[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legal Content
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: daisuki-logo-2.png (5 KB, 575x333) Image search: [Google]
daisuki-logo-2.png
5 KB, 575x333
Why doesn't /a/ like legal options for Anime/Manga? Soon it will be the only way to experience your hobby as industry leaders get serious with takedowns, arrests and lawsuits. Voluntary shutdowns are soon to become commonplace as well as seen with Imperial and RHS. Can't fight 'em so might as well submit to 'em.
>>
>>133703801
Because the fans do them better and |>for free which is ridiculous.
>>
My only real issue is I need subs to like 4 different places to get everything.
>>
>>133703836
>the fans do them better

This is a meme. Stop it.
>>
Anime is for birds
>>
If this ever becomes the case then I'll just stop watching.
>>
>>133703801
>Soon it will be the only way to experience your hobby as industry leaders get serious with takedowns, arrests and lawsuits.
yes I'm sure the japs are extremely upset that some sweaty gaijin is doing nonprofit, amateur translations of their manga and uploading it for westerners
>>
>>133703889
they do it better and faster the vast, vast majority of the time.
>>
>Soon it will be the only way

People have said that about every kind of media in existence. Pirates always find a way.
>>
>>133703801
Spoken like a true redcoat.
Go back to your shithole of a country, lobster.
>>
I don't think they're stupid enough to kill their market like that.
>>
You're absolutely right OP. I remember back when Napster got shut down and it put an end to all online music piracy. The end is truly nigh.
>>
>>133703801
Ye sure, just like they stopped piratebay and torrenting in general right? This shit will never stop
>>
>>133703977
>>133703934
Worst case scenario, we might have to move to the deep web. But online piracy will always be around.
>>
>>133703932

Complementary nature of fansubs is its only merit. The quality of the product can be heavily debated.
>>
>>133704058
You're not going to have to move to the deep web to pirate anime/manga. That's ridiculous.
>>
>>133704085
>speed
oh yeah, hows yenpress/viz/whatever else in the speed department? How well do they translate? slow as dogshit and so amateur they can't stick to a type of honorific is what.
>>
File: 1442949907167.jpg (86 KB, 835x625) Image search: [Google]
1442949907167.jpg
86 KB, 835x625
>>133704058
If manga moves to deep web, how deep would you have to go for CP?
>>
>>133704181
Can you not read
>worst case scenario

Of course such a scenario is ridiculous. At this current point in time, no one cares enough to put in so much effort to eradicate anime and manga piracy.
>>
>people seriously believe that pirating will ever disappear from the internet

There is nothing they can't do to stop it.
>>
>implying the American government has time to worry about chinese cartoons.

They're far too busy with black people and what bathroom a tranny gets to use.
>>
>>133703801
most of /a/ are cheapskates rationalizing it with "fans does it better" even they can't even understand japanese
>>
Where the fuck are the older episodes of anige eleven?
>>
>>133703801
The majority of /a/ are simply cheap bastards, myself included. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>133703801
Because Daisuke only uploads 480p video, they can fuck off.
>>
>>133704365
More like the majority of the internet. Everyone piraate even normalfags.
>>
>cheapskates
shill detected
>>
>>133704365
I'm sure if subbed anime aired on basic cable, more westerners would watch it.

Asians pirate a ton of western media too anyway, so who cares.
>>
>>133703801
>Why doesn't /a/ like legal options for Anime/Manga?
Because there's a free alternative and if I'm really autistic enough about supporting studios and anime I like, I'd just buy the BDs. There's literally no reason to pay for these shitty services.
>>
Give me reasons why people should pirate instead of legal stream. I'm making a video about why english companies lie just to make a buck.
>>
>>133703801
Because I don't want to pay for it?
>>
>>133704468
>translations are slow as dogshit
>Translations vary in quality the same as fansubs
>most of the money goes to the distributor rather than the studio/mangaka
>regularly shaft partially-completed stories because they didnt sell fifty million copies, but then sue the bejeesus out of anyone the catch translating further
>>
>>133704497
/thread
>>
File: 1411151597124.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1411151597124.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
>people are still using the entertainment industry's smear-tactic word for file-sharing
>>
I can't speak for anime, but if there was a paid, legal manga translating subscription service that was timely I'd be all over it.

The amount of manga I have backlogged because the scan group imploded is retarded. Crunchy started some of it, and their app is pretty good, but the selection isn't that good.
>>
>>133704058
>we might have to move to the deep web
Fan translators arent going to do it if the only people who'll read it and suck their epeen are those who can use the deep web
>>
>>133704525
>Translations vary in quality the same as fansubs
These is the fundamental problem with legal translations. I was thinking about getting One Punch Man, but then I see some of the translations. I legitimately though it was a joke sub.
>>
>>133703801

Honestly, the third parties dealing with anime and manga translations are shit and are never any better than fansubs, not to mention dubs are plain awful 99% of the time.

I'd rather we be given the option of free, or a better product (i.e. extras that come with box sets) but those are rarely offered outside of Japan.

>Soon it will be the only way to experience your hobby as industry leaders get serious with takedowns, arrests and lawsuits.
"The Industry" has had that option for literally DECADES and haven't done shit. They lack funds and political standings to do anything about piracy, especially internationally, and there are always ways around their attempted take downs.

