[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Startng DBZ - dub or sub?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Yamcha.jpg (31 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
Yamcha.jpg
31 KB, 800x445
Big animefag here but I only got into anime after DBZ big legacy on Toonami. I like Shonen and Ive always been meaning to watc DBZ. The only thing I know are memes like Over 9000 and dead Yamcha. Is it better to get into it through the dub or the sub?
>>
>>133676329
dub
watch dragon ball first than watch Kai
>>
File: beautiful smile.png (841 KB, 1026x767) Image search: [Google]
beautiful smile.png
841 KB, 1026x767
Watch Dragon Ball first subbed.
>>
>>133676329

The sub is unbelievably bad compared to the dub. Don't let the meme spouting idiots that plague this board tell you otherwise.
>>
manga>dub>sub
>>
>>133676501
Honestly, I don't really see what's so bad about it aside from Goku's voice.
>>
File: dbz in a nutshell.png (100 KB, 448x240) Image search: [Google]
dbz in a nutshell.png
100 KB, 448x240
dragonball subbed, dbz subbed, dbz kai dubbed
>>
>>133676595
Not that guy, but the Falconer OST is definately one of the shining parts of the dub for me.
>>
>>133676329
Watch the spanish dub. It's the best.
>>
>>133676824
That's cool. I don't really have anything against Falconer or anybody who prefers his DBZ score, but I do have a preference for Shunsuke Kikuchi's score.
>>
Dude.

Over 9000 is only in dub.

Go with dub.
>>
>>133677084
Isn't it only in the Ocean dub?
>>
Dub, the nip voices are horrible
>>
Sub. The dub replaced all of the amazing original music and the voices are horrible. Only people who grew up with it could like such an awful dub.

Just compare this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_CcJ-uBWI
to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lojvWUsa0tc

Not to mention they turned Goku into Superman 2.0 by changing all of his lines.
>>
the ocean dub is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEN9gxZkmoM
>>
>>133679847
>that ultra-shit Goku voice
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.