[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kaiji
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 29010.jpg (77 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
29010.jpg
77 KB, 225x350
Why does this stupid fucker keep throwing his money away? Why doesn't he use the money he wins to live comfortably for the rest of his life? What's his endgame here?
>>
Gamburu addiction
>>
>>133736778
because he's a good guy. Good guys don't get rich. (At least not in *good* anime)
>>
DAGA
>>
>>133736778
Because he lives to gamble instead of gambling to live as everyone around him does. It's what makes him an interesting and unique character.
>>
>>133736996
To expound on this further, I believe in one of the episodes he specifically mentions that he lives for the intense "heat" and icy "cold" feelings he gets when he gambles and it's the only times he truly feels alive.
>>
>>133736778
fucking normie
>>
File: smugkaiji.jpg (57 KB, 400x408) Image search: [Google]
smugkaiji.jpg
57 KB, 400x408
>>133736778

Because for all of his successes and victories, Kaiji is a loser. Fate dumps his financial security into the toilet, but its always Kaiji who flushes the shitter in the end. He throws away what few victories he earns because he is a bum. Think about it. He's so inept, he doesn't understand how to handle success in a responsible way. So he always self-destructs.

He's a hurricane of addictions and vice, but I think another reason why he has such a hard time living decently is because he's lonely. Look at the kind of company he attracts. They're all just as shitty as he is, if not shittier. And whenever he bumbles into the company of losers who actually possess the capacity to feel for him, something always spoils their relationship. The only time he was able to experience things like friendship and camaraderie and the satisfaction of a "job well done" were when he was digging his way out of the labor camp, or marching his motley crew of wage-slaves across the Tokyo skyline. He throws his money away because its the only way he knows how to return to those feelings.

He's a terrible person, but he could not be a better fit for his story. I hope he finds his happy ending somewhere, even if he doesn't die rich. I'm not saying Kaiji is the kind of shill who would die happy knowing friendship saved the day. Fuck that.

But I think that after all the shit he's experienced, even if he dies poor, sick, and miserable, if he can look back on his life and pick out at least ONE person who made all that crap worthwhile, maybe he'd find his peace.
>>
>>133736862
SHIKASHHIIII
>>
>>133737672
I think Kazuya is probably the best person he could've met. Like despite all the betrayals, Kaiji remains strangely optimistic and has a strong belief in the goodness of people. Eventually I bet Kazuya will set him straight.
>>
>>133738019
More like Kaiji will set Kazuya straight.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kJXwCuBCDI
>>
>>133736778
>>133737672
It's rather because he is too nice of a person
In the first arc where he won, the poker one, he almost failed because he trusted these two people, who have betrayed him TWICE, each, before, but he knew that these two would never agree to be put in the dark room themselves. This act of kindness almost screwed him over
Then when he forced others to save him, he had some money left and realized that everyone bitching about money this and money that is horrible and decided to "throw away" that money by saving an old man who was too naive and honest.
In the first bridge game it was his niceness that made him fail to get the #1 or #2 spot.
Then after he won in E-card, he decided to make it his goal to do the same thing akagi did, but for different reasons, and that is bring down the evil "emporer" aka the evil powerful rich guy by gambling against him.
He failed as we know.
Then when they battled the bog, he again was too naive and nice to think that Endou would pull a last trick, which caused Kaiji to lose most of his winnings.
And then Kaiji was too nice to divide the remains of his winnings among the other 45'ers. And THEN Kaiji was too nice by using the rest of his and the other 45'ers money by saving that other guy.
After Kaiji finally won again with the Mahyong game, he decided again to bring down Hyoudou, because he is evil and shit.

But of course, as we know, Kaiji only won a lot of times because he trusted other and others trusted him. It's a double edged sword, but it is the only one he's got
>>
File: img000015.png (1 MB, 976x1417) Image search: [Google]
img000015.png
1 MB, 976x1417
>>133738529
>It's rather because he is too nice of a person

No, reread it again. Hyoudou himself says Kaiji is addicted to these life and death situations and will probably keep seeking it. He wants to fight Kazuya not out of a desire to avenge his comrades, but because he thinks the flow is with him.
Whe he's not in these, he's practically a living corpse without focus. He loves to gamble, which is why he dumps the rest of the money he had post-The Bog in standard Pachinko like a dunce. He's human trash, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>133738736
>Hyoudou himself says Kaiji is addicted to these life and death situations
One doesn't negate the others

The reason why he uses gambles to battle his fights and why he can't hold on cheap change is because of his addiction, BUT the reason why he always loses his huge winnings is simply because he is too nice, as provided by my above examplse

he never lost that huge amount simply because he loves the thrill of a gamble, that wasn't his motivation when he did ANY of the big gambles
>>
>>133737672
I started to realize that he was going to loss terribly to Hyōdō and lose his fingers once the game started.

He was pushing his luck way too far, especially since he already gotten his debt money.
>>
>>133738529
>In the first bridge game it was his niceness that made him fail to get the #1 or #2 spot.
Wouldn't he have to have pushed someone to get those though?

>Then after he won in E-card, he decided to make it his goal to do the same thing akagi did, but for different reasons, and that is bring down the evil "emporer" aka the evil powerful rich guy by gambling against him.
He did that because he was pissed off about what he had to do to win, less than I Must Punish Evil
>>
>>133739842
i knew the moment he tried to cheat

normally he only cheats by exploiting others who cheated first
he became what he hated
>>
File: 1447262067825.jpg (470 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
1447262067825.jpg
470 KB, 2448x2448
>>133736778
Kaiji's story is just the story of being the king of losers.

Kaiji and his nakama are all gomi. But thru the grace of hyoudou-sama he is given the opportunity to gamburu for his freedom and kane. He kachis because he is not as kuzu as the hito he competes with. Daga, because he's such a dame-ningen he's bound maketa in the end and start the cycle over.

Owata
>>
Because he doesn't want to live comfortably. He wants PINZORO and shit,
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.