We already have networks of completely anonymous international distributers and clients, there's literally no way for them to stop piracy and only the idiot kids that don't have money anyway will be caught
>>
>>133704647
>miss nee-san (sister)
honestly, the average fansub is usually better quality, becuase it is made in mind of actual fans who don't need to be treated like actual retards by the subber.
>>
>>133703801
Bad translations or bad localizations
Shit typesetting.

No Karaoke.

Usually bad bitrate as well.

Basically, fansubbers did it better three years ago. And they'd be acceptable today if they didn't do the typesetting so lazily.
>>
Why is it an issue?
Even if the absolute worst comes to pass people will still just rip and torrent the HorribleSubs rips.
Piracy will always stick around, the more digital we become the easier it is to pirate.
>>
>>133703801
I wouldn't mind paying for subscriptions if they were available where I live, but most of the time, the series I do follow are niche as hell, and have been going for long enough that it would take too long for official translations to catch up.
>>
>>133704611
Considering the amount of illegal and immoral content flooding anime and manga, they might be forced to. I mean, loli alone is enough to get you arrested in most First World countries. Now incest, hate speech, and rape.
>>
>>133703801
I like daisuki because it is actually owned and operated by the anime studios. Everyone else is owned by Jews.
>>
>>133703801
I think they're great. Let wageslaves keep companies like CR in business while we get the ripped subs for free.

The downside is that I don't really see the love or passion that used to be in the sub community. Yeah "TL note: LOL XD" was dumb, but it was nice to know that everyone was human. Now it feels like subs are just dispensed out of a machine. I'm probably just an overly sentimental Luddite though.
>>
>>133704813
>any country that does not respect FREEDOMS and is not US of A
>first world
go fuck yourself Ahmed
>>
>>133703801
>Can't fight 'em so might as well submit to 'em.
This isn't what Kamina taught us.
>>
>>133704902
Good, Kamina was a faggot.
>>
>>133704826
Too bad the video quality sucks balls and the translations are dodgy as fuck
>>
>>133704826
b-but muh downloads are superior to streaming

Let's face it, if anime were free to download in TV quality with decent subtitles, we wouldn't need file-sharing unless it was region-locked
>>
>>133704860
>but it was nice to know that everyone was human
The problem was that we had to deal with the egos of humans, fuck fansubbers
>>
>>133703801
I want to test/try it before buying it.

It isn't a consumable so it's okay, no one will lose anything even if I don't bought it.
>>
>>133703889
What do even define a meme as? Anything you disagree with? He's also right, the only reason official subs now are even remotely good is because they're competing with fansubs. Take the fansubs away and they'll just stop trying again.
>>
File: Kiss.jpg (16 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Kiss.jpg
16 KB, 600x337
>>133704930
>Kamina was a faggot.
>>
>>133703801
>Why doesn't /a/ like legal options for Anime/Manga

Downloading rips has literally no competition right now, being free, better quality audio and video, and with the same, if not better, subtitles.

No one wants an inferior product, even if it's free.
>>
>>133703801
There are no legal options for probably ninety-five percent of my manga, and even for the ones that have legal options, why would I pay for something I can get for free?
>>
>voluntary shutdowns
>RHS
Are you retarded? Their raw provider was arrested.
>>
Well, there's pretty much Funi, Daisuki, and Crunchyroll.

Funi is a complete shitshow. Bad translations, bad bitrate, fucked up colors, etc.

Daisuki, even in 1080p, has simply too low of a bitrate to be good. The ads, while mild, aren't blockable or avoidable, and come from a pool of ads of 3. Their website is unstable as shit. Poor quality translations.

Crunchyroll has almost reached borderline acceptable. Bitrate is good for a streaming service when the site isn't unstable. Has banding issues. Translations are least common denominator tier at times. The money pretty much only goes to middlemen, so I can't even feel morally superior. I do like that they seem to have made no effort to stop youtube-dl from working though.

They're all shit, but nothing makes me angrier than Funimation getting US exclusive on something.
>>
>>133703801
Because the quality they offer is absolute and complete rubbish, from the ridiculously low sub quality to the piss-poor (often non-existent) typesetting, to the speed of the service (e.g. crunchyroll often air an episode a whole day or even three late because they don't sub per se and actually just get a script to collate to the video), to the quality of the video (funimation is notorious for this: they oversaturate and overbrighten the video for no reason which makes many scenes downright impossible to see, and everything is pretty blinding otherwise).

On top of that, you get ads or you have to pay. While they existed, fansubbers were at least an entire order of magnitude better overall, even excluding price from the equation.
>>
Because it's another of Daiz's schemes
>>
>>133705365

They could have found another autistic anon
>>
We need a Netflix equivalent in the Chinese Cartoons sphere. We thought it would be Crunchyroll, but they failed us. Until then, we pirate to the last man.
>>
>>133705414
Not when the ones caught are ratting out everyone else
>>
>>133705468
Netflix is the Netflix of chinese cartoons, but they suck just as much
>>
>On noes this the end of piracy

OP confirmed for underage scum
>>
>>133705365
It is a voluntary shutdown. They're closing up while they have the option not to because they don't want anyone to come after them.
>>
>>133705468
Anime has enough services as is. Manga doesn't have shit and Light novels somehow have it even worse.
>>
>>133705507

