[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is God evil in Berserk? Also, what if God is evil in real life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4
Is God evil in Berserk? Also, what if God is evil in real life? We are fucked.
>>
Kill yourself.
>>
>>133652516
Well, God did create people in his image.
And people are fucking dicks.
>>
>>133653595
But what if God is a dick aswell?
>>
>>133654378
That IS the implication, numbnuts.
>>
maybe theres a billion "gods" and 1 of them just decided to fuck with the ppl
>>
Its the other way around in Berserk if I recall.

Human belief created "god" in order to give meaning to the cruelty of the world and everything all around them being intrinsically cruel. People all believed there was a reason for it underneath, and so the reason was created. Peoples faith gave rise to the evil, in order to give some credence to the idea that some concept is basically working against them, and its working against them because they created it to do that, so they could rationalize the world being shit.

As a being, this evil god probably doesn't want humans destroyed since in some ways it does rely on them to exist, but it does have to fulfill its creation and be the evil that they wished for in a sense.

So in order to manage things, it created a system, the godhand.
>>
>>133655805
Speaking of, the Idea's reveal was premature and removed from the volumes, but has that been touched on since? It's been a fucking eternity.
>>
>>133655805
In other words, Berserk ripped off Warhammer
>>
>>133656108
It was always a prequel to Warhammer
>>
File: 1406580249228.jpg (12 KB, 203x200) Image search: [Google]
1406580249228.jpg
12 KB, 203x200
>>133652516
>The Idea of God is inherently evil and is born out of humanity's need for a higher power because they're too weak to live a life without one

Can Berserk be any more euphoric.
>>
>>133656485
>People on this board now pretend to be piously religious ironically

Man, things have changed over the years.
>>
>>133656700
I swear it was reddit's fault, or more specifically /r/atheism.

Being a default sub and very militant gave people a very negative view on non-religious people on the internet.
>>
>>133656700
Religious people and non-religious people have been on these boards from the start. It just doesn't usually come up much since we're talking about the shit we do have in common, anime, rather than our beliefs and shit.

If you think "Oh man, people on here pretend to be this here now for laughs"; chances are there were always people that had some religious backing, or people that liked the color yellow over blue, people that can't cook at all, people that are chefs, people that are over forty years old, blah.

They might not be doing it just to troll you, rather all types of people were here from the start. However generally the Christians that were here from the start had a pretty fucked sense of humor and were lax about ever talking about it.

The more this atheism vs theism debate becomes a thing in the internet, the more one side or the other suddenly feels like jumping in with their shit, when we used to just keep it to ourselves and talk about anime shit.

I blame /v/ for some reason
>>
>>133657222
No, that's not the point. The point is that in years past the board was predominantly, or shall we say "unofficially" non-religious. But today anyone claiming to be atheistic gets fedora'd.
>>
>>133656108
Not really. And even if they did, it's not like Warhammer didn't rip off tons of other shit.
>>
>>133656485
The end of that sentence isn't true, and there are non evil gods in Berserk.
>>133656700
Unless you're on /lit/ or /his/ with the weird 4chan neo-christians it's almost entirely contrarians, normal religious people don't usually give a shit.
>>
>>133657285
This rings quite true, and not just for /a/, but 4chan as a whole.
>>
>>133657402
It all comes down to definition. The big G is evil. Would anything less than the strongest being in the universe be called a god? Spirit or demon would be better words to use.
>>
>>133658333
>would anything less than the strongest being in the universe be called a god
Are you serious? Do you not know anything about non-abrahamic religions?
>>
>>133657481
I noticed a switch around the 2010s, suddenly a lot of users were very religious for some reason. I still maintain that it's shitposting trying to rile people up.
>>
>>133658445
Yeah and to the abrahamic the false gods of other religions are demons. Perspective. You tell me, what's the definition of a god?
>>
>>133658460
It's shitposting that stuck and became the norm, like the word "Bro", or what senpai, kek and desu were becoming before our lord and savior Hiroshima saved us with his wordfilters.
>>
File: 1310565585978.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1310565585978.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>>133656485
>>
>>133658577
>the false gods of other religions are demons
Only the pagan ones, the others are either non-existent or yahweh in disguise.
>what's the definition of a god
Any deity that is worshiped and considered a god. It implies neither that they're the strongest nor a creator, just look at the greek pantheon.
>>
>>133658805
Still better than /b/ though.
>>
>>133658609
religion is europe is so meaningless thing
I'm sure theres plenty religious americans who took guide from sjws on how to battle ideas so we got the endless fedora spam.
>>
>>133658992
>religion is europe is so meaningless thing

