[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Card Captor Sakura
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 18
File: 80751987519870.jpg (244 KB, 1706x960) Image search: [Google]
80751987519870.jpg
244 KB, 1706x960
What a god damn adventure. It's so common nowadays for me to reach the end of a manga or anime and wind up completely disappointed due to some strange plot twist in a vain attempt to come off as original or even something as the creators simply being unable to put the hammer to the final nail, so to speak.

This anime gave me none of that bullshit however. Like any anime it has its ups and downs, but I never felt it sunk anywhere below average, with its highs going so far as to even make me shed a tear now and then (those great grandfather episodes, that episode where Mei Lin returns just for Shaoron to turn her down). A consistently entertaining show with a surprising number of interesting plot twists caps itself off with a satisfying final movie.

I have so much I want to say about this, but I doubt anyone would read it. So I'll just say, thanks to the anons from nearly a month ago who I randomly stumbled upon discussing this. It ended up leading me to one of the most innocent, heartfelt, and wonderful media I've ever watched.

Oh, and greatest love story ever told is Sakura and Shaoron.

But my OTP of the show was Toya and Mirror. Their precious few moments together nearly made me die.
>>
goddamn you could park a car between their eyes, lengthwise.
>>
CCS really is great.
>>
>>133740734
I appreciated that the development for each of the characters and the plot always had a clear direction, and while the result of those developments had a really obvious outcome from the start, they got their closure in a really satisfying way. Besides, what it did best were the character interactions, some of them recurring but always amusing (like Toya's teasing of Sakura) while others were unexpected surprises (Kero and Spinel for example). And yes, it was all very honest and it had quite a bit of heartwarming and emotional moments. It didn't try to be more than it really is, but strangely enough I'd say that's what made this series so great.
>>
Top 10 show of mine for sure.
>>
Shrine lady said she had to leave Toya, and that when she returned they would both love someone else instead of each other.

Toya loved Yuki.

The next time we see the lady is when she returns with Eriol. We even see her with Eriol, Spinel, and Ruby in the movie when he calls Sakura.

Did Misuzuki (sp?) go full /ss/?
>>
>70 episodes
fuck off old anime
>>
File: 23.jpg (160 KB, 961x722) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
160 KB, 961x722
CCS is probably one of the few, if any, anime that /a/ agrees on being good (excluding those who hate the Magical Genre entirely)

Lots of action while being non-violent, funny at time, dramatic (well so much as a kid show can get) and just well rounded out.

What /a/ can agree on:
>Eriol is a dick
>The show is so good even the butchered mess that was the dub is only average

What /a/ cannot agree on:
>Which OP is the best
>>
File: 11.jpg (149 KB, 961x721) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
149 KB, 961x721
>>133741686
The show is full of lines that can be taken out of context and the yuri is off the charts in some cases
>>
>>133740734
How they handled all the relationships in that anime/manga was great.
It was nice see's how things developed for everyone. (Episode 66 comes to mind)

But yeah, great show.
>>
>>133741719
It's a card of the day show to start off with, no need to marathon it.
It is worth a look into.

I have too many screengrabs from this to be healthy
>>
>>133741783

You had to mention the OP's.
It's almost like you wanted the shit flinging to start.

PS-First OP is the best.
>>
>>133741925
This. Most anime I watch in a marathon sort of way, blitzing through them, but I took my time with this one, a few episodes a day. Just felt right.

That said, I have to admit there were times when I just couldn't stop myself, the climax of season 2 and 3 being the biggest examples.
>>
>>133741925
>>133741995
Eh, thanks for the push. I was mostly just shitposting, planning on watching it anyways, but yeah anything over two cours these days is daunting to start.
>>
>>133741783
OP 3 was the best one hands down, but I love the first one too.
>>
File: 1.jpg (125 KB, 722x541) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
125 KB, 722x541
Obligatory OP links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDBSV8DL1lU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpr460TaMrA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQjCFvaNwJQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERpK-7K70ws

Love the start of 3 but prefer 2 overall
>>
>>133741995
I too watched between 1 and 3 episodes per day. My least favorite episodes were some of the 20 something ones. For the best ones, like the closure of the first main plot, I watched maybe 7 or 8 episodes in a row. There really is no need to force oneself to push through this, or any other show really.
>>
>>133742441
>When the Earth card showed up at the end of the one of the episodes

I was biting my lip. You just knew shit was about to hit the fan.
>>
>>133742515
Yeah at that point I just had to keep on watching. Being the only cliffhanger in the entire series says a lot.
>>
>>133742638
Wow that's a good point isn't it? Even when she went to face Eriol it was all resolved in one episode I believe. The earth card showing up really is the only cliffhanger. That's crazy.
>>
>>133740734
Watch it yearly, son. It's good for the soul.
>>
File: Windy+Watery.jpg (158 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Windy+Watery.jpg
158 KB, 960x720
>>133742515
Can't actually remember that. The 'shit just got real' moment for me was when this happened.