Doesn't Netflix only have shitty dubs anyhow?
>>
File: Baka Ass Motherfucker.jpg (54 KB, 480x622) Image search: [Google]
Baka Ass Motherfucker.jpg
54 KB, 480x622
>>133703889
It's true though, nice bait post though.
Type setting alone wanes me to fan subs. Funi shit subs with their yellow font color is fucking atrocious.
>>
>>133705575

This. Crunchyroll's Manga library sucks ass. So many series I want translated, but they will never pickup for whatever bullshit reason.
>>
>>133705585
Dubs check em and subs
>>
>>133705666
Well, fuck
>>
Crunchyroll and friends will only start winning when they have original content.
>>
>>133705666
Hail satan
>>
Support crunchyroll by reading their manga!
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=756814
>>
File: 01.jpg (10 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
10 KB, 194x259
>>133705365

>Red hawk Scans

More like Yellow Chicken Scans
>>
>>133703801
>Can't fight 'em so might as well submit to 'em.
Its stuff like that, what makes the world and /a/ so shit. You love something? Then defend it with your life.
>>
>>133703801
I don't give two rats about legal because they have to waste time dubbing that shit. I'm not even going to watch it dubbed, why the hell do I have to pay and support the shills that do a mediocre job dubbing a character? I'd rather just throw money straight at the source.
It's complete BS saying you "support" the series by giving Funi money. That entire conglomerate is made up of those kids who liked Naruto when you were in junior high anyway.
>>133704058
>deep web
No anon we'll take to the dark net that FOX news talks about.
>>
>>133705809
You, I like you.
>>
File: 1373641480225.jpg (73 KB, 298x452) Image search: [Google]
1373641480225.jpg
73 KB, 298x452
>>133705809
>>
>>133705881
>They liked Naruto when they were twelve, better not use their business.
Never change, /a/.
>>
>>133703801
I already use it, somewhat.

When I was in school, I had the patience to download and save entire series. Now that I'm working a shit job, I'm too tired and lazy to download things when I come back home at night unless it's my absolute top show for the season.

So I just stream, and sometimes even use the legal streams.
>>
>>133705383
Then who's better than CR? Please don't bother mentioning Commie or UTW as we all know no one takes those choices seriously.
>>
>>133706031
I'd like to introduce you to something called an RSS feed.
>>
>>133703801
Fuck you, I like translating. It is my hobby and I take great pride in my work.

Besides, there are a fuck ton of manga that will never ever EVER get officially published in English.
>>
>>133703801
I don't care about legal options.
Funi and CR as individual companies have reason to receive shit. CR was literally a pirate streaming site with shit quality that reformed, and there will always be people that don't care that it reformed.
Funi would release encodes that were simultaneously awful and large, and they also dabbled in spurious copyright trolling with torrentfags.
>>
>>133706043
For what? Video? TV rips, BD rips once they come out. Translation? Depends on the series, but obviously there aren't a lot of choices now.
>>
>>133705666
Netflix shill confirmed!
>>
>>133706180
Indeed.Good luck finding a publisher who wants to release Kodomo no Jikan.
>>
>>133705881
>the shills that do a mediocre job dubbing a character?
Wow, anon, that's just plain rude!
These shills couldn't even match mediocrity if they were given a thousand years to practice!
>>
One thing I like about Crunchyroll is that for all those who questions the content in anime, if it is on Crunchyroll it is legal in North America.
>>
>>133706067

Not the same anon. I tried figuring that RSS torrent shit out and it didn't work.
>>
>>133703801
>Can't fight 'em
Of course you can. Where did you get the idea that you couldn't?
>>
>>133706349
That your fault,not RSS.
>>
>>133706294
You never know, maybe in ten years the political pendulum will swing the other way and we'll get really explicit stuff licensed. We've only been getting pruder recently, and it can't go on forever.
>>
File: evil scanlator.png (56 KB, 2067x2067) Image search: [Google]
evil scanlator.png
56 KB, 2067x2067
>>133703801
>as industry leaders get serious with takedowns, arrests and lawsuits
If they think they can ever fully eradicate piracy, they are sadly mistaken. Cut off one head, two more shall take its place.
>>
>>133703801
Indifferent about anime. Manga is a no no.
>>
>>133703801
My biggest problem is the stream quality, it lags and stutters when I play 1080p. It's not my internet (200up /200 down) nor my computer
And I also hate having to pay 3 different places to watch all the shows per season.
>>
>>133706430
HAIL HYDRA!
>>
>>133706430

Hail HYDRA
>>
>>133706430
HEIL HYDRA!
>>
>>133706451
Test it with a VPN. It may still be your internet, just that the pipe from the video provider to your ISP is choked instead of the pipe from your ISP to your home. I know I need to do it for Youtube on occasion.
>>
>>133706451
Anime isn't even produced in 1080p, don't bother with it
>>
File: Macaron Blush.png (602 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Macaron Blush.png
602 KB, 1280x720
>>133705809
Thank you Crunchyroll™
>>
>"TL note: LOL XD
You may as well say all books and films should have those in every few sections. Sure, it's funny, but it's also unnecessary shit most people prefer to not see.
>>
Typical, /a/. A bunch of whiners using the age old shitty meme answer of "Fans do it right!" without explaining how. Try being honest and admit illegal alternatives are only an option because of the zero cost for you as the consumer. It's not superior in "quality" or any other aspect. Compare it to music. You can't tell me a subpar MP3 rip is superior to a vinyl purchased from your local brick and mortar. You pay for QA, consistency of delivery and other factors fan groups just can't offer since they aren't compensated.
>>
>>133703801
I wouldn't mind paying for it if it ain't shit. Even more so when it's shitter than what you can get for free. Regardless of physical or digital, if you can generally get something better for free, would you still pay for it? Better yet, wouldn't you feel ripped off for paying in the first place?
>>
>>133705809