Tell that to france.
>>
>>133658992
Considering it's a /pol/ meme that's accurate I guess. New atheism shit was getting annoying though, so I'd call it getting replaced by a now meaningless meme a lateral move.
>>
>>133658805
I can't stop looking at his balls.
>>
>>133656159
my autism is getting me erect at the thought that WH40K, Event Horizon and Berserk are all part of the same universe
>>
I don't get the hate for Serpico, he fought evenly with Guts using clever tactics.

Also Tapasa based as fuck, wouldn't mind seeing them in action more
>>
>>133657285
Because when someone before claimed to be religious, they got btfo'd.

One side just got fed up, that's it.
>>
Taking bets on how Griffith manages to fuck up Falconia
>>
Manga or anime first?
>>
>>133659336
Manga first, anime never
>>
>>133659336
Manga + anime OST and anything else Berserk related that Hirasawa made
>>
>>133659336

I wish I could read all the volumes that are out for the first time. You have no idea what it was like waiting for new releases.

A moment of silence for the anons that died at sea
>>
>>133652516
>what if God is evil in real life
Now he realises
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTy74tstRAE
>>
>>133659336
I watched the anime first, although it has flaws the ending inspired me to read the manga. Basically, it's your choice
>>
>>133659569
Is it actually monthly again? I've been holding off for a few months in case it's just bullshit again.
>>
>>133659644
the best way to experience Berserk is anime first, then manga. Then movies if you want.
Reading the manga first would have ruined the anime for me, which is solid on it's own but incomplete in the big picture.
>>
If there is an Idea of Evil, there must be an Idea of Good. Berserk is a story about Guts getting out of the cave, and Puck is Socrates.
>>
File: 1443699253889.gif (2 MB, 435x245) Image search: [Google]
1443699253889.gif
2 MB, 435x245
>>133659622
Jesus fucking christ, and they say CHRISTIANS try to brainwash people?
Fuck modern TV.
>>
>>133659792
> not knowing George Carlin
Your life truly is empthy
>>
>>133659727
>there must be an Idea of Good
Not necessarily, one of the main things behind IOE is that people pray more when shit is bad than when shit is good.
>Puck is Socrates
What? I'm assuming your use of the cave metaphor is about Guts discovering the nature of the magic realms in relation to his own, even then Puck isn't really a guide.
>>
>>133659646

It's supposed to be. It's been monthly for 3(4?) months now, hopefully Miura's inspirado lasts long enough to give us an idea of how the story will end
>>
>>133660222
Did they step off the boat or has it all been Falconia stuff?
>>
>>133660262

All Falconia so far. Check them out. I imagine the next volume will focus on Guts since the conflict in Falconia
has seen its resolution.
>>
>>133658776
So a rock can be a god?
>>
>>133660501
Yes. That actually used to be a thing, look up idolatry.
>>
>>133652516
>in Berserk, god is a ball of cancer with laughing dicks everywhere
I'd say its pretty fitting.
>>
>>133652516
there is no god.
/thread
>>
>>133660735
I thought it was some weird extra-chambered heart.
>>
>>133652516
The God of Berserk is literally collective consciousness. If people stopped being shits and believed in nice things the Idea of Evil would stop being evil.
>>
>>133658460
In general people got so sick of SJW bullshit that we went to the other extreme and prentended to be right-wing nutjobs.
>>
>>133652516
Yes, but only because people are. God in the Berserk universe is basically the force of the collective unconscious of humanity. Life was shit, humanity collectively wanted something to blame it on, and their power willed a "god" into existence that crafts a reason for human suffering in the form of evil.

Basically the only thing that can save humanity in Berserk-land is itself.
>>
>>133656700
I have seen people here admit to becoming religious because of the fedora meem.
>>
>>133664248
/lit/ had a weird genesis of people unironically converting to Christianity recently. It's weird, all I know for sure is the tripfags it produced were fucking horrible.
>>
Didn't they retcon that part?
>>
>>133664403
No, it was removed from serialization because it spoiled way too much of the plot.