This was shortly preceded by Sakura opting for the most idiotic things to do when there is a fire:
>Put everyone fleeing the burning themepark to sleep
>Use wind on fire
>>
>>133742754
The single moment of the entire show that I actually made a vocal sound of dismay. I swear I almost said aloud "Sakura what the fuck are you doing". People could be burning alive and you put them to sleep, then you use wind on fire. God damn.

But yeah, that was a good moment. Shaoron's "WHAT? TWO CARDS?!" reminded me of all those moments in shows like these where the protagonist does something crazy.
>>
File: 1216680832443.jpg (116 KB, 744x911) Image search: [Google]
1216680832443.jpg
116 KB, 744x911
>>133740734
>>
>>133742996

absolutely disgusting
>>
File: adult sakura.jpg (1 MB, 2110x1500) Image search: [Google]
adult sakura.jpg
1 MB, 2110x1500
>>133742996
Now now Sakura is too pure for all that.
Give it a few years maybe
>>
>>133741686
The anime actually watered down some of the relationships from the manga. Remember Sakura's classmate that had a crush on their teacher? In the manga they were a couple. Eriol and Mizuki sensei? They went full /ss/ there. And Tomoyo's mom was full lesbian for Sakura's mom. Sakura x Shaoran was the only normal relationship in the entire manga.

Also, for some reason the anime skipped one major twist at the very end involving Sakura's family, but I won't spoil that, just read it.
>>
>>133742754
I could get behind her reasoning to put people to sleep but I was baffled when she took out Windy first when she has a water-based card. Then again she's what, 11 or 12 years old at that point? I think at that age a dense MC is pretty valid. Regardless of that though, her card choice was silly no matter how you look at it. But besides that, I really liked it as a last season episode, it had a nice mood and closure with Kero getting back some of his powers and Sakura getting an opportunity to go out with her crush.
>>
>>133740734
Mei Lin really added to the Manga's story. It was a pleasure to have her. Also, Groovy was the best.
>>
>>133743082
>20 year old Sakura
If only she would live that long...
>>
>>133743082
No.
>>
>>133743218
I'm sure she did, we never did get a date for that incident.
>>
>>133741783
Platina, of course. Any other option is...respectable but wrong.
>>
>>133743246
>>133743218
W-what...?
>>
>>133742391
Ohgod, that ENG OP!
This is the one we got here at Tacoland:
https://youtu.be/HvXXlRmeHx8
>>
File: Kero mad.jpg (122 KB, 961x723) Image search: [Google]
Kero mad.jpg
122 KB, 961x723
>>133743246
I keep hearing about this, will never watch that show because of it and I cling to the view that it's a completely different universe.

For those wondering, some other anime came out later with characters matching names and looks with those in CCS. It is implied somewhere in this show that Sakura died being run over by a car
>>
How the fuck was Tomoyo born with her mom being such a turbo lesbian. Did she go to a sperm donor or something?
>>
>>133743358
Don't mind us, Sakura is the sweetest girl ever and that all that matters.
>>
>>133743082
Jesus, I would pound that 20y.o. Sakura so hard
>>
>>133743409
She is rich as fuck, so probably.
>>
>>133743426
>>133743393
I'm just going to assume this is all fucking bullshit and live in my own ignorant world where the series ends with the movie and everyone lived happily ever after.
>>
>>133743377
The thing about the english one (not sure about other territories) is they did more than just dub it.
They chopped the show heavily and made it so that Shaoran was somehow the main character.

I have no full list of changes but it sounds boggling
>>
Best OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQjCFvaNwJQ
Best ED: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYfNH7aDTII

If you agree you have patrician taste.
>>
File: little girls card games.png (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
little girls card games.png
1 MB, 1440x1080
>>
>>133743501
I'm glad to see a Man of Wealth and Taste here.
>>
>>133743636
>Shaoron never got the chance to give the cards he captured over to Sakura

Fucking asshole Yue. At least there's the teddy bear.
>>
>>133740734
Indeed, when it ended it left me empty.
>>
I remember finding it kind of fucked up that the protagonists were all gay for the glasses guy, then they turn out to not be gay due to some magical nonsense and glasses guy is an archangel.
It was still pretty good.
>>
File: 18.jpg (192 KB, 961x723) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
192 KB, 961x723
>>133743474
nevermind Wiki to the rescue

The first episode aired in Kids' WB's version was "Sakura's Rival", the eighth episode of the series, having removed episodes focusing on Sakura and to have the show start with Syaoran's arrival. The series ran for 39 episodes, changing the original episode order but finishing with the show's actual final episode.