Based anon is baed. How often is this updated?
>>
File: 1434528957303.png (188 KB, 315x374) Image search: [Google]
1434528957303.png
188 KB, 315x374
>>133705809
>x - 1.zip
>x - 10.zip
>>
>>133706704
>a vinyl purchased from your local brick and mortar
You almost had me
>>
File: the list.png (173 KB, 400x1820) Image search: [Google]
the list.png
173 KB, 400x1820
>giving up

That's exactly what he wants. Evil succeeds when the good do nothing.
>>
>>133706704
Nice one
7/10
>>
>>133706704
I think when it comes to something like translating from one language to another, it's really anyone's game.

Sometimes, the better translator is laid off for a better yes man, other times a fan who actually wants to get up his ass to do something might actually have the educational and cultural background to pull it off better. You'll never really know when it comes to something as subjective as this
>>
>>133706851

This meme is fucking fantastic. Gets me every time.
>>
File: Yuu Really.png (236 KB, 637x720) Image search: [Google]
Yuu Really.png
236 KB, 637x720
>>133706704
>shitty meme answer
And I'm sure you're proud of your brick and mortar bullshit metaphor.
>>
>>133706704
>Buying a fuckhuge record that can only be played at home when you can pay a small amount for a streaming service that givers you millions of songs you can play anywhere

Nice try, kid
>>
>>133706704
Who are you responding to? Who's whining in this thread?
>>
>>133706043
>UTW
>existing
They're dead now. However they were better than CR last I checked. Commie on the other hand is mixed bag especially because of their dogged hate against honorifics. But at least their dialogue flows properly most of the time compared to some of the stilted shit I've seen out of CR.

Other options include DDY, Vivid(commie 2.0). GJM also exists and seems ok although I can't say I've heard of them before summer.

Then you have Cthuko who can't sub a show in a timely manner(yatterman, Rolling girls, and GC: Insight still aren't done) to save their lives but at least they're of good quality.
>>
File: 1373250317364.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
1373250317364.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>133706704
>>
>>133706994
Anon, we all know that if you can't get a show out at the same time as CR, no one's going to give a fuck because we've already downloaded the HS rip.
>>
Friendly reminder that some media companies, including anime copyright holders hire people to post on places like /a/.
>>
File: 1432957004332.gif (840 KB, 142x146) Image search: [Google]
1432957004332.gif
840 KB, 142x146
>>133706704
>>
>>133706704
Choose a show, choose an episode, watch it on CR, and then watch Leopard. Compare the artifacting.
>>
>>133706810
>>133706855
>>133706978
>>133706985
>>133707028

Bet you autists think digital music is better quality-wise when it isn't. Not even FLAC can beat CDs. Convenience is there, but at the cost of major loss in quality from the original state.
>>
File: 1383971198706.png (315 KB, 850x477) Image search: [Google]
1383971198706.png
315 KB, 850x477
>>133706704
>>
>>133707044
If they can do it within 1-2 days I normally go for the fansub if only because of the complete lack of typesetting in official stuff.

If its Funi I don't even get a choice. They're subs are such dogshit I'm left with no other option than waiting. At least DDY is quick with Noragami usually.
>>
I don't support anime, unless I'm buying a DVD for a series or movie I love. I do however purchase physical manga. I like owning them and not using a screen to ruin my eyes.
>>
File: 1432920861570.png (221 KB, 405x412) Image search: [Google]
1432920861570.png
221 KB, 405x412
>>133707104
>Not even FLAC can beat CDs
>>
File: every FLACebofag ever.jpg (534 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
every FLACebofag ever.jpg
534 KB, 1280x720
>>133707104
>>
>Watching TV rips.

Real niggas wait for BD rips with superior quality.
>>
>>133707132
Luckily Funi hasn't even been subbing that many shows this season. I noticed all the shows i've been watching this season have been CR.
>>
Because the only ones who benefit are the Jews.
>>
File: Abyss Guy You're Only Seven.png (706 KB, 960x536) Image search: [Google]
Abyss Guy You're Only Seven.png
706 KB, 960x536
>>133707104
You were just bitching >>133706704 about how superior vinyl is and now you're harping on CDs.
>>
File: 1384453508560.jpg (322 KB, 864x970) Image search: [Google]
1384453508560.jpg
322 KB, 864x970
>>133707104
>>
>>133707212
Aren't the CR founders a bunch of chinks?
>>
>>133706762
This is the first version. I imagine i'll update every few months/half a year. In the mean time there is horrible scans.

