[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm on episode 10, and I gotta ask; this is supposed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Neon_Genesis_Evangelion.jpg (3 MB, 2614x1639) Image search: [Google]
Neon_Genesis_Evangelion.jpg
3 MB, 2614x1639
I'm on episode 10, and I gotta ask; this is supposed to be a really dark series right? 'Cause so far it seems fairly light hearted.
>>
>>133543931
I think when Ano? Made NGE he eventually made it dark. Just keep watching it come before you know it.
>>
Japan thought the same thing
>>
Episode 12 is the climaxof the series. After that it starts tumbling down, and all the positivity and comfort that our 4 protagonists have built will be broken down and torn apart.
>>
Things really don't start going downhill until around episode 18. Things get weird and creepy but they really don't hit the angst and horror that the series is known for until then.
>>
>>133543931
You've been exposed to the over-hype of dumb Evafans.

It's half light hearted, and retarded Evafags pretend it was all dark all the time.
>>
>>133543931
It's one of the most misrepresented series of all time. By both fans and detractors.
>>
>>133543931
MDR, finish the series and watch EOE and then say that faggot.
>>
In the end it doesn't matter, you're well on your way in being initiated into the EVA waifu wars, which is facing a crisis as the new movies are pendering to fujoshi because KyoAni can't convince people that yuri is better.
>>
>>133547149
Rei
>>
>>133547283
That is the correct choice.
>>
Is it as deep and cerebral as fans say it is? Because I'm on episode 20 and the deepest it gets is about basic psychology and religion simbolism. Anyone who finished high school can understand this show
>>
>>133547362
See >>133544902

some parts have been overstated.
>>
>>133547362
The 2deep4u meme is spread by people who aren't actually fans, I haven't actually seen an evafag claim the show is deep
>>
>>133547362
Not really, but everything goes completely tits up in End of Evangelion.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.