There's no mystery surrounding Godhand and the Apostles' agenda any more. Well I suppose that's fine in retrospect, since the Idea of I@MAS killed any chance of Berserk ending.
>>
>Is God evil
Wouldn't God set the moral standard for good and evil? Wouldn't "good" be evil if God was evil?
>>
>>133665937
>Wouldn't God set the moral standard for good and evil
Not necessarily. There's a few mythologies where the creators are cunts or outright evil, I think there's a native american one where he was so evil the people killed him.
>>
>>133665937
Only if you believe in an omniscient, omnipotent god who exists without humanity's input.
>>
When is the next chapter being released?
>>
>>133665937
Nah cause free will and shit.
Might make sense in Berserkverse where God manipulates the course of history for his own shitty needs
>>
>>133657285
Well, people got tired of their fedora-shit speeches, I guess.
>>
>>133657285
>>133657481
Get the fuck out, you 1999 kids!
Raptor Jesus was rocking 4chan before your useless sons of single mother whores entered elementary school.
>>
>>133665037
Miura might 'retcon' IoE, but there wasn't really any mystery to the apostles to begin with, they're all given an order to "Do as you will", so it comes down to their personal motivations.

Godhand is still mysterious as fuck, we don't know their motivations for becoming what they are nor their backstories, even Skully's backstory is muddy at best apart from the Gaiseric implication which isn't much
>>
My God can't be this evil 2015
>>
I personally love the concept of the Idea of Evil because it gives its own answer to the question of whether everything is deterministic or if we have free will. In the Berserk universe, everyone has free will but everything is keikaku to the point where everything is planned on a stupid scale.

And God isn't evil, he's just a reason for why evil exist.
>>
>>133652516
>what if God is evil in real life?
I don't know if he exist or not, but have you read the Bible? He is evil in that.
>>
>>133652516
>Also, what if God is evil in real life?
I'm pretty sure he is evil in real life too.

>DID YOU JUST EAT MY FUCKING APPLES ADAM? GET THE FUCK OUT YOU DEGENERATE AND TAKE THAT SLUT WITH YOU. OH, AND GET CURSED FOR ETERNITY, YOU AND ALL YOUR DESCENDENTS TOO ASSHOLE!
>Satan my child, I want you to become the embodiment of all evil in the world and be hated by everyone because even though I'm omniscent and omnipotent I need someone to find out who even dares to think to disobey me, tempt him into it and then have him suffer for all eternity, it's fine though, I still love you.
>You guys are cool, I'll make you my chosen people, now become slaves of the Pharao and wander around the desert until I'm done working on these neat tablets.
>The Pharaoh is a huge faggot anyway, eat this seven plagues sandnigger.
>Sodom and Gomorrah must be cleansed, fucking degenerates, Lot, you're a cool dude though, you can fuck your daughters no problems.
>Hey Abraham, go kill the only son that I gave you, why you ask? It's none of your business, just do it.
>Just kidding Abraham, things sure got heated up eh ;^)?
>DID YOU FUCKING CUT SOME WOOD FOR YOUR FAMILY? ON SATURDAY? BECAUSE THEY WERE FREEZING TO DEATH? FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU INFIDEL!
>Nevermind the foreskin I personally gave you, cut that shit, I was drunk and didn't think that through.
>Yo guys I just...WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT TOWER YOU BUILT!? YOU ASSHOLES, I FUCKING HATE TOWERS! FUCK YOU, NOW YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER UNTIL I ALLOW GOOGLE TRANSLATE.
>Fucking faggots worshipping another deity, as if I wasn't always the nicest person to them, but they'll see, oh they'll see...

And so on...
>>
>>133674448
Here he is again.
>>
>>133674448
Hand yourself over to the authorities, Mr. 70GB.
>>
Thanks for the fedoracore thread, OP.
>>
Where's the best place to download all of berserk?
>>
>>133675953
hilarious thanks for the laugh
>>
>>133652516
>Implying he's not.
>>
So you're unfamiliar with the demiurge, huh?
>>
I'd say Berserk got a schopenhauerian/hartmannian perspective. Not quite correct in my opinion, but efficient in demonstrating certain things.
Will to live precisely creates Evil in Berserk's world.
>>
>>133676439
Your go-to public tracker. Be sure to grab that 480p Encoded by Greg.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.