>>133706789
Whats the problem? The series are in individual folders.
>>
>>133703801

When will Daisuki come out with a paid premium service? Once you start working, it becomes trivial to pay a few bucks a month for better selection, high resolution, and no ads.
>>
>>133704468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI
>>
>>133706704
Well, I'm also concerned about how much money actually goes to Japan, and how much the translators make since the ad infested f"ree" streaming sites are now uploading faster and with better quality (As of recently) than the official ones.
>>
>>133703930
I thought japanese people thought that america was just hawaii
>>
When these faggots start releasing shows with the rest of the world in mind, then I'll consider giving them money. Until then it's imports when I feel like it which is rare.
>>
File: Euphemia Eating Parfait.jpg (106 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
Euphemia Eating Parfait.jpg
106 KB, 400x380
>>133707256
Thank you based anon.
>>
>>133707104
>Convenience is there, but at the cost of major loss in quality from the original state.
>>
>>133707286
Even with your McJob, it's silly to throw away money for an inferior service. The money you spend yearly on a paid service could be used instead to buy figures or physical media
>>
>>133707311
>the ad infested f"ree" streaming sites are now uploading faster and with better quality (As of recently) than the official ones.
This definitely isn't true. How could a free streaming site that gets their translation from someone else have it up faster than the site that does the translation?
>>
>>133703801
eat shit shill
>>
>>133703801
Am I in the wrong if I torrent the currently airing shows but always make sure to buy official merch and BD's of my favourite ones?
>>
>>133707487
No, and if anyone tells you otherwise, don't believe them.
>>
>>133707487
That's literally what you should do anyway, anon.
>>
>>133707535
Fuck off tripfag cancer
>>
>>133703801
what?
i watch horriblesubs.
>>
>>133707487
No that's pretty much what Otaku do in Japan, which is like the core market to begin with. If Japan was catering to casuals they wouldn't have BD boxes so hiked up. You are pretty much conforming to their marketing standards.
>>
>>133707132
Crazy as it may sound, some people actually watch shows that have already completely aired.
>>
>>133705403
Beat me to posting this.
>>
>>133707549
Okay.
>>
File: Umaru Pizza Stretch.webm (78 KB, 328x300) Image search: [Google]
Umaru Pizza Stretch.webm
78 KB, 328x300
>>133707487
Nope.
>>
>>133707427
CR will upload Naruto in 5h40~m, I can assure you that another site will put it up earlier.
>>
File: 1336536482634.jpg (30 KB, 547x625) Image search: [Google]
1336536482634.jpg
30 KB, 547x625
>>133707487
This is how it's supposed to work. Good job supporting the industry anon
>>
>>133707666
If anything were going to have some weird early leak, it would probably be Naruto, but I still don't know how that works. These streaming sites aren't translating it themselves, where do they get it from?
>>
>>133703801
>Piracy
>ever going away
If you sub it they will come
>>
>>133707782
This is the truth my family
>>
>>133707559
No shit sherlock. In that case there isn't even a contest. Fansubs are better 100% of the time. Literally no reason get official stuff.
>>
>>133703801
Main guy from Imperial scanned just said on Reddit that he's going to university and he has no more time for scanlation.
>>
>>133708213
and the guy doing Jojo scans said that the only legal repercussion from Japanese publishers would be them issuing a take down notice to a scanlation group, nothing more.
>>
>>133708213
>underage Redditor quits scanlating shit series
Good.
>>
I wish they would just nuke popular anime streaming sites like kissanime and the rest first. Fuck cancer
>>
>>133708321
There are people who watch anime on YouTube.
Even worse,there are people who read manga on YouTube. Not THATS cancerous.
>>
>>133708278
>Tokyo Ghoul
>shit series

cool beans anon
>>
File: 1375832447955.gif (994 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
1375832447955.gif
994 KB, 500x279
>>133708410
Oh man, I remember doing that when I was twelve. After 2008 hit they really started shutting it down too, by now there probably isn't even a fraction of english subbed anime episodes. It's all links to shady sites that probably have a million viruses. Or not Spanish subs.

Fuck. Now I'm all nostalgic.
>>
File: stop_fansubs_poster.jpg (241 KB, 1294x1600) Image search: [Google]
stop_fansubs_poster.jpg
241 KB, 1294x1600
>Daily reminder that fansubs / scanlations are LITERALLY killing the anime/manga industry.

You don't want to deprive future generations of anime/manga, do you, /a/?
>>
>>133708432
If its popular its shit.

SAO and Akame ga Kill exist. Tokyo Ghoul will eventually become as irredeemable as those shows.
>>
>>133703889
Enjoy your banding
>>
>>133704272
Hell.
>>
>>133703801
I don't really care so long as I get my translated subs in either Chinese, Italian or English.
>>
>>133703801
>Piracy
>Dying
the best you can have is people valuing their lives more than translating shit for e-peens

But it's still nowhere near dying for people who has already learn moon
>>
File: 1431912339178.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431912339178.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>133705809
>falling for the honeypot
>>
>>133708608
How about they give us a good alternative instead of being salty cunts.
>>
We are too used to piracy and generally fan works are better.
>>
>>133708608
>over 6 million downloads
>>
>>133708888
What are you on about?
>>
>>133704978
>Let's face it, if anime were free to download in TV quality with decent subtitles
That isn't a viable business model, anon.
>>
>>133706704

I kind of agree with this.

