[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal to be depressed for a day or two after finishing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Samurai.Champloo.full.138228[1].jpg (754 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Samurai.Champloo.full.138228[1].jpg
754 KB, 1600x1200
Is it normal to be depressed for a day or two after finishing a really good anime where you get invested in the characters/story/world? Pic related, just finished this and I just feel a sense of numbness and melancholy now that it's over. How does /a/ recover from post-series depression?
>>
Sure.

Shitpost on /a/, or start on a new series.
>>
>>133539531
Its normal because you realise the world that felt so real and interesting is actually self-contained in the creator's art and head.
Shitpost on /a/ or pick up something new.
This is partially why I get into MMOs
>>
>>133540158
yup.
>>
>>133540158
>>133540204
I don't want to turn this into a recommendation thread, but what can give me the same feels as Samurai Champloo? I feel like I'm slowly running out of the great shows that can immerse me, and all I'll have left is mildly interesting seasonal shit that can't measure up.
>>
I haven't felt that for a long time. I'm usually relieved to scratch it off my backlog.
The last time I felt it was with K-On!
>>
>>133540299
I hear you. It's a good pain, in a way.
>>
>>133539531
sounds normal. as far as recovering, it's a matter of time. usually a day or two for me. also rewatching something else works
>>
>>133540288
>feels
No. But seriously, no.
>>
>>133540288
Revolutionary Girl Utena
>>
Happens everytime
>>
>>133540489
Is that the one with full on yuri or is it just subtext? I love both
>>
>>133540158
This.
>>
>>133540288
Space Dandy, is by the same fucking guy even. Not as good, but quite alright.
>>
Samurai Champloo, Eureka Seven, and TTGL - to name a few - all made me feel the same way. You want to watch more, so you watch all the ovas and specials in hope they make you feel the same, but they usually never do. Sometimes I dive right into something on my backlog, but the pain doesn't go away. So if that doesn't work, I just stop watching anime for a couple days and then go back to it.
>>
>>133540578
I've already watched Space Dandy, and it didn't affect me quite as much as Champloo or Bebop, but I did still really enjoy it.
>>
Shit thread
Go watch Here and There, Now and Then or Now and Then, Here and There whichever the fuck it was.
>>
>>133540594
I've watched most of the "big" shows at this point, but I could try picking up Eureka Seven again. I remember watching it on TV years ago and I hated it.
>>
I just jump to the next show, pirate the OST or import artbooks and merchandises in some cases.
>>
>>133540559
I suppose it depends on interpretation
>>
>>133539531
Devil May Cry? If you have no real investment in the video game, you might not sperg out too much with the lack of demon killing. Is a relaxing show about demon hunting with a loli as sidekick.
>>
>>133540642
I'm in the same boat. I gave it a try years ago and its still in my top 10 after watching 400+ series. s2 does NOT exist.

I don't know what type of genres you like, so its hard to tell you what to try.
>>
>>133540943
I don't think I've ever encountered a genre I don't like. Slice of life is getting old at this point but I still enjoy it if the girls are gay
>>
>>133539531
yeah feels run deep

https://soundcloud.com/audiodoctor/nujabes-minmi-shiki-no-uta
>>
>>133541147
I'm ashamed to say that I skipped this ED a couple times because I'd already heard it so much before.
>>
>>133541193
you're a terrible person
>>
>>133541056
Well I could post my MAL but then this thread would go to shit.
Gungrave is one of the first things that come to mind that isn't really "big", but at the same time you could have seen it. Its hard dude; once you get to a point like me where you've seen 400+ different series. The point where you're looking for the next big thing, but its hard to find. Most anime is shit and you gotta watch a lot of shit before you find something good.

And for stuff this season, if you aren't watching it already, watch Osomatsu-san. From the way its going now, it might become one of my favorites.
>>
>>133541804
I've only watched 112 shows... are there really still hidden gems at the 400+ point? I've cleared most of the entry level / well-known stuff so I feel like I just have to start picking stuff at random to see if it sticks.
>>
File: pic_fuking_related.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pic_fuking_related.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
until my last day
>>
>>133541958
>I've only watched 112 shows... are there really still hidden gems at the 400+ point?
You'd be surprised.
>>
File: 1354072727732.gif (840 KB, 500x141) Image search: [Google]
1354072727732.gif
840 KB, 500x141
>>133541958
You'd be surprised.
Well its a little different for me than in your case. The "gems" I find are just by chance. Back before fansubbing died (cr/hs), I'd randomly download a show one of the sub groups I like were subbing and just give it a try. Jinrui, Shinsekai Yori, Sakamichi no Apollon. All shows I never heard of, didn't know anyone's opinion on them and definitely plan on rewatching in the future.

Once you get past the entry level stuff, you have to form your own opinion. For example, I like SoLs that play with your emotions like Clannad, ovas with great animation like Kara no Kyoukai or Hellsing Ultimate, at the same time like gorey shows like Akame ga Kill, long shounens like One Piece, or comedies like Nichibros. Its hard to suggest something to me cause I literally will watch anything all the way through if I actually start it

I can tell if an anime is going to be good or bad just by reading the synopsis. I watch shows made by certain studios like Madhouse. Or if there's a certain seiyuu like Nakata Jouji or HanaKana. Form. Your. Own. Opinion. I've seen 400+ and my backlog is even longer of stuff I want to watch. There's something like 10,000+ different series right now if I remember right. Still plenty of stuff to see.
>>
>>133540204
best explanation for this feel that i've seen
>>
>>133545435
Feeling, faggot. Feeling.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.