From 70 to 39 episodes, I'm tempted to find this and watch it just to drink in the madness
>>
>>133743723
Probably the weakest part of the entire show. I think they just wanted a romantic rival for Sakura to add a bit of spice to her relationship with Yukito, but they didn't really want to add another character either, so they just had Shaoron fill in instead.
>>
File: neverending sakura.gif (442 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
neverending sakura.gif
442 KB, 360x270
You can never have too much Sakura
>>
>>133743636

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZI3LluFbk0
>>
>>133743463
I assume they are talking about Tsubasa Chronicles?
>>
File: Kero quality.jpg (151 KB, 961x721) Image search: [Google]
Kero quality.jpg
151 KB, 961x721
>>133743858
Just can't beat that Clamp quality!
>>
>>133743872
Yeah that's the one, couldn't remember the name.
>>
>>133743636
What if CCS was more like Yu Gi Oh?

>they both have their 20th next year
>CCS gets nothing
>Clamp wants another fucking TSUBASA
>>
>>133740734
>that scene where yukito deconstructs sakuras love for him as sort of a mirroring of her love for her father

While it might not be that deep for real life, for an anime it blew my mind that it went that far
>>
>>133744078
That didn't blow my mind. In fact I thought it was a little bit of a cop out.

Then fucking Yuki tells Toya later that he said all of that as a lie and that he knew that Sakura actually had some love for him, but he wanted to let her down easy so he convinced her he loved him only as family.

Now THAT blew my mind.
>>
>>133740734
>Oh, and greatest love story ever told is Sakura and Shaoron

mah nig
>>
>>133743972
> not wanting Yu Gi Oh be more like CCS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrvGZTWwxJE
>>
>>133746183
>>
Anybody read Tsubasa?
>>
>>133740734
>Oh, and greatest love story ever told is Sakura and Shaoron.
It was pretty mediocre really
>>
>>133740734
>But my OTP of the show was Toya and Mirror. Their precious few moments together nearly made me die.

Touya loves Yukito, and they are together in many multiverses so it's confirmed soulmates in CLAMP rules.
>>
File: Cardcaptor Sakura Zoetrope.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Cardcaptor Sakura Zoetrope.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>133740734
CCS gets my award of "most satisfying series to watch". The only slightly negative thing I can think of is the BL baiting with Syaoran and Yukito and handwaving it away as Syaoran being attracted to his moon magic, but that's a minor complaint.
>>
>>133740734
>greatest love story
>"The guy I had a creepy love for loves my big brother instead of me, now I gotta find some other guy to fuck, since I'm already 10 years old so of course I need a guy in my life right away! Oh yeah, there's Shaoron"

That fucking shota love ruined everything I liked about CCS until then, they should have just treated her like a functioning human girl instead of some penis craving shit.
>>
Has there ever been a more satisfying finale? Disappearance is the only thing that could match it.
inb4 Disappearance isn't a finale
>>
Holy shit I watched this show as a kid on the WB and was thinking about it the last couple of weeks, but couldn't remember the name.
Thanks for reminding me of a moment from my childhood
Definitely going to look into it now
>>
i liked that they fell in love gradually.
most animes use big events or something like that to justify why the characters fell in love, but here it was very natural.
>>
>>133748450
Did you or did you not want the BL because you got plenty of that with ToyoXYukito. His attraction is quite based as he was also attracted to Sakura's dad in the manga. There is plenty of gay shit in CLAMP works.
>>
>>133748569
>innocent toy ship.
>anything to do with sex.
Nice baito desu.
>>
>>133748288
Yeah, it's decent up until the last couple of arcs. I don't think about it too much and just look at the pretty pictures.
>>
CCS had some pretty great characters and subplots, but a majority of the card capturing process is retarded.

>>133749254
Most anime don't have 70 episodes.
>>
>>133743393
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien? Is it good?
>>
>>133749261
Just the fact they built up on it and suddenly ditched it with a bullshit "moon magic" excuse was the problem. Considering how thoughtful the rest of the series is, it was quite off-putting when they handwaved it like that instead of resolving it in a better manner.
>>
>>133743393
>spoiler
THAT GODDAMN TRUCK

I know it's not a truck, I just don't want to get mad at TRC again
>>
Why are you guys calling the guy whom Sakura created The Hope for Shaoron?

I've always spelled it Syaoran.
>>
>>133740734
Can't really go wrong with MOTW SOL
>>
>>133744136
>Then fucking Yuki tells Toya later that he said all of that as a lie

I believe you, butI legit don't remember that
>>
>>133751940
>tfw the US Blu-rays use Xiaolang
>>
>>133743852
This gif's loop always fucks with my head. The Sakuras flow perfectly but the baton doesn't.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.