It's always weird to see people try to justify piracy. It's piracy and it's free, just admit it and keep pirating.
>>
>>133709078
It's more weird that you people keep seeing things that aren't there.
>>
>>133708993
I would pay for a service that delivers drm-free,well encoded downloads of my favourite animated cave paintings at a acceptable price. This will never happen though.
>>
File: JoJoniumviz1.png (3 MB, 2050x1514) Image search: [Google]
JoJoniumviz1.png
3 MB, 2050x1514
Didn't bother lurking too far in this, but I still say fan scanlations are what got us stuff like western JoJo releases. It's not the scourge that official sources make it out to be. There just needs to be a healthy balance of both, and sub providers need to get rid of their incompetent tranlsators and shit troll script editors (looking at you, FUNi)
>>
>>133709153
I wouldn't. Anime was meant to be free. Let the crazy otaku finance it
>>
>>133708608
Nah, it got a lot bigger since he 90's. You can talk about 10 to 20 titles in a week nowadays back in the day the only thing you know about Japanese Cartoon are either Sailormoon or Dragonball or maybe some old school robot cartoon depending in which part of the world you live.
>>
>>133704826
>>133704950
>Too bad the video quality sucks balls and the translations are dodgy as fuck

wtf...

Daisuki is the bestest out there!

Also, you are not setting up your toaster right if you don't enable de-banding at high mode using KCP's madvr.

Do what I say above assuming that you download [horriblesubs] with content from daisuki and you can enjoy near bluray quality levels.
>>
>>133703801
>What's the best way to promote your business?
>Reaching the customers directly.

Why isn't this thread deleted?
>>
>>133709719
>Near bluray quality
I hate to break it to you but even with debanding on high the stream quality still isn't great.
>>
>>133703905
wwouldnt it be so fucked up if guns were real
>>
File: moe merchant.gif (1 MB, 467x541) Image search: [Google]
moe merchant.gif
1 MB, 467x541
>>133703801
Naisu shillu desu ne.
>>
>>133708656
TG should have just ended with the main series, cliffhanger notwithstanding.
:Re has been absolute shit and I doubt it can redeem itself now.
>>
>>133703801
Usually because they're paid for, or behind ads.

Aside from that, it's often the low quality, or other ethical reasons.

On the technical side, there use to be the issue of bitrate, but that's no longer a problem. But even now, Flash has a shitty decoder, and browsers aren't really designed to play video smoothly. It's only in the last couple years that browsers have built-in video players, as part of HTML 5. And to my knowledge, all implementations of this suck as of right now, and don't give the sort of quality that an optimized video player gives.

But this is just a tiny excuse, considering most people won't even notice the quality drop, and most people already have Flash, because of how widely used it is.

When it comes to the translation work itself, there are bigger issues people might dislike about the legal options.
For one, commitment to the work itself.
A true fan of the series, translating a work into their own language wants to make sure they get everything right. There are shitty translators, sure, but there are those who want to also make sure people understand references, and be able to accurately get what's being said. Often, word-of-god might reveal some kind of information that's more useful to a translation, like how Japanese like to use English words a lot, but often write them in Katakana.
A fan-translator will change their translation to what the author intended, either if the author said it himself, or if an anime comes out that shows it.
Log Horizon comes to mind; there was a spell in the game, that the anime and fan-translators called "Thorn Bind Hostage", which was a spell that used vines covered in thorns (as the name suggests) to bind a target. Yen Press went with "Sewn-Bind Hostage", because it just sounds similar to the Katakana. The editor nor translator watched the anime.
Anime subs (and dubs even) sometimes have the same issue

But it's really just cause money and ads
>>
>true fan of the series, translating a work into their own language wants to make sure they get everything right. There are shitty translators, sure, but there are those who want to also make sure people understand references, and be able to accurately get what's being said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEXurYaIHao
>>
I'm glad I'm a casual with a job. $12 a month gives me all the anime I want on Hulu with no ads on multiple device and everything is HD except old shit. They also got a decent selection of 80s and 90s anime.

Buy hey FREE is better and fuck the system rjght?
>>
>>133703801
That service is not available in Japan even though it provides Japanese anime..
So 大嫌い.net.
>>
>>133710394
>Buy hey FREE is better and fuck the system rjght?
Exactly. Why pay $6-12 a month on a streaming service, when I can download my chinese cartoons for free, and keep the video for as long as my HDD/SSD holds out.
>>
>>133703801
For me the biggest thing is DRM and mandatory streaming. If I can download a good quality copy without any DRM for a reasonable price, then I'll buy it. But I don't want the content I paid for to be permanently tied to the solvency, licensing status, and whims of the distributor. It was the same thing with music. Now that there's no DRM, I buy everything from iTunes or Amazon MP3.
>>
>>133710394
>get voucher for food, electricity, and early retirement
>donate it to Hulu
I don't understand.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 236x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 236x234
>>133708528
>mfw I watched over 150 episodes of keroro gunso split into three parts per episode AND at least three of its movies on YouTube
Muh nostalgia, holy shit
>>
>>133710394
>being a casual

That's the problem. Call me back when I can get stuff like GS Mikami or Legend of the Brave Da Garn without searching like a total wreck for years.
>>
I'd gladly pay to watch anime, but today's offers are too fucking bad.

