[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about Xam'd: Lost Memories?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (29 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
29 KB, 512x288
What do you think about Xam'd: Lost Memories?
>>
I thought it was boring, but I can't even remember what it was about really

RUN AWAY[/SPOILER]
>>
blatant ripoff of nausicaa. one of those shows that tries to be deeper than what the writers are capable of so it starts off great but ends on a super retarded note.
>>
I remember watching it, something about people turning into crystals. but I don't remember how it ends or anything else that happens.
>>
>>133552453
garbage. had potential but was quickly wasted. terribly disappointing overall
>>
I liked it
>>
From what I remember, the best part of it was MC's father being badass.

Outside of that, it was watchable but definitely not as good as Eureka Seven. Also, the typical Bones ending left a sour taste in my mouth.

Personally I'd like more series with the pseudo-spiritual biotech vibe, it makes my dick hard.
>>
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
>>
>>133552453
it was great, /a/ has shit taste,.

Also, almost nobody was around for the Xamd threads back then, shit was cash.
>>
>>133552453
I forget.
>>
Like, third worst ending to an otherwise good show I've ever seen.
>>
Xam'd: Lost potential.
It could be so good but the writers tried to make something above their skills.
Bad ending, fucking annoying kid, ULTIMATE WEAPON is an egg, Nakiami<?> didn't end with MC.
But the Hiruzen Emperor shit with Mask!MC were nice as fuck.
>>
>>133552453
I know was watching it at some point of my life then I just forgot about it I guess. I'm sure I didn't watch more than half
>>
File: 1347877588823.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1347877588823.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
>>133552453
Nakiami is mai waifu.

She's stuck in a show so bad I can't rewatch it.
>>
>>133555896
You're waifu is dead.
>>
>>133553547
your senile old man. those threads weren't particularly good/memorable. pretty sure they were dead by the time second cour rolled around (alot people dropped the series after the midway point)
>>
>>133555950
She's alive for at least the next 1000 years.
>>
>>133552453
Interesting premise and setting, lush production values. Weak story that keeps on wandering aimlessly without tying everything together and marred by some incoherent character usage. Take the little sister who had to became the blob in the finale arc. Her role switch felt jarring and ultimately pointless. Could have used the jealous male friend for that role, instead of killing him off halfway, giving him a character arc that spans the whole story and that could have tied him as a dark mirror to the main couple and seeing how their decisions took them to different paths from the same starting point, but no. Utterly pointless "Gecko state" rogue crew, whose stories also went nowhere and tied in badly with the overall story.

Overall it was a fitting anniversary series for Bones, showcasing their defining traits, that they're great at the technical aspects of anime production, but somehow have the worst luck at picking their writers for original content.
>>
One of the best animation production BONES ever put into tv series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SSZzf_C-BM
>>
Better than Eureka 7. Which isn't saying much desu
The OP was GOTYAY
>>
The only thing I remember is that best girl won.
>>
>>133552453
I remember the first OP so vividly because it was what got me to watch the series but I also remember falling asleep during the last few episodes and having to rewatch them a couple times. Then there was that one part where glasses guy buys ramune and then cuts off his own head with his super arm and his insides were green.

Fuck, watching it was such a waste of time.
>>
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
>>
>>133552453
10/10 OP
>>
File: 1447468266896.gif (200 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
1447468266896.gif
200 KB, 500x457
>>133553547
>>133552453
It was boring pretentious garbage that despite a good premise failed to excute with shoddy characters, lukewarm dialogue, and piss poor pacing and direction all in all 2/10.
>>
>>133557160
>wasted OST
>wasted premise
>wasted designs
>wasted animation

One of the greatest flops of our time at the same level as Aldnoah Zero and Zankyo no Terror
>>
suicide guy was awful
the writing is my biggest complaint. I have no idea how they were able to have so many episodes be entirely worthless in contributing to the actual story.
I felt like they tried to make another EVA.
>>
+ god tier waifu material
+ superb world building
+ awesome character developments

- THE ENDING WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK??
>>
>>133552453
A rip off of Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind
>>
The most Bones ending they've ever Bonesed
>>
Series that was only getting worse as time went. 10/10 OP though.
>>
>>133562961
Boom Boom Satellites should do more OPs
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.