag.
>>
File: 1441938472103.jpg (193 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1441938472103.jpg
193 KB, 800x600
>>133779267
>Because someone disagrees with shipping in Eva, especially shipping two character where one character quite literally hates the other they're a kaworufag

Never change /a/
>>
File: 1431835210507.jpg (150 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1431835210507.jpg
150 KB, 1024x576
>>133753965
>>
>>133768029
>>133770920

Nope. I think the translator fucked up and it's meant to be "You make me sick." Would work with the "How disgusting" line because if she's "sick", it's caused by something disgusting, right?
>>
>>133779338
You never change, Kaworufag. That's why you get outed every time.
>>
>>133770920
the german dub translates it as " i feel sick"
>>
>>133752277
I thought that it was because he masturbed on her
>>
It was a lot of things, mainly her remembering what he did in the hospital and seeing he's as fucked up as her during Instrumentality.
>>
File: Number 1 Auska Fan.jpg (218 KB, 370x540) Image search: [Google]
Number 1 Auska Fan.jpg
218 KB, 370x540
Reminder that you will never be your own waifu.
>>
>>133752277
Bruh, she knows that Shinji jerked it to her. Originally the line was supposed to be something like, "I wouldn't let you be the one that killed me", but Miyamura couldn't get the line out correctly, so Anno asked her what she would say if a stranger came in to your room while you're sleeping and masturbates to you, and when you wake up you know what that person did. Miyamura said that she'd feel disgusting. And thus the final line.
>>
Posting the best Eva girl.
>>
Why isn't the state Asuka reappears in a bigger deal? Between chopped into meat or fully restored, she just happens to come out at the bare minimum for needing someone to take care of her.
>>
>>133783956
Literally Shinji in a wig and contacts
o Nadia in a wig and contacts after being inside for too long
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.