>Crunchyroll's streaming service is really bad. If you're not american ~50% of all the shows are unavailible for you.
>Buying BD's and DVD's costs so much
>Netflix is shitty when it comes to anime

I wish there was some place where you could "buy" an anime digitally, for about 10$ per, add it to your library, rewatch whenever you liked. Subscribe to airing anime for the same price, and get the updates.
>>
File: 1418974716475.png (444 KB, 457x457) Image search: [Google]
1418974716475.png
444 KB, 457x457
>>133710394
>and everything is HD
>>
>>133708608
It's ironic they'll translate their poster but almost none of the actual content they don't want other people to translate.
>>
>>133708410
>>133708528
I'm twenty and did this sometimes until about two years ago.
>>
>>133710672
I watched anime on YT until about 5 years ago I won't judge on that, but reading manga on YT always seemed like going one step beyond acceptable.
>>
>>133710390
Just another reason to avoid official translations.

Also,
>watching dubs
>>
They're taking fan-subbers and scanlators and giving you the exact same shit and charging you for it. Yes, they could use professionals, but it costs too much money and the audience appears to not care.

Also, the series scanlators already cover are mostly shit. The series that these guys will pick are going to be even worse, since they're directly profiteering.

If they even stopped 70% JPG and piss-poor typesetting, maybe I could drop some money. The one thing that most scanlators obsess about is typesetting, and the translations are going to be passable either way. Although, I think CR has more fucking critical errors than scanlators. At least scanlators get corrections and get shit on by fans to change shit due to autism. Or someone will perpetuate the real translation if it's that bad.
>>
>>133710717
Oh, I never read manga on Youtube. Even when I was fourteen that made no sense to me.
>>
>>133703801
>anime
Give downloads, no streaming.

>manga
Give paper, no runes.
>>
>>133703801
>streams
>shit quality
>shit subs
>delayed as fuck
>costs money

Of course the europoors will get fucked but here in America I've downloaded at least 30-40TB worth of shit over time, including anime/manga/weeaboo related stuff and haven't even gotten a notice from a single ISP (have gone through 4 different ones.)

Torrenting will never die. And if you think you're a moralfag and you think they'll crack down, you are dead wrong. The law only targets major uploaders anyways. The government has more important problems. They don't give a fuck about some jap anime bullshit.

"Soon" Nah fuck off back to /x/ with your tinfoil hat bullshit.
>>
>>133710394
>Buy hey FREE is better

actually, in this case, yes. just because something is more expensive doesn't mean its better
>>
File: 1447313421606.jpg (54 KB, 451x569) Image search: [Google]
1447313421606.jpg
54 KB, 451x569
>>133710394
>Buy hey FREE is better

You got this right buddy.
>>
>>133705809
Now finally I can read Donyatsu
>>
>>133710810
>the audience appears to not care.
The issue here is that they were taught to do that. Over the years, western anime and manga companies have been implementing this "this is the best you're gonna get" ideology, and people are ok with it.
>>
>>133710930
I've only heard of people getting in trouble in Germany.

The rest of Euope barely cares about US content.
>>
I don't know about the adaptations in english, but in my country the official translations of manga are very good, I'd pick them over the fanmade ones anytime. Also, I enjoy having a physical collection of manga.
That being said, it would suck if they took down all the fanmade stuff, I don't read scans very often but eh, I can't buy everything (and not everything gets an adaptation), also sometimes I read a few chapter of a series before deciding to put my money in.
As for anime, I never buy anything, it's too fucking expensive and just a minor fraction gets adapted, so it'd piss me off a lot.
By the way, are the adaptations so bad in english?
>>
>>133711049
Wait, has CR had Donyatsu this whole time? I thought no one was scanning it at all.
>>
>>133703801
Nigga, this shit happens every fucking year since the late 2000s, some "scary" shit happens for like 2 weeks, then it passes. And all gets forgotten like it never happened, what the fuck ever.
>>
>>133711130
I'm fairly sure that someone even dumped all of it when cr picked it up months ago.
>>
I can only speak for the manga side of things, but to be fair, legit publishers are the only ones that get the original pages and don't have redrawn panels (most of the time). Not to mention shit RAWs and scanning artifacts are reasons to actually support official products if nothing else.

It's shame that meme-translations still happen from the actual publishers, but do note that scan group translators don't always actually know what they're doing - I've seen quite a few supposed translators botch extremely simple lines, ending up with them using "google translate assisted" translations which are wildly wrong and then shoehorned to fit into the context.
>>
>>133711100
More likely to be bad than good. See >>133710287's Log Horizon example and >>133710390 in particular. As a personal example, I was going through the Viz rips for One Piece and they translated "okama way" as "oh come my way", which makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>133711206
I know this isn't the first time something like this has happened, but TPP does seem like it'll be a tad more serious than, say, SOPA.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7NINczZP0

I actually made a video on this issue recently.
>>
Because Daisuki is dogshit and sometimes refused to play the video.
>>
>>133711298
>[Subscribed]
>>
>>133711298
I wish the advertising report still existed.
>>
>>133711316
Thanks anon, it's always good to see supporters!
>>
>>133711274
>"okama way" as "oh come my way", which makes absolutely no sense.
Sure it does, Okama Way sounds like Oh come my way and the translator had a brainfart and heard that
>>
>>133711213
And nothing has been added since.
>>
>>133703801

Give it five years, and most of /a/ WILL like (which is to say, use) legal options for their Chinese multimedia. Not because most of the anons in this thread will have changed their minds (although some will), but because the board's user base will have almost completely cycled in people for whom the convenience and affordability of streaming services is not only normal, but natural.

Audiences for anime outside of Japan are being increasingly monetized. And contrary to what a lot of anons here are saying, they are being monetized by Nippon. Cruncyroll and Funimation are making deeper efforts to get in on the ground floor of anime production by way of joining production committees not only because it gives them future options to develop their own content, but because of very, very high third-party licensing fees. Everybody is making money. Effectively ubiquitous adoption of legal consumption platforms is an inevitability.
>>
>>133711475
Call me when the retards at Crunchyroll and Funimation learn to encode.
>>
>>133711475
Hooray for pandering to the masses and 'doing it out of love' becoming completely economically infeasible.
>>
>>133711433
I think the issue is related with square enix, while cr calls everything simulpub it seems that it's a volume simulpub rather than chapter, so until volume 6 comes out in japan they won't release any chapters on cr.
It seems to be the same with other square titles like maybe's ring king.
>>
Now, remember the spectacular past
When we lived in a world far more beautiful than now
Remember when we lived in our dreams
When everything was bright, when you first fell in love
Remember the innocence in your eyes
When you lived for a dream

When everything shone brightly
When you hurt others and were hurt in turn

When you could see the shining truth
When you could love and could be loved in turn
When you lived for a dream
>>
>>133711475
Funny how nothing in your post actually gives reasons why anyone would start using streaming services, and completely glosses over manga.

> affordability of streaming services
More affordable than for free?
>>
>>133705383
Funny even put up the wrong audio for an episode of girl with red hair last season.
How the fuck do you do that?

My main problem with crunchy is no type setting, and no subbing OP/ED.

The OP/ED is a big pain, especially if it's a catchy one.
>>
>>133711536
I WISH
>>
>>133711475
> Give it five years, and most of /a/ WILL like (which is to say, use) legal options for their Chinese multimedia
I'd put more money on most of /a/ learning Japanese than I would on that.
>>
File: 1339525933588.jpg (120 KB, 487x510) Image search: [Google]
1339525933588.jpg
120 KB, 487x510
>>133711525

How can "doing it out of love" ever become economically unfeasible when the entire point is that you're willing to do it for no compensation?

Don't tell me that you ever actually donated to prop up some neckbeard's servers. After all, why would you spend any money on your anime when you can get it >for free?
>>
>>133711600
Chinese. I'd rather know Chink to be honest.
>>
>>133711647
Why? Are you planning to open a business or something?
>>
>>133711570
THAT I COULD TURN BACK TIME
>>
>>133711667
He's probably preparing for when they take over the world.
I, for one, welcome our new chinese overlords.
>>
>>133711475
This is the most tryhard "I know what I'm talking about, trust me" post I've seen in a while.
>>
>>133711475
You're wrong about /a/ adopting streaming (unless something changes in the services), because /a/, like /v/, has a culture, and people adopt that culture rather than the culture changing. /a/ is elitist. /v/ is cynical. People on /v/ aren't suddenly fooled into loving video games now, if anything they're more angry and pissed off at companies like Ubisoft than ever. Meanwhile on /a/, people catch the elitist fever. Most don't want to be caught dead streaming an ep because it's so satirized here, and that satire will not go away unless somehow Crunchy and other shitty services actually offer quality encodes, translation, typesetting, etc.
>>
>>133703801
Because /a/ is full of overly self entitled manchildren who grew up being treated like snowflakes and start pissing and screaming at the mere mention of personal responsibility.
>>
>>133711547

>Funny how nothing in your post actually gives reasons why anyone would start using streaming services
You're missing the point of what I'm saying, or maybe I wasn't clear enough. Subscription media streaming has already proven to be an enormously lucrative business model for the entertainment industry, and that includes anime (albeit on a smaller scale). In other words, there are already tons of people who happily pony up on a monthly or yearly basis for their Chinese cartoons, and they're not going to go away. On the contrary they will become increasingly common. And personally, I'm very skeptical that /a/ will continue to hold out as an antipathetic exception to streaming, unlike >>133711600.

You can't stop the tide from coming in.
>>
>>133704257
You're a piece of shit English only pleb.
Your opinion is literally worthless.
>>
>>133711667
For a completely unrelated reason to the reason I actually am learning it for:
In terms of entropy and information transferred over time, English and Chinese are the two most information dense languages when comparing typical vocalization speeds and information per utterance. Japanese is practically the lowest. A Japanese person has to talk twice as fast and still not transfer the same amount of information in the same time as an English person.
>>
If they actually kill the chink cartels, I will consider putting more money into my hobby.
But if they go after weebs exclusively, then it means they're nothing but faggots who deserve to have their shit pirated forever.
>>
File: hfhfhfh.jpg (25 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
hfhfhfh.jpg
25 KB, 367x202
>>133711735
>SJWs
>>
>>133711759
Also, based on common utterance speeds, the average information transfer is commonly lower.

tl;dr Japanese seems pretty fucking retarded.
>>
>>133711759
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii wake ga nai
My little sister can't be this cute

Totally agree with you
>>
I'm not paying money to stream shit. If they are reasonably priced I'm more then happy to buy DVDs or BDs, with or without subs, but I am not going to pay money for streaming. That's fucking stupid.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.